PDA

View Full Version : Whos still active on BRnet?

Arjan
04-27-2017, 07:17 PM
Hi all,
since i took my leave the site hasnt changed much.. actually is broken in a few places.
I was thinking about looking into the possibilities of reanimating it again, perhaps with a different way of doing things.
So i am wondering who is still using BRnet, and give some ideas on how you would like to see BR(net) being continued on the web

Retillin
04-28-2017, 01:33 PM
I tend to check here once every few days. To see if new questions or articles are posted. Personally I enjoy it the way it is. But would not be adverse to change. If it is an upgrade, go for it. The site has always been a favourite of mine.

Arius Vistoon
04-28-2017, 05:10 PM
i take a look one or 2 time by week for check if they are big problem and help people to register.

After you leave, i wish upgrade but there a lot of thing to do (to do it good) and not to lot of people come...

Sorontar
04-29-2017, 01:39 PM
I tend to check the state of things at least once a month, sometimes once or twice a week. Don't have time to do much.

Sorontar

Adras
04-29-2017, 03:18 PM
I've actually just returned to the site after a very long absence. I've come back because I am finally running a birthrightesque game again, and I'm digging for any and all information on how different people have implemented it in GURPS.

Fizz
04-29-2017, 08:31 PM
I check in every other week or so. I check for new discussions, new files. I've been hoping to finish a small project, for eventual posting on BR.net.

I don't have a problem with how the site currently looks, but i wouldn't object to a refresh, so long as things remain easily navigable. (Lately, i've seen a few too many sites get too clever with their layout and they just become clumsy to use.)

-Fizz

Stormlover13
04-30-2017, 02:43 AM
I like to check back here regularly. Would love to see more updates and activity.

nickgreyden
04-30-2017, 08:34 AM
Usage may vary...

When I have time I love to come here and update the wiki and see what is going on. When I'm running a game, I'm here quite frequently to get information, ask questions, and come up with hooks/ideas.

But as things stand right now, I only have time to check it out every week or so. I'd love a wiki update to bring it more into alignment with how wikipedia itself is made with the templates and what-not (The amount of time I've spent trying to work up solutions to infoboxes alone I could have built a house lol).

The downloads/uploads section could definitely use a facelift with more detail on keywords and a more robust searching/filtering system.

The forums themselves seem to be just fine. But there really does need to be a "contact us" button somewhere easily viewable if there is a problem with the site. I'm sure Arius is annoyed at my emails when the site goes down or about bot spammers on the wiki. I'm sure it is annoying to both Arius and google translate to figure out what I'm saying with my southern accent ;-)

Arius Vistoon
04-30-2017, 03:53 PM
I'm sure Arius is annoyed at my emails when the site goes down or about bot spammers on the wiki. I'm sure it is annoying to both Arius and google translate to figure out what I'm saying with my southern accent ;-)

not a problem, in fact i'm happy somepeople do this when i did'nt see that. A big thank you to you :)

DeusEx1977
05-01-2017, 05:20 AM
I still use BRNet on an almost weekly basis. I run most of my D&D, Pathfinder, HR Blend rules using the Birthright setting. So for me, more than anything I tend to use the BR Wiki functions to look up place names, settings etc.

The biggest suggestion I would make as far as that is concerned, is to maybe make sure to include clearer delineations as to what came directly from which source. I've noticed on quite a few pages that content from other players' campaigns, house rules etc. has slipped in and that's confused some of my players on more than a few occasions.

Other than that, keep up the good work, for sure! Also, I'm not sure if you would maybe consider setting up a Patreon or something like that. I mean, I know you have the one time donation thing through Paypal... but maybe something to provide a more constant source of income might not be a bad idea.

Rowan
05-01-2017, 04:27 PM
I still check in a few times a month. Growing family and other obligations keep me limited, but I still have a special interest in the community, setting, and game.

How much time, effort, and money is required to keep this thing alive?

Arjan
05-01-2017, 09:06 PM
I still check in a few times a month. Growing family and other obligations keep me limited, but I still have a special interest in the community, setting, and game.

How much time, effort, and money is required to keep this thing alive?

The time and effort can be endless, as far as the money not too much. we are on a shared server with athas.org and so far i didnt have a complain about sharing the costs.
Sindre is still paying for the domain.

So that leaves us to the software being used.
we started out with wikipedias software mediawiki, but at one point we created a bridge between vbulleting and mediawiki (VbWiki)
eventually we merged the two into vbulletin using a vbulletin mod call vaultwiki
https://www.vaultwiki.org/features/

Not sure we have the latest version.

Anyway, an option is, like nick proposed to "roll-back" to MediaWiki.
Thats gonna be an immense amount of work considering the work that has been put in converting it to vaultwiki in the first place.
but yes, i am afraid it will be a page to page copy job.

The good thing about doing that, we can sort out certain things as well to clear things up. (clean/enhance brwiki)
And we know the mediawiki software will be kept in development for wikipedia.
So that could be a safe/wise move to keep BRnet alive.

The forum software could still run, but it will loose the once so admired vaultwiki integration..
there are still a few plugins that connect vbulletin with mediawiki
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:VBulletin/Users_Integration

so yes, that could work.

Arjan
05-01-2017, 09:11 PM
as a matter of fact the old mediawiki install is still up and running. (kept it there for reference when copying it)
http://www.birthright.net/brwiki/index.php/Main_Page
might need a little update :)

Sorontar
05-02-2017, 01:25 PM
as a matter of fact the old mediawiki install is still up and running. (kept it there for reference when copying it)
http://www.birthright.net/brwiki/index.php/Main_Page
might need a little update :)

Last content edits to that version of BrWiki were 30 September 2011. Not sure how much we have added to BrWiki (or changed to those pages) since then. I know a lot of the manual changes were fixing 'special' characters like quotation marks, and adding or removing blank lines due to the WYSIWYG nature of the new software. Manually it was a lot of work. Automating conversions like that is a lot better. Believe me, as a data scientist, this is what I try to do with data regularly (but still have to do some grunt work manually unfortunately).

Sorontar

Grimwell
05-02-2017, 02:48 PM
I've been using the site more in the last few months than I have for years due to a new game I'm running in Muden.

I'm to the point where I'm looking at running a West Marches style game in Cerilia beginning this summer, so I can easily see a point where I'm referencing information here much more often.

I can see the need for some kind of platform update/shift to clean things up but I'm quite thankful that it's just here!

Arjan
05-02-2017, 02:50 PM
Last content edits to that version of BrWiki were 30 September 2011. Not sure how much we have added to BrWiki (or changed to those pages) since then. I know a lot of the manual changes were fixing 'special' characters like quotation marks, and adding or removing blank lines due to the WYSIWYG nature of the new software. Manually it was a lot of work. Automating conversions like that is a lot better. Believe me, as a data scientist, this is what I try to do with data regularly (but still have to do some grunt work manually unfortunately).

Sorontar

true, most of the edits after the conversion from mediawiki were because of the incompatibility of some of the mediawiki addons we were using like variable and dynamic pagelist.

I am not saying it wont be a lot of work, but it might be a good idea for the continuity of the website. mediawiki (i assume) wont have an end of life anytime soon.

I used to have a lot of rainy sundays in holland, but here in Lima i have waaaay less :)

AndrewTall
05-02-2017, 08:11 PM
I check in most days, but have much less time generally due to RL changes. I have a lot of fond memories of the site though so am happy to help where I can and with the costs.

nickgreyden
05-02-2017, 10:25 PM
true, most of the edits after the conversion from mediawiki were because of the incompatibility of some of the mediawiki addons we were using like variable and dynamic pagelist.

BUT BUT BUT Halspaka and The Siren's Relam!!! lol

Arjan
05-03-2017, 01:25 AM
BUT BUT BUT Halspaka and The Siren's Relam!!! lol

Exactly, a "few" pages were created afterwards as well hehe :rolleyes:

Arius Vistoon
05-04-2017, 12:14 AM
For the VBulletin i buy the last version, for vaultwiki i buy a licence forever for xenforo (the license for vbulletin expire some years before), i buy xenforo too.

My first idea was to migrate vBulletin in the next version but vBulletin declined (lot of people want leave it for some reason, one of them is the bad code). i saw Xenforo (created by some developper from vbulletin who want do more better than vBulletin).

So my second idea is to migrate to xenforo. i succeed it with some hack i need do but succeed. I begin to do migrate all template but i see a problem when i try to migrate the wiki...i search a good way to did it, but everytime i lost some data or the wiki have no link to the forum.

These, they take me lot of time. Now, i think the best way, it's not this.

sharpround
05-11-2017, 09:34 PM
I'm here a couple times a month to learn about the setting. I never played Birthright when it was "live", but I use the Birthright setting with 5e rules and adventure/campaign material. The info and resources here help a lot, especially in seeing how folk have interpreted/adapted the content.

I'd be happy to contribute to modern projects. I'd also be happy to just have access to the existing content.

deman7145
05-13-2017, 02:40 PM
I'd like to see more information on birthright style pc games mostly the battles on the map is what I loved about The Gorgon's Alliance. I just got the old game working again thru dosbox only downfall about the 1.4 update is when you load a scenedit save you don't get to chose which nation to use like older game allowed only the nation that was active when you saved unless there's a way to save it differently in scenedit. Can't even chose which of the two ruler's are the regent.

JakobLiar
05-16-2017, 02:44 AM
I'm still here.

Elton Robb
05-17-2017, 11:51 PM
I've been contemplating coming back.

DarkApple
05-19-2017, 03:23 PM
Still floating around every now and then :D

Lhaelion
05-19-2017, 04:11 PM
Hello. i am french. I love your site. I read it on a regular basis.
Would you be interested if submit any stories and
role-played adventures ? (about Talinie, Tuornen, Ilien, Five Peaks,
Brosengae, Aduria ) You (and other friends) helped me to build
all these stories.
But I don't know if many people want to read french language.

Please follow your activity with BRnet.

DarkApple
05-20-2017, 10:25 PM
Hello. i am french. I love your site. I read it on a regular basis.
Would you be interested if submit any stories and
role-played adventures ? (about Talinie, Tuornen, Ilien, Five Peaks,
Brosengae, Aduria ) You (and other friends) helped me to build
all these stories.
But I don't know if many people want to read french language.

Please follow your activity with BRnet.

I do read French :D

Arius Vistoon
05-21-2017, 05:41 PM
i'm french so...of course i will be happy to read french stories about birthright

geeman
05-28-2017, 05:29 AM
I pop in upon occasion, though these days I really can't be investing the kind of time I once dedicated to BR materials.

TSonnenberg1970
05-28-2017, 07:29 AM
Hello, i am from Germany and i like Birthright and this site.

DerekSTheRed
06-02-2017, 07:12 PM
Hi I still use this site's wiki. I've been looking into doing my own 5E conversion of BR that is more native to 5E. For instance, I have a working version that does Blood Powers as blessings (basically native powers equivalent to wondrous items DMG 227) and the Azrai blood line as a blessing that is also a sentient magic item (DMG 214).

Wotc's Unearthed Arcana series of articles provides a couple different rules for Mass Combat. I'd like to try to write a conversion system for BR's card units based on the latest version. The DMG (and recently updated in UA) downtime activities are also something that I would like to adapt to replace the Regent's domain actions.

I'm currently DMing a 5E D&D game set in Birthright to play test some of these ideas. The characters are nobles loyal to the Patriarch of Elinie and are currently on a secret mission to help William Moergen reclaim his throne before Osoerde and Ghoere attack Elinie. Since war is coming to my campaign, I'll be doing the BR unit conversion of Mass Combat pretty soon.

Arius Vistoon
06-05-2017, 04:39 PM
Hi I still use this site's wiki. I've been looking into doing my own 5E conversion of BR that is more native to 5E. For instance, I have a working version that does Blood Powers as blessings (basically native powers equivalent to wondrous items DMG 227) and the Azrai blood line as a blessing that is also a sentient magic item (DMG 214).

Wotc's Unearthed Arcana series of articles provides a couple different rules for Mass Combat. I'd like to try to write a conversion system for BR's card units based on the latest version. The DMG (and recently updated in UA) downtime activities are also something that I would like to adapt to replace the Regent's domain actions.

I'm currently DMing a 5E D&D game set in Birthright to play test some of these ideas. The characters are nobles loyal to the Patriarch of Elinie and are currently on a secret mission to help William Moergen reclaim his throne before Osoerde and Ghoere attack Elinie. Since war is coming to my campaign, I'll be doing the BR unit conversion of Mass Combat pretty soon.
Don't hesitate to fill the wiki with your work. The wiki is here for this : share and keep knowledge

Lee
06-10-2017, 03:09 AM
I try to check in weekly, though it seems I've missed over a month. I'm no longer running a game, so it's less of an active interest for me.

arpig2
06-23-2017, 05:25 PM
I am in the middle of my detailing of Djapar, and so use the site for the Wiki, but other than that, not much, since I am not actively playing or running a game these days.

Swashbuckler
06-26-2017, 03:55 PM
I'm always lurking, looking to see if someone is starting a new game, or to view the progress of some of the area updates, or to check on the CC2 Birthright mod ... all great stuff!

Fearless_Leader
07-06-2017, 05:45 AM
I know I'm late to this thread, but I'm still here. I just logged into the website for the first time in.... ages. I'll make more of an effort to visit here, and if there's anything I can do to be of assistance, I'd be glad to help.

ChaosMarine
07-07-2017, 01:48 AM
I've been visiting again regularly for the past 6 months or so since a friend of mine started a birthright campaign in 5E. I've mostly been making use of the atlas, realm and province descriptions.

arpig2
07-07-2017, 12:03 PM
I just added a file to the downloads section, a race I created for my big project. the Ninshon sub-continent.

TheChamberlain
07-11-2017, 11:48 AM
I still view the forum now and again.

The Wiki is vital for me as a GM, invaluable.

DM-Isaelie
07-15-2017, 02:26 AM
The biggest suggestion I would make as far as that is concerned, is to maybe make sure to include clearer delineations as to what came directly from which source. I've noticed on quite a few pages that content from other players' campaigns, house rules etc. has slipped in and that's confused some of my players on more than a few occasions.

Agreed.

Lifesbane
08-08-2017, 08:39 PM
Agreed.

Still here . Happy to help if I can. Look at the active PBeM thread and the wiki most often.

Dirk
12-01-2017, 07:38 PM
I’m back after a several year absence. I’m excited to review the wiki.

Green Knight
12-05-2017, 09:28 AM
Stopped by a few weeks ago, after a very long absence (X years).

Was looking at some old campaign notes and got an urge to check up on the site.

Pretty quiet though.

sperigny101
02-08-2018, 06:15 PM
Got a new (challenging) job, got a house, got a baby.

All in the last 8 months.

I stop by when I can. Like Lifesbane, I check the active PBEM thread the most.

I just recommended the site to a player that is new at D&D and that was asking me for advice on how to run battles between armies and to manage a small barony.

bruenor
02-17-2018, 02:03 AM
Just Getting back into Birthright.
Have all the old books but never got a sustained campaign off the ground.
new group, new year running as 3.5 hope for a lot of adventures
Great setting

rarier
02-17-2018, 09:24 AM
Same, though for a change my group is actually back tracking to 2Ed rules so the kids can see how the 'rent played "back in the day"...

Still a useful resource and *still* looking for ideas regarding Caelcorwyn!
Daggum players just seem to have a fascination with that hunk o' rock!

Vallariel
02-21-2018, 01:37 AM
I still wander through the site from time to time. Mostly to see if there are any new pbem's starting up :)

Jschrock
02-28-2018, 07:08 AM
As a GM who is just starting a new campaign in this setting this site is invaluable and I hope to continue to use it in the months to come.

Lord_Johnny
03-15-2018, 01:37 AM
It kind of depends on what's going on in the world outside of gaming. I'd love to get back into Birthright gaming, but it doesn't happen often.

However, when I am in it, I come here A LOT. Sometimes that means 5 to 10 times a day, 6 days a week, for several weeks at a time.

JakobLiar
03-19-2018, 06:11 PM
Its been a while since I had been on here, but I am working on a Birthright tabletop game and am back into checking this site out again.

Blaede
04-05-2018, 06:28 AM
Hi everyone,

I've been playing this game since it came out, in 1995 and only stopped two years ago because our GM didn't have time anymore.

I've played a dozen different RPG but Birthright has always been my favourite. I also designed an application a few years ago to help the GM manage his campaigns (the link must still be somewhere on this forum :p).

A couple of weeks ago, I decided, along with some friends and colleagues, that it would be nice to buy the license for the Birthright Campaign Setting from WotC and to resurrect the game buy publishing new supplements and creating a web application that would allow people to play online.

We have a strong team (11 people) of web developpers, illustrators and professional RPG authors ready to give it a try and considering the recent revival of RPGs, we believe it could be a success.

Early this week, I tried to contact WotC by sending them a nice presentation, along with our proposal. Unfortunately, the only way to contact WotC seems to be through their Customer Service online form and you can imagine that the guy who received my message doesn't have the power to negotiate such things.

I can tell from his answer that he didn't even bother reading the presentation, as he said they could not give us the permission to use the license because they only allow the use of the OGL (Open Game License) or stuff that is on the DM's Guild page. He didn't understand that we are not asking the permission to use the license, we are asking if they would be willing the sell us the license ;)

So anyway, my question for you is: would you have any suggestion on how to contact the right people directly, without going through the 1st line support. Has any of you already been in contact with someone with a managerial position at WotC and maybe could share the info?

I am still trying to convince the Customer Service to forward my message to the right people but in the meantime, any help to get our message through would be appreciated.

I will keep you posted.

Love is the Law,
Blaede

Arjan
04-05-2018, 01:42 PM
Hi everyone,

I've been playing this game since it came out, in 1995 and only stopped two years ago because our GM didn't have time anymore.

I've played a dozen different RPG but Birthright has always been my favourite. I also designed an application a few years ago to help the GM manage his campaigns (the link must still be somewhere on this forum :p).

A couple of weeks ago, I decided, along with some friends and colleagues, that it would be nice to buy the license for the Birthright Campaign Setting from WotC and to resurrect the game buy publishing new supplements and creating a web application that would allow people to play online.

We have a strong team (11 people) of web developpers, illustrators and professional RPG authors ready to give it a try and considering the recent revival of RPGs, we believe it could be a success.

Early this week, I tried to contact WotC by sending them a nice presentation, along with our proposal. Unfortunately, the only way to contact WotC seems to be through their Customer Service online form and you can imagine that the guy who received my message doesn't have the power to negotiate such things.

I can tell from his answer that he didn't even bother reading the presentation, as he said they could not give us the permission to use the license because they only allow the use of the OGL (Open Game License) or stuff that is on the DM's Guild page. He didn't understand that we are not asking the permission to use the license, we are asking if they would be willing the sell us the license ;)

So anyway, my question for you is: would you have any suggestion on how to contact the right people directly, without going through the 1st line support. Has any of you already been in contact with someone with a managerial position at WotC and maybe could share the info?

I am still trying to convince the Customer Service to forward my message to the right people but in the meantime, any help to get our message through would be appreciated.

I will keep you posted.

Love is the Law,
Blaede

Blaede i can help you with a few things. A couple of years ago i was in contact with their lawyers and Rich Baker as well to talk about the same goal.
Send me a msg/email and we can talk some more in depth.

Blaede
04-05-2018, 03:49 PM
Done ;)

Arius Vistoon
04-07-2018, 04:14 AM
sound nice. Keep in touch ;)

Blaede
04-07-2018, 07:22 AM
I just received what seems to be WotC final answer.

Hello again, Nicolas. I’m sorry if my response was less clear than I intended. I’ll give you a little more insight into the answer I provided. I am the customer-facing voice of the Permissions team. I have spoken with the D&D team, and while they appreciate your interest in the Birthright campaign setting, Wizards is not interested in selling the rights to any of our D&D worlds. As the fifth edition Dungeon Master's Guide mentions, all our worlds are part of a greater multiverse, including the world of Aebrynis (of Birthright fame). While we may occasionally work with partners to create updated versions of our stories and campaign settings, like we did with Tracy and Laura Hickman on Curse of Strahd, we do still intend to own our worlds.

While we cannot speak specifically about any plans for the Birthright campaign setting, or a 5e reworking of realm management rules or resources, until such resources are created, fans are welcome to use 5E rules alongside their original Birthright sourcebooks. The realm management aspect of Birthright is pretty modular in itself. If you want to create and distribute a realm management tool, I recommend that it not use our IP. If you’re unsure about what counts as our IP, we recommend you seek advice from your own legal counsel.

Thank you again for your interest, and for your love of Birthright!

At least I tried...

Thanks Arjan for the contacts, seems I won't need them after all.
Cheers,
Blaede

Arjan
04-08-2018, 05:45 PM
I just received what seems to be WotC final answer.

At least I tried...

Thanks Arjan for the contacts, seems I won't need them after all.
Cheers,
Blaede

maybe the "Patron" way is to avoid all IP violations.
You publish the tool foor free on sites like BRnet as being fan made.
But people can support you on Patron.

I was actually considering this for BRnet, so that we could hire writers/artists to actually continue developing BRnet

AndrewTall
04-13-2018, 09:31 PM
At least WOTC have remembers BR now, they forgot us when they did their big 'all the settings' compendium a while back.

Patreon might be one approach, I can see it working for a 'Princess Ark' type exploration of a setting, but for 1-off projects I'm less certain, you would wind up struggling to get enough people together at any one time I fear, and those who came later would have no clear way to contribute.

It might be possible to do a chapter at a time via Patreon, that would spread the load, but the trouble is the iterative nature of any new edition.

Plus to do it properly you would need a realm management tool to handle all the book-keeping, and that would not be easy, particularly if you allowed a few rules variants to be used with it.

Blaede
04-21-2018, 10:20 PM
Hi guys!

Since WotC doesn't want to play ball, we decided to create a new RPG altogether.
The game will offer 3 original settings: Fantasy, Modern and SF and will contain its own original game system but will also be compatible with other open game systems like D20, Pathfinder...

And of course, it will also offer a domain management system, heavily inspired by Birthright, with the blessing of Richard Baker (the creator of Birthright) who kindly agreed to write the preface.

Last but not least, a web application will be available as a book keeper for the GM to support him in managing his campaign and give the possibility to the players to play online.

In order to fund this bold project, a Kickstarter will be launched this summer. A preview page will already be created next month and of course I will link it here as soon as it's up!

Cheers,
Blaede

JakobLiar
04-27-2018, 09:34 PM
Sweet. Good luck with that, Blaede. I can't wait to see an active RPG system using the Domain system (I think Conan is going to /try/ to do something like that, but their Mass Combat rules were quite disappointing to me).

Like I bet a good amount of people would say, if you need help writing any details or fantasy/SF work let me know. I've written a couple tidbits for a couple 3rd Party PDFs, though nothing big. I'd love to help advance the cause, even if its only through Kickstarter.

Blaede
05-25-2018, 03:03 PM
Thank you Jakob,

The preview page on Kickstarter is coming very soon (hopefully next week).
I'll post a link here asap of course :D

Arjan
05-26-2018, 10:34 PM
Thank you Jakob,

The preview page on Kickstarter is coming very soon (hopefully next week).
I'll post a link here asap of course :D

looking forward to the pitch!

DarkApple
06-03-2018, 06:09 PM
looking forward to the pitch!

Same here :)

Elton Robb
06-05-2018, 12:29 AM
Good luck. :D

Blaede
06-05-2018, 09:16 AM
Thank you guys! We had some delay shooting the video for the preview but it's coming soon! Before the end of the month at the latest.

The Kickstarter Campaign will start end of July, just before the Gen Con.

Messy1
02-17-2019, 04:41 AM
Hi all,
since i took my leave the site hasnt changed much.. actually is broken in a few places.
I was thinking about looking into the possibilities of reanimating it again, perhaps with a different way of doing things.
So i am wondering who is still using BRnet, and give some ideas on how you would like to see BR(net) being continued on the web

Hello, I am new to Birthright.Net . . . actually, I have been looking at the site for a few years now. At last I have accumulated all the physical copies of the BRCS material have actually started a game with 8-1o PCs. I am the DM and I am not running a campaign focused on Domain management, but I plan on using the battle system and maps when the PCs get themselves in to a large battle scenario. I LOVE Birthright, in my opinion is is by far one of the richest settings for AD&D. Oh yes, we are using AD&D 2e rules with all the trimmings (kits, weapon proficiencies, non-weapon proficiencies, combat and tactics, skills and powers, character point system etc). Love it.

Fizz
02-18-2019, 10:14 PM
Hello, I am new to Birthright.Net . . . actually, I have been looking at the site for a few years now. At last I have accumulated all the physical copies of the BRCS material have actually started a game with 8-1o PCs. I am the DM and I am not running a campaign focused on Domain management, but I plan on using the battle system and maps when the PCs get themselves in to a large battle scenario. I LOVE Birthright, in my opinion is is by far one of the richest settings for AD&D. Oh yes, we are using AD&D 2e rules with all the trimmings (kits, weapon proficiencies, non-weapon proficiencies, combat and tactics, skills and powers, character point system etc). Love it.

Welcome to the site! That's a big group you're running- the biggest i ever had was 7 pc's. I love that you're sticking to 2nd Ed rules. There are things about that system that i miss.

-Fizz

Messy1
02-19-2019, 05:25 AM
Welcome to the site! That's a big group you're running- the biggest i ever had was 7 pc's. I love that you're sticking to 2nd Ed rules. There are things about that system that i miss.

-Fizz

Thank you . . . check out the character sheet I uploaded to the downloads area!

Messy1
02-20-2019, 12:20 AM
Hi all,

Hey, I want to help in some way. BR is THE BEST campaign setting IMO and I totally want to help enshrine it on the internet!

Best,
Messy1

RedMage
03-07-2019, 12:33 AM
Arjan,

I still use the site pretty much once per week. I'm a bit out of touch on the software development side, so not sure I can be of help. I can act as an Editor I suppose, but again somewhat limited in time I can put in. So all in all I'm not of much use to you, but would greatly appreciate any updates you feel inclined to do.

Many thanks,
Redmage

Messy1
09-14-2019, 08:47 PM
Hi,

Is there a kickstarter set up yet?

Best,
Messy1

Mirviriam
12-17-2019, 06:17 PM
I'm around in spurts.

Mostly when my need to build gets the best of me and I dream of fleshing out more birthright stuff.

Michael Romes
04-23-2021, 03:09 PM
Perhaps once every forthnight do I take a quick look if something changed on Birthright.net

Swashbuckler
05-26-2021, 06:15 PM
I'm always lurking about. :D

ShadowcatX
05-26-2021, 10:42 PM
I tend to come and go as I bounce around between settings.

Kalset
05-27-2021, 12:58 AM
I check in every once and while

pjuambeltz@gmail.com
05-31-2021, 08:40 PM
Hi. I recently joined.

Stormlover13
06-01-2021, 11:31 PM
I am here often.

pjuambeltz@gmail.com
06-01-2021, 11:56 PM
But is the community still active? Most of the threads seem inactive over an year.

I am preparing to run some BR based games in 5e and was looking for some help. I saw there are like 4 or 5 conversions but none unified, so I will pick what I like from each and add my own twists I guess. But what about published adventures and named NPCs? Was there any attempt to convert them to 5e?

Finally, I would love some advice from prople who actually ran some BR campaigns in how to handle certain things.

Sorontar
06-02-2021, 11:46 AM
The BR.net community is still here but some more "live" discussions are occurring on the related Discord channel.
See http://www.birthright.net/forums/showthread.php?28833-Birthright-Discord-server

You are still welcome to post here though.

Sorontar

ryancoke
06-05-2021, 11:27 PM
I am starting a Sages of Birthright facebook group. I am going to try to let people know about what they are missing.

-Ryan

AndrewTall
06-08-2021, 02:53 PM
I am starting a Sages of Birthright facebook group. I am going to try to let people know about what they are missing.

-Ryan

There is already a facebook group for Birthright https://www.facebook.com/groups/birthright so that may have capacity to discuss what you want.

Haeda
06-12-2021, 02:40 AM
I check in here pretty regularly.

Terrorpiglet
08-05-2021, 01:19 AM
I've been popping in semi-regularly (a couple of times a month?), but if this isn't my first post...well, ever...it's close. Spend half my time looking for non-official "Player Secrets of XXX", but I'm guessing there aren't any. And no policy on posting them, either, I'm going to guess?

AndrewTall
08-05-2021, 07:31 PM
I've been popping in semi-regularly (a couple of times a month?), but if this isn't my first post...well, ever...it's close. Spend half my time looking for non-official "Player Secrets of XXX", but I'm guessing there aren't any. And no policy on posting them, either, I'm going to guess?

Hi Terror Piglet

Pure fan stuff, but I did a players secrets of Danigau and another for Dhoesone, both are up on the wiki but I could send word docs if you pm me your email.

Not sure if we have another unofficial PS around, but think there was some additional stuff on the wiki for other realms.

Kind regards

Andy

Terrorpiglet
08-07-2021, 03:53 AM
Hi Terror Piglet

Pure fan stuff, but I did a players secrets of Danigau and another for Dhoesone, both are up on the wiki but I could send word docs if you pm me your email.

Not sure if we have another unofficial PS around, but think there was some additional stuff on the wiki for other realms.

Kind regards

Andy

Ahh, thank you for the reply. Much appreciated.

I asked because I've had a Player's Secrets (Mieres) in a spiral notebook for, yikes, 20 years or so? And been scribbling one for Alamie on and off. But I didn't want to just throw them up without knowing what I was doing, only to have an (almost certainly justifiably) exasperated admin/moderator pop in and go "Um...no, that's not how you're supposed to do it." I figured it was wiser to ask before I stuck my proverbial foot in my mouth. :o

Anyways, if putting them up is permissable, I'll head wherever directed to do so. And thank you again for the reply.

AndrewTall
08-16-2021, 09:14 PM
Ahh, thank you for the reply. Much appreciated.

I asked because I've had a Player's Secrets (Mieres) in a spiral notebook for, yikes, 20 years or so? And been scribbling one for Alamie on and off. But I didn't want to just throw them up without knowing what I was doing, only to have an (almost certainly justifiably) exasperated admin/moderator pop in and go "Um...no, that's not how you're supposed to do it." I figured it was wiser to ask before I stuck my proverbial foot in my mouth. :o

Anyways, if putting them up is permissable, I'll head wherever directed to do so. And thank you again for the reply.

Putting them on the wiki is perfectly acceptable, as is putting them in downloads. If you think any of it is 'outside of the norm' then put a 'fanfic' banner on it.

For the wiki an easy way to put stuff up is to 'edit' an existing page, copy and paste it into word, then just save & close the page you looked at. Delete the specific text and replace with placeholder text, your word file now has all the necessary formatting, the same layout as the other page, etc - you just need to paste in your text and you are good to upload. The hardest part in 'wiki''ing a word file tends to be the main landing page as it has all the links, the detail pages tend to have relatively few links and common formatting.