PDA

View Full Version : Atlas tab - main menu

BRadmin
04-10-2012, 07:19 PM
I have added an Atlas tab to the main menu bar for quick navigation to all realms and organisation known to cerilia

while doing that i noticed that Khinasi and Vosgaard are missing quite some info on the wiki.
So if you find a dead link in it, no need to report that (or you can edit that page and fill it with info ;) )

Sorontar
04-11-2012, 02:11 AM
Nice. Can I suggest that it get shifted to being next to the wiki button. Also, when I first tried it the menus seem to be layering over the top of each other. This made things hard to read as it was not clear where one list stopped and the other continued. I am using Firefox 11.0 on Linux.

I tried to take screenshots to help you but the menu boxes are now clearer. Strange. Here is one that sort of shows what I am talking about. It was caught just as the realms submenu was being expanded. Note Vosgaard "merging" with the Southern Coast submenu and the Eastern Marches merging with the Realms submenu. I realise that the lines are slightly thicker around the submenus but it wasn't very obvious and I kept accidentally moving out of the area of focus of submenus and losing them.

Hope this helps.

Sorontar

Arjan
04-11-2012, 06:55 AM
i think your screen width is too "small" for the menu
when it doesnt have enough space to extend on the right, it will auto switch to the left.

Sorontar
04-11-2012, 03:00 PM
Are insinuating that a 15 inch CRT isn't the norm any more?
:)

Sorontar

Arjan
04-11-2012, 04:04 PM
Are insinuating that a 15 inch CRT isn't the norm any more?
:)

Sorontar

it shows fine on my 24" led one ;-)

.. but you also could have reduced the browser window size, the jpg doesnt show the whole monitor :)

Rey
04-15-2012, 12:08 PM
I've been browsing a bit around Vosgaard and noticed that atlas info for Dragon Coast says Temples twice. First one is actually Law.
The Feral Lands link to the Eastern Marches of the Anuire.

Also, the Great Steppe has an entry "Introduction to the Great Steppe" which links to the page itself. I'll delete it.

BRadmin
04-15-2012, 12:32 PM
I've been browsing a bit around Vosgaard and noticed that atlas info for Dragon Coast says Temples twice. First one is actually Law.
The Feral Lands link to the Eastern Marches of the Anuire.

fixed links

Rey
04-15-2012, 12:42 PM
Thanks!
I've been editing the Great Steppe page, adding different holdings. It took me some time, then I've pressed save and it kicked me to login page. I've logged in and lost all my edits.
Is there a way to increase the inactivity timeout?

Arjan
04-15-2012, 02:00 PM
Thanks!
I've been editing the Great Steppe page, adding different holdings. It took me some time, then I've pressed save and it kicked me to login page. I've logged in and lost all my edits.
Is there a way to increase the inactivity timeout?

mmm there shouldnt be any inactivity counter whatsoever .. are you using as url birthright.net or www.birthright.net (you should use the www. one) did you check the "stay logged in"?

Arjan
04-15-2012, 02:03 PM
mmm there shouldnt be any inactivity counter whatsoever .. are you using as url birthright.net or www.birthright.net (you should use the www. one) did you check the "stay logged in"?

but i have learned my lessons over the years as well... what i do is before every save (in case some inactivity counter DOES exists) select all, copy to clipboard... just to make sure i got it 'somewhere'

Rey
04-15-2012, 02:19 PM
Yeah, copying before posting sounds secure. But I wish I didn't have to do it. :)

Which 'Stay logged in' button? And yes, I'm always using www.

Arjan
04-15-2012, 03:19 PM
Yeah, copying before posting sounds secure. But I wish I didn't have to do it. :)

Which 'Stay logged in' button? And yes, I'm always using www.

there is a "Remember Me?" checkbox beneath the login boxes on the forum.

Actually the posts on vbulletin are auto saved every 60 secs when typing/editing
i have asked the wiki builders why this isnt working for the wiki posts.
Then you wont have to worry about it any more

Rey
04-16-2012, 06:21 AM
Ah, Remember me? button. I've seen that one, didn't quite use it. :)

The Atlas links have to be updated manually when the new law, temple, guild, source or land is created?

Arjan
04-16-2012, 06:06 PM
Ah, Remember me? button. I've seen that one, didn't quite use it. :)

The Atlas links have to be updated manually when the new law, temple, guild, source or land is created?

yup, the whole menu is manual labor, took me 3 days to sort it out hehe. even had to pull out the old books (khinasi is a real big mess)
just post here what you have changed and i will incorporate it in the menu.

as for the autosave function while editing.. it should work the same as when posting a normal post on the forum (ie every 60 secs)
I dont know why it doesnt, but ill sort that out

Arjan
04-16-2012, 06:55 PM
I have just tested the autosave on the forum AND the WIKI... and they both work as intended.
What i did is edit a page (wait 60 secs.. till i got the yellow flashing "auto save" in the right bottom of the edit window)
then closed my browser!
Went back to the post and pressed reply (or edit tab on wiki)

and in the bottom left corner there was a msg "Restore Auto-Saved Content" (see attachment picture)
when i pressed it, all lost content was restored

Auto-Save in vBulletin 4.1.4

Besides the shiny buttons and smoother overall functionality, the biggest new feature added in the initial release of the updated editor in vBulletin 4.1.4 is the ability to “Auto-Save” content. What does this mean, exactly? Content auto-save is like an emergency parachute – it automatically saves your content so that it can be restored in the event that things go very wrong.

Imagine this scenario. You’ve sat down to write a blog entry or a really long reply to a thread. Like a mad composer, you are banging away on the keyboard typing away furiously; your words and ideas are flowing freely into the editor. In an unfortunate twist of cruel fate your foot kicks the power outlet and unplugs your computer. Your computer shuts down as you begin to panic – the panic slowly transforming into agonizing rage. Well, there is good news! The new CKEditor automatically backs up your work every 30 seconds (this is adjustable). You curse the skies, successfully reboot your computer and navigate back to the page where you were writing the content, click the “Restore Auto-Save” button and magically – your masterpiece is now restored. Nothing has been lost!

This magic auto-save functionality applies to the editor in general and is available in all vBulletin sections, including CMS, Forums and Blogs.

Rey
04-23-2012, 06:21 PM
I think I will need to make some changes with Vosgaard, some things have come up recently. Those will be subject to a discussion, more or less. Problem is, I can't follow up on an old topic, it seems redundant to open a new one.

BRadmin
04-23-2012, 07:16 PM
I think I will need to make some changes with Vosgaard, some things have come up recently. Those will be subject to a discussion, more or less. Problem is, I can't follow up on an old topic, it seems redundant to open a new one.

what do you mean you cant follow up on an old topic?

Rey
04-24-2012, 06:28 AM
Well, it didn't let me reply to an old topic. I don't remember the message.
It was in BR discussions section. How and why that happened, I really don't know, but I had some questions and ideas and it just didn't work. Maybe it was a bug? *shrugs*

Anyway, think it works now, I'll give it a try later.

Arjan
04-24-2012, 07:12 AM
Ah yes, we used to have an addon called: prevent bump old threads

i recently removed the addon since sorontar was complaining about that as well when trying to discuss a wiki article ;)

so you can bump all you want again!

Rey
04-24-2012, 08:57 AM
Aww yeah! Thank you!