PDA

View Full Version : Birthright mentions in 5e books

ncs
11-19-2014, 09:01 AM
Hi everyone,
Apart from the brief mention of Birthright in the 5e Player's Handbook, it is also mentioned in the DMG. Yesterday, WotC released an excerpt of the aforementioned book (http://media.wizards.com/2014/downloads/dnd/DMG_67_68.pdf), in which Birthright is mentioned among some worlds of D&D. It may be further cited in future mass combat rules that will be published later (I ignore if the DMG has domain rules, in which it may be mentioned as well). The DMG may have further references of Birthright, but since I don't have the book yet I ignore if it does. The excerpt says the following about the setting:
"On Aebrynis (the heroic-fantasy world of the Birthright setting), scions born from divine bloodlines carve up the continent of Cerilia. Monarchs, prelates, guildmasters, and great wizards balance the demands of rulership against the threat of horrible abominations born from the blood of an evil god."

AndrewTall
11-19-2014, 09:24 PM
Well, at least they remembered us this time :rolleyes:

Fizz
11-20-2014, 03:51 AM
Sweet!
I want to read into this, but probably best not to get my hopes up. Heh.

-Fizz

ebatalis
11-20-2014, 08:04 AM
I would be rather skeptic about this. I would love to see it re-published but I am more than frustrated on where the story line would end up. I think none of the old designers are in lead with the new line, so....I would hate to see Birthright deteriorate, officially. Trust me I would love to see people from this community take part in such an effort than any design team that with no concern to what the community thinks will just launch a "new" campaign world for $$$ sake.

Fizz
11-20-2014, 06:37 PM
I would be rather skeptic about this. I would love to see it re-published but I am more than frustrated on where the story line would end up. I think none of the old designers are in lead with the new line, so....I would hate to see Birthright deteriorate, officially. Trust me I would love to see people from this community take part in such an effort than any design team that with no concern to what the community thinks will just launch a "new" campaign world for $$$ sake.

I agree entirely. Except for possibly the original designers, i'd trust this community to a better job of conversion than anyone else.

If they do an official conversion, we can only hope that they'd have a desire to capture the original feel and mystique of the original setting. In which case they'd be fools not to involve this community.

-Fizz

Vicente
11-20-2014, 06:57 PM
I would have hope. While Forgotten Realms 4e was quite a mess, everyone spoke really well of Dark Sun 4e and all the material for Nenthir's Vale. I think they continue to have more than enough good writers in home to do a good update/reboot to the setting if they want.

But I doubt we will see something like a campaign setting again, probably some articles about domain management in the new column (Unearthed Arcana) that will replace Mike Mearls articles and that's it.

WesleyByrd
01-12-2015, 04:27 AM
When i acknowledge entirely. Except likely the original creative designers, i would have confidence in this particular community to help a more satisfactory job of conversion compared to anyone else.
When they complete the state run conversion, you can solely trust in which they'd employ a prefer to record the first sense in addition to mystique from the original placing. In which case they'd be fools to not include this particular community.