PDA

View Full Version : How to add images to the wiki

Sorontar
05-26-2012, 08:23 AM
There are many maps and portraits that would be great to include in the wiki. They can be used as images within an article and can have indexed articles to themselves, complete with categories, artist recognition and other details. This is a step-by-step guide to how to add image articles to the wiki and then insert the image within other pages.

Creating an Image article on the wiki

Go to the Forums index (http://www.birthright.net/forums/showwiki.php)
In the wiki section, select Image
Click on +Post New Article
Enter the name of the image article. This must match the name of the image, including dot suffixes, e.g. Anuire.jpg
For the article, select Insert Image from the toolbar. Enter the source path for your image file and select Upload File
In the image article, write a basic description for the article, e.g. the name of the place, domain or NPC. Don't forget to link terms to other wiki articles.
If the artist or copyright holder is known, include that in the article. For WOTC images, use {ImageCopyright}.
Index the article to any appropriate categories, e.g. domain, maps, portraits
Save the new image article.

This article will be given the full-name Image:IMAGENAME.

Adding the Image to another article

Only use images that have already been added as an Image article.
Do not attach the images to the article.
At the location where you wish to include the image, write [image]IMAGENAME[/ image], where the IMAGENAME includes the dot suffix, e.g. [image]Anuire.jpg[/ image]
Use thumb or framed or right/left to format the image, e.g. [image]Anuire.jpg|framed|right|A map of Anuire[/ image]

pamelagray
08-13-2014, 09:08 AM
I am also confused. I also wanna add things to my surroundings. Seeking for the answer. Thank you..

Sorontar
08-13-2014, 11:33 AM
What surroundings are you referring to? This sticky is only about placing images on the Birthright.net wiki.

Sorontar

Witness3
11-19-2023, 05:57 PM
Quick 2023 update:

This is the link to the image section of the wiki. Go there before clicking + Post new article.

http://www.birthright.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?36-Image