PDA

View Full Version : Looking to start a new oriental flavoured PBEM campaign.

arpig2
12-18-2013, 12:46 AM
I am hoping to start up a new PBEM campaign in a Japanese flavoured setting of my own devising in the new year, and am looking for people interested in playing.

Here is a brief introduction to the setting: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6lichovp5cww23s/INTRODUCTION%20TO%20ZAIDAN.docx

I will be using the excellent Ruins of Empire rules with a few modifications of my own.

As far as my qualifications, while this would be my first PBEM campaign, I have been running games since before AD&D came out (I started back when the game consisted of those 5 little booklets in a white box), in addition, I have run several pen & paper Birthright campaigns in various settings ever since the rules were first published, so it's safe to say that I have quite a lot of experience.

Anybody interested in playing, please let me know - if we can get enough interested parties, we can make a go of it.

Arentak
12-26-2013, 04:28 PM
I'd be happy to give it a try!

arpig2
12-26-2013, 05:36 PM
Great! Hopefully a few more will take the plunge.

Arentak
12-27-2013, 01:03 PM
I'd strongly urge you to consider making the game "smaller" too. Some of the most experienced game DM's can only handle 15 players or so. A large map with a lot of domains is an enormous time suck on the DM's life.

arpig2
12-27-2013, 09:21 PM
Ah well, I am both divorced and retired, so time is something I have an excess of.
And at this point, only 2 people have expressed an interest, so....

ValdemarStor
12-29-2013, 04:32 PM
Sure, I'm interested.

Tudor
01-02-2014, 10:57 PM
I would like to participate, if there is still some space for a new player.

If you accept me, it will be my first birthright game, so I may have some questions about the game play.

arpig2
01-04-2014, 07:03 PM
We are up to 5 people interested so far, if we can get another at another 3 to 5 (or more) we can make a go of it, though we will have to alter the focus of the campaign somewhat.

arpig2
01-08-2014, 08:28 AM
OK, we can make a go of it with each player taking the role of one of the Paramount Lords of the five regions.

I have created a forum for the game here: http://nrggames.proboards.com/

ValdemarStor
01-10-2014, 02:44 PM
OK, we can make a go of it with each player taking the role of one of the Paramount Lords of the five regions.

On behalf of arpig2, I'd like to note that there's still plenty of time for more to join us. More, after all, is better!

arpig2
01-10-2014, 07:28 PM
Turns out we have had a drop out and so we are once again looking for players.

arpig2
01-11-2014, 03:46 AM
While we await more players, I have started a discussion about some ideas to add more depth and flavour to the setting.
Everybody is welcome to come check it out, and even to join in.

http://nrggames.proboards.com/

Wishing
01-12-2014, 05:06 AM
I might be interested. Got to make sure it'll work with my schedule.
Two questions: Would we be working with established characters, or would we be making our own? And how does your society view women? Especially women in positions of power?