PDA

View Full Version : A different take on Humans

Delazar
06-01-2016, 07:30 AM
So, I did THIS (http://www.naturalcrit.com/homebrew/share/ryVG6-h7).

What do you think?

AndrewTall
06-01-2016, 07:39 PM
It looks nice, I presume that the usual human bonus of +1 skill point is lost?

I presume that characters are only ever 1 of the human tribes as sailors, merchants and nobles could obviously have ancestors of more than one tribe.

Delazar
06-02-2016, 01:03 PM
It looks nice, I presume that the usual human bonus of +1 skill point is lost?

5E doesn't use skill points, but I gave them one additional skill.

I presume that characters are only ever 1 of the human tribes as sailors, merchants and nobles could obviously have ancestors of more than one tribe.

Yes, which is in line with how it works for any other race, in any other edition.

AndrewTall
06-02-2016, 10:17 PM
5E doesn't use skill points, but I gave them one additional skill.

Ah, the joy of being editions behind :(

Yes, which is in line with how it works for any other race, in any other edition.

True, but using your system it would be simple enough to make mixed blood if you wished, or be a 'khinasi' in Anuire if you could justify the back-story.

nickgreyden
06-03-2016, 11:20 AM
Looks really good, of course I don't know that much about 5th ed :confused:

But a couple of things really quickly....

First, there were a couple of typos: "The nobility is weak in Brechtür and several stats [states?] have declared themselves republics." "Khinasi characters are native to the region [space needed] known as Khinasi." I know it is minor but I notice because it bugs the crap out of me... sorry :(

Secondly, you state that the Khinasi are descendants of the Basarij. If I'm not mistaken, they are separate races and the Khinasi actually (mostly) exterminated the Basarij. Though, like the final point, I could be very wrong.

Lastly, I think I read somewhere that the Khinasi actually distrust, disdain, and possibly even fear the schools of conjuration and necromancy what with the messing with the dead and consorting with demons and all. Whether this is true, worthy enough to be put in a summary as well as making sure 5th ed having those schools of magic have not been determined :-)

AndrewTall
06-03-2016, 08:08 PM
Secondly, you state that the Khinasi are descendants of the Basarij. If I'm not mistaken, they are separate races and the Khinasi actually (mostly) exterminated the Basarij. Though, like the final point, I could be very wrong.

The Khinasi are the descendents of the Basarji and Masetians, the Basarji dominated the Masetians after Deismaar and the only pure Masetians left are found on the Isle of the Serpent.

nickgreyden
06-04-2016, 07:24 PM
ahhh confusing the Basarji and the Masetians. My bad :-/

Vicente
06-08-2016, 09:57 PM
Great job on the layout, looks amazing :)