PDA

View Full Version : the 5E Guilder?

Fizz
01-11-2017, 01:43 AM
Hi all-

I have always liked the Guilder class, and i am wondering about adding one to 5E.

Perhaps the guilder could be another rogue archetype. However, there are a number of rogue abilities (sneak attack, cant, dodge, evasion, etc) that may not fit the guilder. The rogue in all guises is clearly a sneaky type, but a Guilder is not (necessarily) so.

So maybe the Guilder could be justified as its own new class, with its own paths: adventurer, trader, things like that.

I like the idea of the Guilder, and i think the 5E system could support one , but i am undecided on the best way to implement.

What do you think?

-Fizz

Akin the Fiend
03-25-2017, 01:55 PM
Hi all-

I have always liked the Guilder class, and i am wondering about adding one to 5E.

Perhaps the guilder could be another rogue archetype. However, there are a number of rogue abilities (sneak attack, cant, dodge, evasion, etc) that may not fit the guilder. The rogue in all guises is clearly a sneaky type, but a Guilder is not (necessarily) so.

So maybe the Guilder could be justified as its own new class, with its own paths: adventurer, trader, things like that.

I like the idea of the Guilder, and i think the 5E system could support one , but i am undecided on the best way to implement.

What do you think?

-Fizz

Do it!

I would go for a full class, and with different paths. One that was suited to the Brecht tradition, another for the Khinasi traders.

Another idea would be a Cleric domain for Priests of Sera, a guilder domain that was centered around trade. The Sterling Vermin Cleric handbook (https://sterlingvermin.com/2015/12/23/devout-handbook-part-1-clerics/) has a domain of commerce, that could be adapted for BR.

Akin the Fiend
03-25-2017, 08:34 PM
Do it! A Guild class, with a number of paths (including an nautical based one) would be awesome.