PDA

View Full Version : (AD&D 2e) Blood Ability - Courage

Delazar
01-11-2015, 09:46 PM
"As a great ability, all units in the scion's area of the battlefield (see War Card section in Part II) automatically succeed morale checks".

Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly, but the only time that a troop has to roll a morale check is when it reaches the reserves after having been routed?

So, the "scions area of the battlefield" is always the "reserves"?

arpig2
01-12-2015, 05:54 PM
Units make morale checks at various other times as well. When they get an R result in combat, and also from various spells.

Delazar
01-12-2015, 09:48 PM
Units make morale checks at various other times as well. When they get an R result in combat, and also from various spells.

When they get an R result, they must first reach the reserves, and then they're entitled a moral check, right?

Regarding spells, I suppose you're referring to Battle Spells from the Book of Priestcraft or Magecraft. But out of the (basic) box, there's no spell that prompt a morale check.

So, it seems the only time you have to roll a morale check is when you reach the reserves...?

arpig2
01-20-2015, 03:55 AM
When they get an R result, they must first reach the reserves, and then they're entitled a moral check, right?
That's not how I read it. A routed unit gets a morale check each morale phase, regardless of where it is located. Until it does make a morale check then it has to move toward the reserve and is stuck there (again, until it makes it's morale check).

Delazar
01-22-2015, 10:40 AM
mh... it does indeed make more sense this way. Thanks!