PDA

View Full Version : WIP User Interface

Arjan
07-14-2018, 09:45 PM
Here some screenshots of the work in progress of the User Interface

Sorontar
07-15-2018, 05:38 AM
Nice. If you can, I recommend that text titles are shown for Race/Class selections whenever focus is on a choice, i.e. when the cursor/tab/gauntlet is over the first race, it shows "Anuirean". This will help clarify the selections, especially for newcomers to the game.

If you can, design all visible text in the game to be able to be localised in the distant future, ie. translated. Again, this is to help non-English/French/Spanish/Old Andu speakers. No need to add the trasnslations yet, but by making it possible from the start, you will help yourself.

Arjan
07-15-2018, 05:19 PM
the tooltip is actually there (see attachment) but i am thinking about moving it to a separate panel on the right to display it like a summary

Arjan
07-15-2018, 05:21 PM
If you can, design all visible text in the game to be able to be localised in the distant future, ie. translated. Again, this is to help non-English/French/Spanish/Old Andu speakers. No need to add the trasnslations yet, but by making it possible from the start, you will help yourself.

already there :)

Magian
07-16-2018, 04:19 AM
w = forward
a = left strafe
s = back peddle
d = right strafe
right mouse click to look around

Are those the basic movement controls? I'd copy WoW's main controls in that way since it is widely played.

Arjan
07-16-2018, 02:40 PM
w = forward
a = left strafe
s = back peddle
d = right strafe
right mouse click to look around

Are those the basic movement controls? I'd copy WoW's main controls in that way since it is widely played.

more or less. wow has click targeting, tab targeting. And people are quite done with that.
they want more freedom like point and shoot with the posibility to miss for whatever reason (hitting a tree, target moves, they aimed wrong. their position is wrong etc)

The controller which i have build now is more in the line of Neverwinter MMO (free on steam) and Dark Souls.

so WSAD to move, mouse to look and target (crosshair idea) mouse left and right attacks and a few actionkeys. not too many because i want people to be able to play with a controller as well.

The fighting style will be fast paced action.