PDA

View Full Version : Howdoes one become more then a junior member

Mortis
11-16-2001, 08:59 AM
How does one become more then a junior member.

Arjan
11-16-2001, 09:08 AM
It Has to do with the Number of msgs posted by a member, the more you post the higher your status ;)

Othmaar
11-16-2001, 10:35 PM
Still a Junior? :(

Lord Eldred
11-17-2001, 12:22 AM
That is the exact reason why I was upset when my posts number was set back to zero when my login problem was fixed :(

Chioran
11-22-2001, 01:59 PM
Poor High Councilor, Lord Eldred.

Allow me to play a violin for you and fetch you a box of tissues ;)

Arjan
11-22-2001, 05:21 PM
hehe it seemss that we have our first "member" !!! LORD ELDRED :P :) ;)

oh and btw my lord Eldred, i have resetted you number of posts, it includes now the post you made before your account reset ;)

morgramen
11-22-2001, 06:54 PM
Hail the Lord Eldred!

Grand Pooh Bah of those little gold stars!

Lord Eldred
11-22-2001, 11:52 PM
It is an honor to be the first member :)

Thanks Arjan for adding those posts numbers.

Chioran you are just jealous. ;) :P

Chioran
11-23-2001, 01:05 AM
Why should I be jealous of you. Just because you have more little stars than I do? HA! I laugh at your little stars. HA. How could you possibly think that I could be jealous of that. Ha. There are things far more important in this world than little stars. ha. Like... like.. Well, things. ha <sniff> So... so there. <sniff>

Lord Eldred
11-23-2001, 01:23 AM
Lord Chioran,

You half-elves are sooo emotional :)

Abbess Allessandra
11-23-2001, 02:53 AM
I am with you on that one Lord Eldred, sometimes I think they act like
us women folk.

Chioran
11-24-2001, 03:22 PM
Women folk? That's a bit uncalled for. Just because I get a little worked up about a thing or two is no reason to begin insulting me Abbyss.

Lord Shaene
11-24-2001, 04:02 PM
Now Abbess, he cant help having mixed emotions all the time, he is a HALF-ELF afterall

Chioran
11-24-2001, 07:32 PM
Orginally posted by Lord Shaene

Now Abbess, he cant help having mixed emotions all the time, he is a HALF-ELF afterall

Oooh you racist pig. Now the truth comes out. I always suspected you were that way, even while I was your apprentice. And you Abbess, you will let him get by with comments like this?

Lord Shaene
11-24-2001, 10:20 PM
I'm not Racist, A pig maybe but never Racist.
I'm so Offended!

Abbess Allessandra
11-26-2001, 12:52 AM
If I had not read it myself I would swear that was about me, but since it isn't here goes.
Chioran don't be such a baby! You insult the other members whenever you feel like it. It has been my experience with the half elves that they do seem to be a bit more emotional. Maybe it is an incompatibility with the bloodlines.

Lawgiver
12-04-2001, 03:19 AM
Forgive me for intruding. I couldn't help but overhearing... But, my experience is that half-elves are far more deadly and skilled with a blade then tongue wagging humans who do little more than prattle on nonsensically.

Half-elves on the other hand are quick to take offense at virtually any reference their heritage.

Perhaps we all just over reacted. Come let me buy you an ale and you can forget the whole matter, shall we...

Lord Shaene
12-04-2001, 04:56 PM
Did someone mention ALE!, and free Ale at that!
Where did you say the Tavern was Lawgiver?

Lord Eldred
12-05-2001, 01:13 AM
you are going to buy my good friend Lord Shaene some Ale, I would be happy to accompany you. I could go for some good Ale and maybe some music right now.

Lawgiver
12-07-2001, 11:15 PM
Barkeep... ales for my friends here. (slapping 5 platinum on the counter).. and make sure they are taken care of for a while. Thanks.

Minstrel strike up a tune! (flicking a platinum in his direction.)

Lord Eldred
12-08-2001, 02:17 AM
Lawgiver. He takes the ale from the Barkeep. Turns to Lawgiver nods and then turns to the rest of the room lifts his ale in the air and says three cheers for Lawgiver. Hazzah, Hazzah, Hazzah!

And then he pounds the ale down. Slams the tankard on the bar and says "Barkeep, I'll have another!"

Lord Shaene
12-14-2001, 01:04 PM
Huzzah! (gulps down his ale!) Bartender! Another Ale for me and get the Half-Elf a glass of wine and a bowl of nuts and berrys

Xander
12-17-2001, 01:02 AM
There shall not be a dry mug or tankard in the bar Xander is here. If the bar is open the drinks are Xander, not poured mind ye. There shall be drinking, dancing, singing, and merriment all the night.
:)

Lawgiver
12-19-2001, 07:50 PM
Me thinks Xander had a little 'merriment' before he came in here...

Lawgiver
12-19-2001, 07:50 PM
Me thinks Xander had a little 'merriment' before he came in here...

Lord Eldred
12-27-2001, 11:27 PM
Me thinks we should all take Xander up on his offer until there is not even a copper piece left in his pocket!

faehew
12-29-2001, 05:02 PM
so to become a higher ...

faehew
12-29-2001, 05:03 PM
member , you just need to ...

faehew
12-29-2001, 05:04 PM
post more often. lol

Lawgiver
12-30-2001, 03:09 AM
That

Lawgiver
12-30-2001, 03:10 AM
is

Lord Eldred
12-31-2001, 01:46 AM
Correct. However, your friendly neighborhood moderator would probably come along and delete wasteful posts like these and thus decrease the number of posts you have (sorry Lawgiver ;) )

Lawgiver
12-31-2001, 04:39 AM
No prob. I don't need the posts. I'm already way ahead. I was just returning the favor to faehew

Princess Emerald Greybear
01-01-2002, 07:10 PM
I clearly heard someone mention ale!

Lord Eldred
01-01-2002, 08:19 PM
Orders ale for the lady dwarf and continues on with his conversation with Lawgiver...

Lawgiver
01-01-2002, 08:40 PM
Join us fair miss. Its not often we get women of your uh... stature here.

01-04-2002, 10:02 PM
I thank thee kind sir. Pray tell, how does one SEE the message one posts? The coversation seems a little one sided since I cannot see what I have said.

Lawgiver
01-05-2002, 12:03 AM
I noticed your post didn't show in the standard display, but if when you go to post a response and scroll down it shows in the section that displays past posts. It may be a problem with your account. I have sent a message to arjan about it.

Arjan
01-05-2002, 12:44 AM
i found the problem;
the name Princess Emerald Greybeard is 1 character too long for the pre defined field in the Database, i extended it to 26 characters instead of the 25, and added a 'd' behind the two posts...as you now can see them again

Arjan

Lord Eldred
01-06-2002, 03:13 PM
Thanks, Arjan. Join us for some Ale?

Hey little one perhaps you should shorten your name to like...say...dwarf

Abbess Allessandra
01-06-2002, 05:20 PM
A most honorable welcome for Princess Greybeard. How are you sister?

Lord Eldred
01-06-2002, 05:24 PM
Abbess, pull up a stool and join us. Can I buy you a drink?

Abbess Allessandra
01-06-2002, 05:29 PM
Thank you Lord Eldred, of course a honey mead would be wonderful.
How has everyone's travels been?

Lord Eldred
01-06-2002, 05:34 PM
Bartender a honey mead for the lady!

Well, with this snow it has been difficult to travel at all. I am surprised you made it out of the temple!

Abbess Allessandra
01-06-2002, 05:38 PM
It is amazing what you can do with a husband who is very resourceful. He had a carriage made without wheels. It has two long wooden strips under it. I must say the contraption is very quick in the snow, very exhilarating. Once you have come out of the snow you can put the wheels on, they are carried on the back. He is always up to something.

Lord Eldred
01-06-2002, 05:54 PM
Did you get a new husband? We can't be talking about Lord Shaene! :)

Abbess Allessandra
01-06-2002, 05:58 PM
I didn't say he made it, he had it made.

Lawgiver
01-06-2002, 08:05 PM
Welcome Abbess, let me take your cloak.

Now Eldred surely you aren't jealous, are you...

Arjan
01-06-2002, 09:35 PM
be carefull with the cloak, it's a cloak of invisibility, i found the activation word :P

now have some stew and a fresh cold beer

Abbess Allessandra
01-07-2002, 03:27 PM
My apologies Lawgiver I never knew it was. Arjan are you sure you just didn't put a spell on my cloak. And thank you Lawgiver. Well what is the topic of discussion?

Lord Eldred
01-08-2002, 01:48 AM
First may I congratulate you, Abbess, on making scion! For that you deserve the best honey mead.

And Lawgiver, jealousy is a sin that care not take part in. I am just teasing the Abbess about my good friend Lord Shaene, whom I am not surprised had to have the contraption made rather than make it himself!

Arjan, handing out cloaks of invisibility in this magic rare world, shame on you! :P

Lawgiver
01-08-2002, 02:32 AM
Orginally posted by Abbess Allessandra
My apologies Lawgiver I never knew it was. Arjan are you sure you just didn't put a spell on my cloak. And thank you Lawgiver. Well what is the topic of discussion?

Not to worry about the cloak. I hung it on the third peg from the right. [glancing that direction the cloak is suddenly missing] er... Arjan quit fooling around!

Anyway we were just about to discuss the finer points of jousting, but perhaps we should focus on help my good friend Eldred with the jealousy he seems to have developed of your husband, Lord Shaene.

Lord Shaene
01-08-2002, 02:53 AM
Lord Shaene while wearing his new cloak of invisibilty lurks in the corner eavesdropping on the conversation of Lord Eldred and Lawgiver

Abbess Allessandra
01-08-2002, 02:55 AM
Actually Lord Eldred and my husband are quite good friends and I don't think it is jealousy just respect. Just as I respect him. I would hate to think the the high councilperson as a jealous man. Eldred tell them they are being silly.

Lord Eldred
01-08-2002, 02:59 AM
::Suspecting that Lord Shaene has snuck into the room to eavesdrop on my conversation:: Well, I don't know Abbess. Now that Lawgiver has thrown it in my face...maybe I really am jealous of Lord Shaene with all his money and woman...I mean servants.

Lawgiver
01-08-2002, 03:01 AM
Listen I'm not the one who blushed when the Abbess walked in here.

Abbess Allessandra
01-08-2002, 03:18 AM
Lawgiver he would do no such thing. Wait there was that time when I went to tell him of the personal journey I was making for Haelyn and he kissed me on my forehead, but that was before I was married and more like a brother to sister thing. It was wasn't it Eldred( here comes that self doubt again)

Lord Eldred
01-08-2002, 03:18 AM
I saw the way you looked at her. I can't believe that you would give a woman of the clothe the same kind of once over you give a cheap lady of the night!

Abbess Allessandra
01-08-2002, 03:21 AM
Gentlemen please this is silly and ridiculous. I think the ale is talking and you both will have to be at mass tomorrow. She picks up her honey mead and gulps it down hoping it will calm her nerves. She says softly as she puts the mug down, " I wish Shaene were here, he would set them straight"

Lawgiver
01-08-2002, 03:25 AM
Becareful how you wag your tongue sir. I'd hate to deprive the Halls of the Council of your oratory.

Abbess forgive me. I shouldn't say such things in front of a lady. Let me assure you I hold your honor in the highest regard. I simply have no idea what Lord Eldred is referring too.

Master Eldred come now forgive me for misjudging your feelings for the Abbess. We are here to enjoy the fellowship not bicker like school boys. Let me buy you something to eat... perhaps another drink?

Abbess Allessandra
01-08-2002, 11:57 AM
I accept your apologies Lawgiver and thank you for your respect. Yes let's hear tales of our adventures that sounds like good meal conversation.

01-08-2002, 01:36 PM
My travels must have been more exhausting than I thought. I appear to dozed off. I feel much better now. I thank thee Arjan!

Eisel Miloh
01-08-2002, 02:07 PM
but whilst you good folk are just casually conversing, may I beg for your help?
This morning a young thief, devotee of Nesirie has cast a spell of "color spray", and I find myself away from my parchments and writings.
Could someone tell me what that spell is for the poor fellow is at a crucial point and needs my help.

MichaelRoele
01-08-2002, 10:06 PM
MC Mikey Mike is back in the Roele house!

did i hear some one say a cloak of invisibillity?

care to trade for my almost total worn boots?

Abbess Allessandra
01-09-2002, 01:54 AM
Orginally posted by Eisel Miloh

but whilst you good folk are just casually conversing, may I beg for your help?
This morning a young thief, devotee of Nesirie has cast a spell of "color spray", and I find myself away from my parchments and writings.
Could someone tell me what that spell is for the poor fellow is at a crucial point and needs my help.

My good man I fear you are in need of someone educated in the art of wizardry. I am not educated on the color spray spell that you speak of. ( She looks around the tavern to see if anyone looks like they could help him)

Lawgiver
01-09-2002, 03:43 AM
(She looks around the tavern to see if anyone looks like they could help him)

Perhaps I may be of assistance fair lady. I have encountered many a mage in my travels. This spell in question creates a strange fan shaped spray of color's from the wizard's hands. This strange array of colors is both blinding and hypnotising. It is primarily used by wizards to throw their opponents off guard or semi-paralysie them.

[1d6 creatures in the area of effect (5x20x20 wedge) are effected. All creatures above the spellcaster's level or over 6th level/6HD are entitled to a saving throw vs. spell. Blind or unseeing creatures are immune to the spell.
Creatures not allowed a saving throw or those who fail are struck unconscious for 2d4 rds; those with hit dice or levels greater than 1 or 2 than the wizard are blind for 1d4 rds. Those greater than 3 levels/HD are stunned for 1 rd.
Material components: 3 pinches of powder or sand colored red, yellow, and blue.]

Dosiere
01-09-2002, 05:11 AM
A lone figure sits near the door of the taproom. Having been quiet through the evening, noticing those come and go, he has not partaken of the free drinks, but a serving wench has been bringing him a steady flow of wine throughout the eviening. Those that have been watching have noticed that he has not paid a single copper, but the drinks continue to come...as well as a plate of roast mutton.

Upon completing his meal, the figure leans back in his chair, obviously satisfied with the fine meal and even finer drink. He lifts back the hood of his heavy cloak, revealing none other than the Chamberlain himself! He removes a pouch and a pipe from his pockets, tapping a generous portion of the leaves into the bowl of the pipe, then rises, lighting the pipe by the smoking coals from a nearby brazier. He then joins the group gathered at the bar.

"It is truly nice to see all of you here, old friends," he glances to Michael, "and some new", he adds looking about the others gathered about the chamber. It is not often that my duties permit me an evening of such fest. But, I trust, none shall feel uncomfortable in my presence...even the one in the corner cloaked in the shadows of his magical cloak?" He puffs on his slender pipe, evidently of Aerenwean make.

Lawgiver
01-09-2002, 05:41 AM
Orginally posted by Dosiere
But, I trust, none shall feel uncomfortable in my presence...even the one in the corner cloaked in the shadows of his magical cloak?"

Your grace. [standing as he approaches the bar] We are honored to have you join us. While your title may idicate more, tonight you shall simply be one of the guys (and gals...)!

Eisel Miloh
01-09-2002, 04:56 PM
your assistance rendered aid to one I consider most worthy.

But, er, Abbess, I know the light in this place tis dim, but um, I am a woman. I am unable to use my portrait as it is too large, and thus far I have been unable to decipher the ways of reducing pixels without a program.

Abbess Allessandra
01-10-2002, 01:38 AM
It is an honor Chamberlain please sit and relax and talk of good times with us. Oh my goodness Eisel my apologies do take for you are correct that my eyesight is rather poor with this lack of light. Please join us and talk of our journeys.
She looks back at the corner that the Chamberlain addressed and gives it a glance.

Chamberlain you did say that someone was in the corner under my cloak didn't you? Allessandra looks over her shoulder and says," Would you like to join us for an ale dear?"

Eisel Miloh
01-10-2002, 01:58 PM
m'lady. Tis a mistake that's been made before. Tis quite an assorted group you have here - tell me, where are you all from? I myself hail from the city of Braeme in Medoere. Just a tavern owner, I have no exalted titles as do most I have met here."

01-10-2002, 02:54 PM
(loud enough for Lord Eldred to hear quite clearly) I am Princess Emerald Greybeard of Baruk Azhik, although Lord Eldred over there seems to think it appropriate that I simply call myself dwarf. I, like the Abbess, am also of the robes. I do believe the topic of this evening is ale, speaking of which, My tankard seems to feel a little light. I shall have to remedy that...

Lawgiver
01-11-2002, 12:06 AM
My name is Collin Brooke, though my friends and compatriots refer to me as Lawgiver due to my innate ability swiftly dispense order and justice. I hail from the cold windswept land of Talinie. I earn my living doing good and competing in tourneys at the sword and joust.

Abbess Allessandra
01-11-2002, 03:11 AM
and I am Abbess Allessandra, of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn, Regent and councilor of the United Provinces of Haelyn. Her highness Emerald is also a councilmember as is Lord Eldred. My husband Lord Shaene Conlynn is about. Lord Eldred why don't you introduce yourself if it please you.

blitzmacher
01-11-2002, 03:18 AM
A tall, lean framed man enters the tavern escaping the cold dark night outside. He stands in the doorway and scans the room over, and then strides over to the bar where there seems to be a small gathering. "Good evening," he says to the small group in a heavy Brechtish accent. I have been on the road for a very long time and have not spoken to a single soul in days, I was wondering if I could join in with the rest of you and share in a drink, and perhaps a tale or two or eight or ten. By the way, they call me Blitzmacher.

Eisel Miloh
01-11-2002, 01:46 PM
A most distinguished gathering for a minor priestess of Ruornil, I must say! Please, do tell your stories - I shall be able to dine out for weeks on the strength of them alone.

Lord Shaene
01-11-2002, 07:14 PM
After removing the cloak and storing it within one of his bags,

Hello All, I am Lord Shaene Conlynn, High Guilder and Counciler of the United Provinces of Haelyn, Husband and Friend to the Lovely Abbess Allessandra, My Guilds deal mainly in supply's and provisions to help the good people of our country I enjoy spending my spare time doing charity work at the homeless shelter, often donating time and money to those less fortunate. It is good to meet you all!

(glances toward the abbess) Dear! I was a bit cold and borrowed your cloak, where did you come to acquire a cloak of invisibilty?, you know you shouldnt be hanging this type of item just anywhere, your to trustworthy of everyone, you should be more careful or your going to find this cloak missing one day, but don't worry i put it away safely till we head back home.

(Sits down next to the Abbess) Bartender an ale for me and please service anyone else that needs to quench their thirst or satisfy their pallette and put it on my tab.

MichaelRoele
01-11-2002, 07:21 PM
pssssst Lord Shaene, i kinda noticed you are a little COLD.....

GIVE THE DARN CLOAK BACK OR I'LL SEND YOU TO THE COLD RIDER!! THEN YOUR ARE COLD

i am sorry abbess, it seems i am a little 'over protective' if it comes to your cloak

Lord Shaene
01-11-2002, 08:24 PM
Excuse me, Sir ! but I am sure my wife doesn't mind that I hold her cloak for her, as a matter of fact i'm sure she feels comforted in the fact that i am in possession of it. I expect an apology if you wish to stay and enjoy the great company that has gathered here.

Arjan
01-11-2002, 10:33 PM

MichaelRoele
01-11-2002, 10:36 PM
Hmmm how glad i want to appologize, i think i was the one that noticed how special the cloak is...

by the way... were you threathening me?

blitzmacher
01-12-2002, 03:00 AM
I shall make an attempt to break the tension in the air and tell you of my tale and what brings me here.
I was once a knight in the service of Baron Ludwig von Schaeffen of Berhagen, until...takes a big gulp of mead and continues... I, and a retinue of other knights in my command, were on patrol in the province of Ulfsted when we were ambushed by a vos raiding party. It was a viscous attack led by the biggest human, no not human, more like part bear and human. The ambush was well planned and we were losing ground and men fast, so I did the only thing I could do and charged at the behemoth. In one swipe with its mighty arm it nearly ripped my head from my body and knocked me to the ground. It then dove at me and at the last second with my mind still realling from its might blow a was able to bring my sword up as to set it for a charge, and impaled the beast upon it. The last thing I remember I was seeing lightning striking all around and through me. When I awoke back at the camp I found that I felt different, I became angry easily and found myself going through fits of uncontrollable rage and almost killed one of my closest friends. That is when I decided to leave Berhagen, to find some way to remove this course that tears at my soul, and marks my body... moves his long brown hair back from the right side of his face to reveal a white lightning bolt running across his cheek.

Lawgiver
01-12-2002, 03:25 AM
[Sets his glass of water on the bar. Raising an eyebrow and turning his head slightly to gaze at the strange marking. Mumbles a prayer.] How long ago was this ambush? Have you seen a high preist since? Have you killed anyone in combat since your struggle with this behemoth of a man?
[turns aside whispering to the Abbess] Have you or one of the high preists ever dealt with a similar situation?

brownie
01-12-2002, 03:58 AM
You people talk about fallowing different organizations all throughout Cerilia but the one and only true group to fallow was the Black Hand. Me most of the time being a Halfling and Elf Guilder it is fun to have some back up or also creating my own guilds and elite soldiers.

But also dont forget the Vos. Thoe creatures are so fun and brutal and also you have to have them fallow Crecia and Belinic.

I am looking for someone that is running an on line game or if the are interested in starting one.

blitzmacher
01-12-2002, 04:28 AM
[Takes another large gulp of mead] It was late last spring after the mountain passes were clear of snow when I faced that abomination. On my travels through Cerilia I have faced my share of foes, mostly highwaymen, but I haven't experienced anything like what happened against that thing. Have I seen a high priest, what a fool I must be, no I have not. Do you know of one that might be able to shed some light on my present condition?

Abbess Allessandra
01-12-2002, 03:42 PM
Orginally posted by Michael Roele

Hmmm how glad i want to appologize, i think i was the one that noticed how special the cloak is...

by the way... were you threathening me?

Allessandra pipes in," Thank you for finding that out for me. I had no idea. It was given to me by my Bishop, of course he is always playing practical jokes on me." she puts her hand on Shaenes and just looks at him and says softly," Please keep this peaceful, we are all here just sharing travelling stories. They do not know who you are just as they did not know me in Medoere the first time."

Abbess Allessandra
01-12-2002, 04:36 PM
[quote]Orginally posted by blitzmacher

[Takes another large gulp of mead] It was late last spring after the mountain passes were clear of snow when I faced that abomination. On my travels through Cerilia I have faced my share of foes, mostly highwaymen, but I haven't experienced anything like what happened against that thing. Have I seen a high priest, what a fool I must be, no I have not. Do you know of one that might be able to shed some light on my present condition? [/quot

I might be able to help you if I knew more about the priest that cast it. The lightening itself I have seen but the anger control is another issue. It could also be a curse that was bestowed upon you after you were knocked out. Do you know of anything else you could tell me?

blitzmacher
01-12-2002, 05:50 PM
There was no priest present, and my men said that the lightning came from the creature I slew, after I had killed it. That is what scares me the most, that I might be eternally damned with the curse of Azrai.[Finishes off his tankard and orders another.]

brownie
01-12-2002, 06:57 PM
Depending on what god you fallow Blitz you can always pray to the goddess of the night. She is always in the mood to help for a favor. We always say that when we owe her a little deed she gives us a Black Dagger. It all depends on your alignment and who you fallow.

Lord Shaene
01-12-2002, 07:41 PM
(while keeping an eye on Micheal Roele)

I'm sorry Blitzmaker, I have never heard of such a situation occuring before, I would continue discussing the issue with my wife the Abbess as I see that as the best course to follow, I could perhaps assist you in any research you need to be done, as i have many friends and resources which may be helpful in that field.

As for you Micheal Roele, I ask for an apology, if you refuse to do so, I respectfully ask that you leave the table and leave us good people to continue in our conversations.

Lord Eldred
01-13-2002, 01:47 PM
Orginally posted by brownie

You people talk about fallowing different organizations all throughout Cerilia but the one and only true group to fallow was the Black Hand. Me most of the time being a Halfling and Elf Guilder it is fun to have some back up or also creating my own guilds and elite soldiers.

Did I miss something Brownie or are you part halfling and part elf? Are you schizo? And I would mind your tongue when you speak of the Black Hand lest you wish to have it removed from your mouth. How dare you sit here and insult the organizations that we belong to!

::Stands draws his long sword with his right hand and his short sword with his left::

brownie
01-14-2002, 12:42 AM
I play them both. When i am an Elf i am part of Black Hand. But when i do play the little Halflings i make my own and start the halfling outriders.

01-14-2002, 01:00 AM
::jumping up and grasping Lord Eldreds arm:: LORD ELDRED! Sheath your weapons and calm down!! ::looking at Brownie:: I believe it is time for you to depart from the table as well if you are unable or unwilling to control your tongue. I may not be able to prevent my friend here from controlling it for you, so I believe it wise to t5ake your ale and drink it somewhere else!

Xerath
01-14-2002, 01:43 AM
Word has traveled far that someone was giving out free ale, am I too late?

Lord Eldred
01-14-2002, 01:56 AM
::Sheaths his long sword. Places his short sword on the table at easy reach. Gestures toward Brownie:: You can have Brownie's chair if he can't hold his tongue. Otherwise pull up a stool and ::yells:: bartender an ale for the wizard!

Lord Shaene
01-14-2002, 12:22 PM
Perhaps I could lighten things up a bit, Anyone interested in a game of chance? Dice or Cards anyone? what harm could an innocent game of chance be between friends, so where should we start the ante at, 1gp perhaps?

< Shaene glances his eye around the table for any takers >

Lawgiver
01-14-2002, 01:10 PM
I'm in for a bit, but no funny business!

Eisel Miloh
01-14-2002, 03:34 PM
That would be enjoyable. I've not been able to indulge since I left home. Er - this is an honorable game amongst honorable persons, is it not?

Abbess Allessandra
01-14-2002, 09:12 PM
Allessandra looks up and says, "while you are playing that...game, I will think about the situation our new friend is in and see if I can help him." She starts to get up," oh and Shaene, play fair. I know you are very good at this game but let them win too!"

blitzmacher
01-14-2002, 11:35 PM
To answer brownies' previous question to me, I have never devoted myself to a god, maybe that is why I am in the position that I am. Although I haven't devoted myself to a god, if I did it would be to one who honors truth and justice above all else. As for that game of chance, I could go for a game of hawk's gambit.

brownie
01-15-2002, 12:32 AM
WE can play some cards. No funny business i am watching closely. On the other hand i will just sit back and watch for now. Lets see maybe you should be alittle faithful and they can help you. Dont call on them to often it might be alittle painful.

Lord Eldred
01-16-2002, 02:24 AM
Orginally posted by Lord Shaene

Perhaps I could lighten things up a bit, Anyone interested in a game of chance? Dice or Cards anyone? what harm could an innocent game of chance be between friends, so where should we start the ante at, 1gp perhaps?

< Shaene glances his eye around the table for any takers >

::Winks at Shaene:: I will play but how about 1 platinum piece to make the game interesting or is that too rich for your blood Brownie?

Abbess Allessandra
01-16-2002, 02:45 AM
Hey how about a donation to the church from the winnings of the game?

Lord Eldred
01-16-2002, 02:48 AM
Hey how about you put some of the churches money in the pot and see if you increase its fortunes!

brownie
01-16-2002, 02:52 AM
Hmmm a donation to the church. Hmm what god does the church warship. Dont say the wrong one. Oh you want to play with just 1 PP. lets have some fun and mae it 5.

Abbess Allessandra
01-16-2002, 02:59 AM
" Brownie are you deaf? are you blind? I wear the colors of my church and the symbol upon my hand. I am sworn to uphold Haelyn's beliefs until my death do you have a problem with that?"

Lord Eldred
01-16-2002, 03:16 AM
Just cut his ears off and then he will have an excuse Abbess!

brownie
01-16-2002, 01:00 PM
So you warship that little god. Ok if you wish. I would suggest fallowing either Brenna or Ehloli. Oh is that 5 PP to rich for your blood. Oh and wait maybe i should let you win some for an offering. Well maybe not. I am little greedy with money and power.

01-16-2002, 01:26 PM
::Gets up moves to sit next to Brownie smiling:: Hi! I figured I'd come over and stomp on your foot every time you say something ignorant like you just did. Ever have a Dwarf stomp on your foot? I hear it's quite painful. Now, how about an apology to the Abbess for insulting her god as well as mine? Or shall I commence flatening your foot?

Eisel Miloh
01-16-2002, 02:33 PM
says Eisel as she throws a couple of Celestial Spells on the table, as she gives Brownie a puzzled look. "I'd assumed this was a place where all types could gather together to exchange stories and enjoy themselves, is it not? Sort of a sanctuary?"

Sellenus
01-16-2002, 08:13 PM
From aside the fireplace, the melodic sound of an Elf and his lute...

By chance this Bard has wondered here this night,
To join you all for an ale, by fires light...

But never have I heard Lords so wise,
Or gazed upon a Dwarven Princess, emerald eyes...;)

Or witnessed Haelyn's righteous crusade,
To think I came here in hopes of getting L.... oh ah Paid:p

I am Sellenus, well met...

brownie
01-16-2002, 08:42 PM
This is a very nice sanctuary. I cant help it that some people take words alittle to serious. You dont see me getting mad when you talk about my god. Oh and my little dwarf i did not think this place was of violence. I thought we were just talking and sharing thoughts but if you care to sit next to me and attempt to stomp my foot when i say something you dont like well you should always look behind yourself first. Never know when a crossbow bolt or dagger might end up in your back but please lets keep it peaceful in here. We dont want to but your blood all over the floor. i might feel bad for the owner of this great tavern.(flibbing the owner/barkeep a PP)

blitzmacher
01-17-2002, 01:06 AM
People take the words as they are spoken to them little brownie spot. Barkeep, an ale for our elven friend. Now I think the pot is 5PP. [tosses in five]

Abbess Allessandra
01-17-2002, 02:32 AM

This is a very nice sanctuary. I cant help it that some people take words alittle to serious. You dont see me getting mad when you talk about my god. Oh and my little dwarf i did not think this place was of violence. I thought we were just talking and sharing thoughts but if you care to sit next to me and attempt to stomp my foot when i say something you dont like well you should always look behind yourself first. Never know when a crossbow bolt or dagger might end up in your back but please lets keep it peaceful in here. We dont want to but your blood all over the floor. i might feel bad for the owner of this great tavern.(flibbing the owner/barkeep a PP)

As I recall brownEYE, I didn't insult your god. You insulted mine. I unlike you didn't mock your god. I know that all the gods gave their lives at Deismaar. I know that we all should live peacefully, you do not. Your churlish responses are a waste of precious breath. If you insist on making rifts go elsewhere,otherwise hold thy tongue and play cards. Oh, I almost forgot to mention, I have been well trained on the art of backstabbing haven't I Lord Shaene?

Abbess Allessandra
01-17-2002, 02:33 AM

Lord Shaene
01-17-2002, 03:54 PM
<puts in his 5 platinum pieces>

(looks to the Abbess)
(speaks softly)

Now Allesandra!, We are supposed to help those who have lost thier way, not downgrade ourselfs to thier Lowlife existance and this one has obviously been short changed by the gods in the intelligence department. So we will forget what foolish things he has just said and continue to enjoy the good company around us.

(speaks normally)
Brownie maybe things got started out on the wrong foot here, what say you we put aside our religious differences and start anew? OK? who still needs to Ante up, the ante is 5pp now if you wish to play?

brownie
01-18-2002, 02:24 AM
Yes, throwning in 5PP in the middle. Lets deal some cards. If you dont want to drop the subject on gods then fine. Hold on i must talk to someone for 2 seconds. Be right back.

Gets up and walks to a commoner and whispers something in his ear. Gives him a few shiney coins and comes back to the table. The commoner gets up and walks outside.

Coming back to the table lets deal those cards.

Abbess Allessandra
01-18-2002, 03:02 AM
Very well, I apologize Brownie for speaking so curt. I was merely angered by what sounded as a threat. I wanted to make it clear that I understood what you were saying about you never know what to expect.

Keeping my eye on the commoner as he left and then brownie

Lawgiver
01-18-2002, 03:30 AM
Gets up and walks to a commoner and whispers something in his ear. Gives him a few shiney coins and comes back to the table. The commoner gets up and walks outside.

[Eases out of his stool and exits quietly behind the man who just left... Returns shortly, the commoner never returns]

Abbess while I was outside getting a breathe of fresh air I found a man who wished to donate a few coins to a local temple. Perhaps you can see that they are used for a noble purpose. [bows to the Abbess and takes a seat near the fire place, placing a couple of coins in the elf's glass on the way. Seated comfortably he listens to the elf while keeping half an eye on the card game.]

brownie
01-18-2002, 06:39 AM
I see. Harming ones little message boy is bad. But i guess I can let it slide. I did not know that your church was that bad off that you had to steal from people. If so here is a few silver and gold peices for your cause. Now i have to go to the bar and get a refill. I will be right back.

Goes to the bar and is talking to the barkeep. Gets a refill and once again whispers something to the barkeep.

Comes back to the table. Now lets play some cards. What is the game fo choice here.

brownie
01-18-2002, 06:41 AM
Where did sellenus that bard character go already???

Sellenus
01-18-2002, 01:23 PM
Oh, I am here Lord Brown...

I just prefer not to call attention to myself.

Make a request if you would like, perhaps I can ease the tension before the card game starts. It is what I do after all.:)

Lawgiver
01-18-2002, 01:29 PM
Goes to the bar and is talking to the barkeep. Gets a refill and once again whispers something to the barkeep.

[Notcing his own glass is half full, gulps it down and heads to the bar. Leans over the bar to the barkeep speaking lowly. The barkeeps face blanches and his eyes widen. The bartender glances toward brownie shakes his head and goes about his business occassionally staring at brownie. Lawgiver takes his newly filled glass and returns to his seat by the fire with a bit of a smirk on his face.]

Abbess Allessandra
01-18-2002, 03:37 PM
Thank you for the donation lawgiver. She smiles and returns the bow/curtsy.
Then she turns to Brownie, "Brownie is there a reason you keep insulting my church? I apologize for my curt responses with an explantion of why and you still keep at it. Enjoy your game." She leaves and goes to sit by the fire with Lawgiver. "Lawgiver thank you for the donation it was really kind of you, tell me more about your church I am truly interested about the different ways of religions."

brownie
01-18-2002, 08:15 PM
Oh i do not insult your church. I am making remarks on how scared lawgiver is about something i do. If you are that scared of what someone is going then i think you should go home. It is getting dark out. However if you interfer with my business again lawgiver we will have words. Do not put your nose where it does not belong lawgiver. If you are the law of the lands then you let me know but if not stay out of something that does not concern you...

Abbess Allessandra
01-19-2002, 12:06 AM

So you warship that little god. Ok if you wish. I would suggest fallowing either Brenna or Ehloli. Oh is that 5 PP to rich for your blood. Oh and wait maybe i should let you win some for an offering. Well maybe not. I am little greedy with money and power.

"Since your mind has obviously left you, I will repeat what you said(please read your quote above)" For the record, If I was at the table playing my character and you said that I would have taken this as an insult and played it as such because that is what it is!

01-19-2002, 03:22 AM
::jumps on the table and kicks Brownie in the face:: YOU INSULT MY GOD THEN THREATEN ME? ::pulls out warhammer:: if you decide to open your mouth again and let stupidity flow out I will remove the muscle that you cannot control, understand?

brownie
01-19-2002, 05:06 AM
As you jump up and try to kick me you are held in place. Now lets please play some cards and forget this personal little petty $%#@.

01-21-2002, 12:07 AM
nice try... you find that you are no longer able to speak nor move yourself as you fall backwards on the floor

You Brownie just bought yourself the distinct honor of enemy of the Dwarven nation. I suggest you keep your distance from any dwarvesyou see from this point on unless you want to end up falling on thier battle axe. Word will be reaching my father shortly.

01-21-2002, 12:23 AM
Not very wise to insult and threaten the daughter of the king of Dwarves

Lawgiver
01-21-2002, 04:22 AM
I am making remarks on how scared lawgiver is about something i do. If you are that scared of what someone is going then i think you should go home. It is getting dark out. However if you interfer with my business again lawgiver we will have words. Do not put your nose where it does not belong lawgiver. If you are the law of the lands then you let me know but if not stay out of something that does not concern you..
Why should I be scared of something you do? Are you admitting that you are involved in illegal activity?

As far as not being my business... When you insult my freinds and disrupt my peaceful evening with your petty antics it is my business. I may not be the official law of the land, but I am commited to justice, peace and the well being of my fellow man. I don't doubt my word and my honor would weigh far better here in the Imperial City. I have been recognized and thanked personally by the Imperial Chamberlain himself for my assistance in a matter of justice last year.

She leaves and goes to sit by the fire with Lawgiver. "Lawgiver thank you for the donation it was really kind of you, tell me more about your church I am truly interested about the different ways of religions."
I'm afraid my religion would be considered blasphemy by you and it may invoke the fair Princess to try to kick me in the mouth. I don't wish to have "the distinct honor of enemy of the Dwarven nation". Though if you insist and can gaurantee protection from the Princess..

01-21-2002, 03:20 PM
::jumps off the table::

Please excuse my little outburst Lawgiver. I have a very short temper even for a dwarf when someone threatens harm to me. I do not take offense to someone elses beliefs, as a belief is sometimes the only thing that can console a man in his darkest hours, but when a man INSULTS either of my gods, then we have issues. Please continue if the Abbess pleases, I am rather interested myself.

Eisel Miloh
01-21-2002, 06:10 PM
Lawgiver. I too am interested in the various gods and their religions, but in Medoere we rarely hear of any other than the Silver Prince himself. And it would be preferable to listening to the rantings of those who come here merely to stir agitation and worse.

brownie
01-22-2002, 01:30 AM
Well greybeard you have to gods. 1 is not good enugh for you. Nothing bad meant just asking to gain knowledge about you. Now my goddess is different than yours but i thought we came here for fun and games and some card playin.

Sellenus
01-22-2002, 03:40 AM
Discussing religion is as much a game of chance as any card game, I think...

It seems it may be far more dangerous though...

Now is the time for wine and song. When I finish this glass, I will sing for you all again. I hope that cooler heads will prevail, this fine establishment deserves that at least.

Lawgiver
01-22-2002, 04:14 AM
Orginally posted by Princess Emerald Greybeard
Please continue if the Abbess pleases, I am rather interested myself.
Very well Princess, Abbess, Eisel if you insist.
Well, now where to begin... One cannot simply cram all of the finer tenants of one's beliefs into a simplistic explanation...For you see my faith is both young, scarcely 500 years old, and yet is as old as time. It is a faith that originates from a chosen people of the Khinasi called the Hebrews. [Sighing] Perhaps the logical choice would be to start at the beginning...

In the beginning, before the concept of time to man Yahweh, the one and only true God, formed Terra (the sphere of land on which all life exists). Once He finished the creation of the world He created all of the plants, animals and countless other creatures. His ultimate creation was a man, whom He called Adam. This is unlike the common historians belief. For most have surmised that the elves were the eldest race, but this is not so. Man was first. I say this out of truth not racial arrogance...
Man was created pure and just without blemish and placed in a special garden that God created for His man, called Eden. To comfort Adam and give him a helper and mate, God created woman, whom Adam named Eve. Together Adam and Eve dwelt in the garden that God created. That is until the fateful day of their fall from glory. For you see, when God created the garden He placed two trees in its midst, the Tree of Life, and the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. God held nothing of His creation back but these two trees. He said that if man ate of the tree they would die. One day while Eve was in the garden she met a serpent. The serpent deceived her into eating of the fruit from the Tree of Good and Evil. Her husband ate of the fruit as well. Too make a long story short... Man was cursed and banished from the Garden of Eden. He lost his immortality and Yahweh said that he would grow old and die...
The Knowledge of Good and Evil was too much for mankind to bear. Evil deeds and thoughts slowly began to overcome them. They sought to perform good deeds and offer blood sacrifices to Yahweh in repentance for their wickedness. Alas, all was but hopeless for 4,000 + years....
The sin of one man had corrupted all and separated them from true fellowship with God for thousands of years. For God is most holy and pure, and cannot dwell in the presence of unrighteousness. Yet God did not desire the separation and sought to reconcile man. So He sent His own Son Yeshua (Jesus in our tongue) into the world to free man from the curse of Sin. To keep Him pure, Yeshua was born to a virgin and did not have a corrupt earthly father. Born pure, Yeshua lived a sinless life. When he was about 30 years old he left home to tell mankind about Yahweh's love for man and his true nature. He did many miracles, causing the blind to see, allowing the deaf to hear, calming the very winds and storms, and he even raised the dead (though not as incorporeal beings as some wizards have, but he restored them with the life they once had). The people of this world and other religious leaders accused him of blasphemy and crucified him. Yet it was through his crucifixion that his true power was released. For when he died he was buried and on the third day he rose again from the dead by the power of Yahweh (as he had prophesied beforehand). For as sin entered the world through one man, and death also befell all men, because all have sinned. So also was eternal life restored to man through grace and of the gift of righteousness given by the shedding of blood by one man, Yeshua. He was a sinless sacrifice that broke the power of the curse and restored the ability of man to freely commune with God.
For the holy word of God says, that if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord", and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved...
You too have the chance to accept the word of truth and come to the one true God and receive forgiveness of sin and the gift of eternal life. All you must do is admit that you are imperfect (a sinner) and that you cannot make it on your own; Acknowledge Jesus as your savior, believe that God raised him from the dead and He will do it for you as well...

Forgive me for my long-windedness... But you asked and I was obliged to tell the essence of my beleifs.

01-22-2002, 01:25 PM
Lawgiver, that was truly a fascinating tale! I do hope you find happiness and comfort in your faith.

"Well greybeard you have to gods. 1 is not good enugh for you. "

Actually, in the dwarven kingdom you are taught that there is but 1 god. And it is believed by most dwarves that Moradin is the god of all deities. My father realized that there are other gods and that others have different beliefs, and taught me to recognize that. I ran into the Abbess a few years ago and her religion intrigued me and I studied with her. In studying, I realized that Haelyn and Moradin have similiar ties, and I believe in both of them. So I choose to become a preistess of both gods.

It seems my tankard runs empty! BARKEEP! Another round for my friends here! ::Tosses a couple platinum on the table::

01-23-2002, 04:14 PM
Lawgiver, I know King James. King James is a personal freind of mine, and you sir are no King James!!

Abbess Allessandra
01-23-2002, 11:31 PM
Orginally posted by Princess Emerald Greybeard

Lawgiver, I know King James. King James is a personal freind of mine, and you sir are no King James!!

Umm Emerald I believe he speaks of another King James.

Sellenus
01-23-2002, 11:36 PM
How many King James are there M'lady?

01-24-2002, 02:39 AM
That sounds just like a book he wrote! I can't remember the title, but it started with a B or something like that.

Eisel Miloh
01-24-2002, 06:10 PM
ever heard that story so beautifully or simply told. I think, with your permission, I would like to copy it and give it to my little ones.

Lawgiver
01-24-2002, 08:16 PM
Umm Emerald I believe he speaks of another King James.

I have not even mentioned this King James you speak of... What has he do with me?

Lawgiver, I don't believe I've ever heard that story so beautifully or simply told. I think, with your permission, I would like to copy it and give it to my little ones.

Feel free do with it what you will. I will pen you a copy and bring it in the morn if you wish... Though you refer to it as if you have heard it before? Have you? I thought it was largely unknown in these parts? Oh and begging your pardon ma'am, but its more than just a story.

Xerath
01-24-2002, 11:46 PM
You all must excuse me, I thought I had entered a tavern, this is obviously some sort of religous convention (GOD-CON??)

Lord Eldred, thank you for the ale, I will make sure to return the favor soon.

Farewell for now, good journey to all.

01-25-2002, 12:54 AM
forgive me, I believe the ale has gone to my head a little. Excuse me...

::gets up and orders another ale and takes a big swig::

aaahhhh.. my head is much clearer now!

::gets up on a table with a big stupid grin and loudly clears throat::

AHEM!! I just want to say to old and new friends, I am glad to have made your aquaintance and where ever your road leads to, I hope that one day I shall meet all of you again for you are all fair and noble and I hope that if ever you are in need of my assistance, you shall call on me! True friends are rare, and to have a true friend is a gift that no person, be she human, dwarf, elf, or whatever, can stand between! May your god bless and light your way and protect you in your journeys.

Ok. I'm finished. Thats about as sentimental as your gonna get from me.

::sits back down next to Lord Eldred:: Now don't get all misty eyed on me!

Sellenus
01-25-2002, 03:12 PM
with a ;) , and a :) I begin making some mental notes about the Dwarven Lady. For one day Bards will sing of her, but I will be first

then I will politely ask for a glass of wine

01-28-2002, 07:29 PM
It must be late Sellenus, for we seem to be the only 2 left here.

Eisel Miloh
01-29-2002, 01:34 PM
on this fine place, for I was unable to speak at all yesterday, though I tried and tried. Did anyone else have similar trouble or was it just me?

Lawgiver
01-29-2002, 09:12 PM
on this fine place, for I was unable to speak at all yesterday, though I tried and tried. Did anyone else have similar trouble or was it just me?

Indeed. Its seems trouble is afoot. Perhaps a wizard cast some sort of magical silence spell...

Xerath
01-30-2002, 12:49 AM
Don't look at me, I didn't do it.

Sellenus
01-30-2002, 01:38 PM
Something has prevented my return as well. Whatever Evil this was seems to have past. I am fortunate to return to such company...

Lord Shaene
01-30-2002, 07:25 PM
(checks his equipment)

Hmm.. Nothing missing, and i can obviously speak...
Oh well.... where were we

Eisel Miloh
01-31-2002, 06:16 PM
It appears the spell was removed.

I believe Sellenus was about to honor us with a song. I have one or two modest comedic songs to follow with, if perhaps he has something stirring for us to listen to?

Sellenus
01-31-2002, 08:11 PM
Indeed. For your entertainment I will sing the song of my most recent adventure with my friends, the Company of the Blade. It is called Bird and the Blade...

Listen well and hear a tale of a villainous bird
I see you smile and hear you laugh, thinking this absurd
But he's a heartless evil man like you've never heard
But rest assured, the Company of the Blade was not deterred

Born a cowardly chicken, not a bird of prey
Who would rather hide in his coup than enter into fray
Summoning undead minions mindless enough to obey
So that they would stay and fight as he bravely ran away

And so we searched the nest from where the sparrow fled
And we found evidence that proved the villian wed
For a worm ridden corpse still lay in your bed
With the tales of your lust still lingering there unsaid

You still acted like a peacock pretending to be proud
Truth is you've a simple mind, not at all endowed
Your cultivation of evil will not be allowed
The Company of the Blade your thundercloud

Then the goose took a girl to use her as a shield
Thinking this original plan would make his enemies yield
He didn't realize the power that we wield
And so his lackey's bodies soon littered that battlefield

And so the CROW has went and nested
Because he knows that he's again been bested
His swallowed pride not soon digested
The Company of the Blade? Barely tested.

And so evil rooster, enjoy this your final dawn
We'll raise our mugs and laugh at you after you are gone
We'll twart your plans using both brains and brawn
And we'll face your challenges and simply yawn

Perhelion
01-31-2002, 09:49 PM
*Enters, the tavern, listns to the Bard*
Nice Song, minstrel.
*Tosses a coin*
Lets have more!
*Takes a seat*

Abbess Allessandra
02-02-2002, 01:40 PM
It seems I too was unable to talk. Well I apologize Lawgiver as to the reference to King James, that was Emerald's mention. As for how many King James there are I don't know I know of two in my travels but I am sure there are more.
What a talent for singing this here bard has. "Well done" and applauds.....

Lord Eldred
02-10-2002, 06:17 PM
Orginally posted by Xerath

Don't look at me, I didn't do it.

I thought you had left altogether yet you are still here claiming you didn't cast the silence spell. I am not sure there is anyone else here that is capable of casting it!

Lord Eldred
02-10-2002, 06:19 PM
::Stands and claps:: Bartender give this Bard whatever he wishes to drink all night on me!

Sellenus
02-10-2002, 08:47 PM
you are kind indeed m'lord

Lord Eldred
02-11-2002, 09:31 PM
Not as kind as you. For you share such beautiful words that others would keep for themselves!