PDA

View Full Version : question about anuirean titles and holding levels

Cap'n Nick
07-14-2005, 12:02 PM
i had posted this on the wizards birthright board but got no answer. i remember finding an article or post, i think on birthright.net before it died. something like a year ago maybe? it had a list of anuirean titles (emperor, prince, archduke, duke, etc etc) and then gave a number of provinces held by each ruler. for instance a baron would have 5-7 provinces or something like that. the thing is, i had this info on my computer, but then my computer kinda died and i lost a number of files, including the notes i had for birthright. i can't very well rifle through old birthright.net archives and posts right now since there's only the boards, but maybe someone else knows what i'm talking about and has it saved somewhere and could share? if not, does anyone know when birthright.net will be up and running again with all the articles and downloads working once more? thanks all

nic

irdeggman
07-14-2005, 03:32 PM
There is total inconsistency whenit comes to titles in BR - at least the 2nd ed material. Most think it has to do with posturing for position and importance.

Ch 8 of the BRCS give a small table for guidelines but nothing that makes a connectoin to number of provinces/holdings per title.

To note there is only 1 emperor (that is an Anuirean title presently vacant, the last one was Michael Roele).

Cap'n Nick
07-14-2005, 06:47 PM
i know there's inconsistency and no set rules and officially only rough guidelines. but i also remember finding an article made by someone in the birthright community with the information i want. the information was relevant before the fall of the empire and that's why i want it. i ask for it because there's a slim chance someone knows what i'm talking about and either has the information on their computer like i used to, or knows where to find it. thanks though!

Ignus
07-14-2005, 07:20 PM
I don't know if this is the file you're talking about, but it does mention a relationship between ranks and provinces at the end:

http://www.dorchla.com/dave/DnD/info/ranks.rtf

Cap'n Nick
07-15-2005, 03:39 AM
that wasn't what it was, but it does help. thanks for it. when oh when will the birthright.net archives be back up and running? i scoured the mailing list and found nothing, same with all sites listed on the birthright links page. all that remains is the big tamale itself! rrawrgh!

Green Knight
07-26-2005, 07:17 AM
You are probably referring to the list provided in the Player's Secrets of Roesone. Check it out.

B

tcharazazel
07-26-2005, 09:51 AM
Osprey and I had set up a system that was clearly defined as I had ambitions of taking over Aduria and in order to do so I would need to have a set hierarchy.

I have it on my website (which hasn't been updated in a while):

http://home.earthlink.net/~blaede/id6.html

However, there really is no set rules for the titles as they have changed over the decades since the end of the empire, and follow no set pattern.

Cap'n Nick
07-31-2005, 06:55 AM
tchar, that was EXACTLY what I was looking for! Thanks so much! i had it saved as a text file, but lost it somewhere along the way. Glad you found my post and added. Thanks again!