PDA

View Full Version : Tags in the new system

Sorontar
11-11-2011, 04:42 AM
Does anyone have any idea how the tags block on the index page is working? Last night I fixed a lot of wiki pages by moving the /redirect code around, and now redirect is the most popular tag. Is the block based on recent activity or are pages only indexed for tags when they are editted?

Sorontar

BRadmin
11-11-2011, 08:49 AM
the tag system hasnt changed, atleast.. not that i know off.
There is however a a cron job running each night to add tags etc, but its always been like that.
Ill have to look into it more deeper to see what it exactly does.

You can still manage the tags in the admin panel

Sorontar
11-13-2011, 02:32 AM
Hmmm. The top tag list seems to have "feat" and "feats", even though they are lists in the system as synonyms. Strange.

Arjan
11-13-2011, 10:18 AM
indeed, no clue.. i have changed nothing to the tag system.
i will look into it later after i finish some higher priorities :)

currently working on:
NPC, monster and creature statblocks.
Already finished coding the statblock forum namespace, now working on the display templates, 3e and 4e.
Both will have similar style but the complication lies in the different rule set
Funny thing is that the NPC template was never ever used on BRWiki... so it "easy" to make little adjustments

Also need to take a look again at the complex domain table template, it seems to make the pages where it is on extremely slow (due all calculations) now the template is variable up to 8 columns and 20 rows, but we only use 5 (landed) and 4 (holding) columns.. so i actually might make them fixed to speed things up.

once that is finished i will look into landing pages of the different areas, ie atlas, history, brcs, 4e, srd etc and on how to easily browse/find them. Already made a spiffy new frontpage that will definitely be an eye catcher again and want to make people go further into the site :)

so this will keep me busy for a while :)

Arjan
11-13-2011, 10:24 AM
oh and another thing i have been looking into is: what can we do with the boilerplate sections (the blank templates for people to copy when they start a new page)

I could write a CK-editor plugin, that you would get a dropdown box that inserts the template code into the editor field. Like all buttons work. Now they place BB code, but could be written like that it would insert whole templates.
I havent written anything for CKedior, so i will have to learn that. Also think of a way to maintain those templates, where to maintain them, ie on the wiki (but how will i extract them) or through the ADMIN panel, but then i have to write a plugin for that..

but first things first :)