PDA

View Full Version : Presenting... the 5E Guilder

Fizz
10-17-2018, 10:51 PM
Hi all-

I have posted on the wiki my take on the 5E Guilder. Much flavour text needs to the added and things formatted, but the functional bits are there.

I don't think the Rogue class captures the essence of the Guilder. Rogues are too focused on subterfuge and backstabs, and a guilder does not need to be like that. So i think a new class, rather than an archetype, is justified.

The philosophy behind this is based on the 2nd Ed version. Guilders in 2nd Ed took advantage of the non-weapon proficiency system. In 5E that translates to skills, so this guilder gets many bonuses related to skills. Plus i've added a few 5E abilities that are consistent with the intended flavour of the class.

Basically, i'm trying to be true to the original class, but with updated mechanics.

Anyways, check the wiki and let me know your thoughts. I hope to see feedback when i get back from vacation. :)

-Fizz

http://www.birthright.net/forums/showwiki.php?title=Guilder_5e

Fizz
10-24-2018, 02:39 PM
Thanks to Sorontar for updating the headings and table to make it look much more presentable. :)

-Fizz

Sorontar
10-30-2018, 12:08 PM
No problem. Still not sure what is standard format for 5th edition classes so it probably needs to be redone. For one, I would but the table before any of the explanations of the level bonuses and I would make it so you can click on the bonuses in the table to get to the explanations. For now, that is a bit more time and effort than I have.

Fizz
09-23-2023, 10:48 PM
I have updated the 5e Guilder with a third path; the Explorer. Hope you 5e players out there have fun with it! :)

-Fizz