PDA

View Full Version : Atlas completion?

marcum uth mather
11-04-2005, 03:04 PM
is there a part of the atlas done? it has been a few years and work looks great, but it would be nice to even have a little bit done for use. if there isn't a current chunk for download, is there a date that might look hopefull? having a date would set a goal to work towards instead of working till its perfect. revisions are the name of the gsme for any source book. everyone who has worked on this does deserve a hand as all the material looks fantastic and pertinant to BR, so thanks from a player.

Ramlyns
11-28-2005, 06:59 AM
Having just come across the BRCS after a long Birthright hiatus, I'm very pleased! I am gearing up a new role-playing campaign and would dearly love to have the atlas to use to bring the new players up to speed.

What is the ETA on a rough draft of the document being ready to share?

Question
11-29-2005, 05:20 PM
Im fairly certain no one is working on it or you would see regular posts here,updates,requests for feedback so on and so forth.

Fearless_Leader
11-29-2005, 09:48 PM
Well work continues apace on the Atlas, it just hasn't been going terribly fast.
The plan is to release Anuire in regional segments, and the Southern Coast is actually pretty close to completion. I myself intend to put some more work into it in a couple weeks after all my term papers and such are done.
The Atlas has basically become a long term project of substantial size. I would hesitate to say when we might see the Southern Coast draft... but I want to put in enough work in a couple weeks to move it to completion.

Raesene Andu
12-08-2005, 09:03 AM
Im fairly certain no one is working on it or you would see regular posts here,updates,requests for feedback so on and so forth.

Unfortunately the guy running the Atlas project (that would be me) has been absent for the past month dealing with some real life stuff. I'll try to get things back up to speed by christmas.

Work on the Southern Coast region is fairly complete. All that needs to be done there is to finish off the Spiderfell's description (which doesn't need much), finish writing up the non-landed regent descriptions, and then applying a bit of spit and polish. All it will take is a little time and some inspiration.

However, work is somewhat hampered by only having two people who are really working on this project (Fearless Leader and myself) so please be patient, as sometimes real life issues take precedence.

Cmalik
01-19-2006, 07:09 AM
I am in the process of creating an Alamie domain book following the format I used on the Diemed book. I've uploaded a map (awaiting approval) and would be willing to do do some work for the atlas.

prince_dios
01-22-2006, 02:55 AM
How is this upcoming release going to be different from Ruins of the Empire?

ausrick
01-23-2006, 05:30 PM
My understanding is that it will contain more detail, and be more like the Players Secrets books. Contain more adventure level stuff and sites of interest. At least that was what I understood.

colinbuckler
02-09-2006, 01:44 AM
Unfortunately the guy running the Atlas project (that would be me) has been absent for the past month dealing with some real life stuff. I'll try to get things back up to speed by christmas.

Work on the Southern Coast region is fairly complete. All that needs to be done there is to finish off the Spiderfell's description (which doesn't need much), finish writing up the non-landed regent descriptions, and then applying a bit of spit and polish. All it will take is a little time and some inspiration.

However, work is somewhat hampered by only having two people who are really working on this project (Fearless Leader and myself) so please be patient, as sometimes real life issues take precedence.

Any idea when this is likely to be released - in any kind of draft form as I am just about to start running some Birthright adventures in the Southern Coast and would find this data extremley useful.

Master Spaz
03-15-2006, 04:44 AM
ok what is this atlas?
Scuse me i would just have an anwser
is there really someone working on an atlas or something?
I would just tell that if anyone is looking for mapping I have a lot of
I have a whole team of game developer here waiting to work on a reviving birthright project;
We have mappings from many sources and even of whole Aebrynys
just offering but would like to have an anwser...........

Patacon
03-15-2006, 03:07 PM
Thanks CMalik, the Diemed book is a graet work, but I dont sure if have you uploaded a version with the art? and where I can find it?.

ausrick
03-16-2006, 10:17 PM
Master Spaz,

The Atlas is kind of an idea based on the original boxed set and also includes the kind of information that would be found in the various players secrets and regent guides. Some other games refer to similar projects as "Gazatteers" as opposed to Atlases. The Atlas project will probably include maps, but that's not really its focus from my understanding. It will have all the things you want to know about the sites of interest inside each realm and province. City statistics, adventure hooks, and really a lot of flavor for each realm. Also to be included would be all the domain and holding information and probably some info about important NPC's. Some of the rough drafts and proofs of a few of the realms are for download in various places on this website. you can probably download them for a sneak peek of what's going on.

marcum uth mather
03-22-2006, 06:00 PM
Ok so how is it going now? Even a little taste would be great. my group is starting up again in may and I am DMing I have been hearing about the atlas in hints and rumors for about 2 years now( usually in seedy back rooms in warf side taverns) and I am desperate for any info on the southern coast you guys got. If anyone has ANYTHING please sent me a link. Also I remember there was a online city project for the imperial city. It had some great pics of the cairn and it had maps with each island linked that showed what was on the island. I would greatly love to get my greedy hands on that. Thanks guys and beware the shadow
Marcum

Raesene Andu
03-25-2006, 04:14 AM
Also I remember there was a online city project for the imperial city. It had some great pics of the cairn and it had maps with each island linked that showed what was on the island. I would greatly love to get my greedy hands on that. Thanks guys and beware the shadow

The online city project did have some images of the Imperial Cairn and a map of the whole city, but nothing that showed what was on each island...

There was, however, a really old map (around 97/98 I believe) that was created that showed an alternative version of the city. I have a copy, that I've just uploaded to...
http://users.chariot.net.au/~hoss/impcity.jpg

Fizz
03-25-2006, 05:58 PM
There was, however, a really old map (around 97/98 I believe) that was created that showed an alternative version of the city. I have a copy, that I've just uploaded to...
http://users.chariot.net.au/~hoss/impcity.jpg

Neat. So, it that thing in the middle meant to be something, or just a decorative graphic?

-Fizz

Raesene Andu
03-25-2006, 11:26 PM
Neat. So, it that thing in the middle meant to be something, or just a decorative graphic?

-Fizz

If you look closely you will see that is a scan of the image the accompanies the IC entry in the Atlas of Cerilia.

Drakkan
03-29-2006, 02:55 AM
Opps, posted in the wrong topic. sorry, move along, nothing to see here. ;)