PDA

View Full Version : homebrew forum..

Arjan
01-04-2005, 02:41 PM
Is it perhaps a good idea to create a special homebrew forum. just to ask for feedback or post your possible ideas?

that way we seperate original stuff from homemade content, and we dont get any confusion between the two.

Arjan

Raesene Andu
01-04-2005, 05:22 PM
You could convert the forum for Aduria into a homebrew/outside Cerilia setting.

I do think that a forum specifically for posting new material would be a good idea.

Arjan
01-04-2005, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Raesene Andu@Jan 4 2005, 06:22 PM
You could convert the forum for Aduria into a homebrew/outside Cerilia setting.

I do think that a forum specifically for posting new material would be a good idea.
well i didnt want to touch the aduria forum. since it deserves "special treatment" imo.

but the neverwinterBR forum ia for example almost dead..

A.

Raesene Andu
01-04-2005, 05:32 PM
Yes, that one could be changed to a homebrew forum instead, I think it is unlikely that any BR modules for Neverwinter nights will be posted now...

irdeggman
01-04-2005, 09:25 PM
Arjan I agree the homebrew forum is a great idea. It will help people stay focused on the questions being asked and not necessarily trying to put everything into BRCS perspective, which is something I thing we all have been falling into the last 2 years.

I also like the play-by-post concept forum for hosting games.

Arjan
01-04-2005, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by irdeggman@Jan 4 2005, 10:25 PM
Arjan I agree the homebrew forum is a great idea. It will help people stay focused on the questions being asked and not necessarily trying to put everything into BRCS perspective, which is something I thing we all have been falling into the last 2 years.

Done.. up and running already ;)

I also like the play-by-post concept forum for hosting games.

What exacly do you mean by this, a support forum for PBEm? or a PBEm running on BRnet self?

Arjan

Green Knight
01-05-2005, 06:50 PM
I don`t know...isn`t everything (or most of it) posted on BR.net

homebrew?

Gary`s awnsheghlien and little diseases, my new gods and domains etc.,

are certainly homebrew. I`d say that much(most of the BRCS is equally

much homebrew.

What about just havign a forum for rules-stuff and one for

campaign-stuff, and maybe a separate forum for the BRCS as well?

B

Arjan
01-05-2005, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by The Green Knight@Jan 5 2005, 07:50 PM
I don`t know...isn`t everything (or most of it) posted on BR.net homebrew?

Gary`s awnsheghlien and little diseases, my new gods and domains etc.,are certainly homebrew. I`d say that much(most of the BRCS is equally much homebrew

What about just havign a forum for rules-stuff and one for campaign-stuff, and maybe a separate forum for the BRCS as well?

B
well imo home made stuff is very different from questions and discussions of the original published stuff.

homebrew are spin offs, adjustments or add ons etc..
But a seperate homebrew forum will hopefully help people not to rant at eachother because things might or might not be very BR-ish. just to keep it appart from the original information.

perhaps the 20 BRCS forum could be renamed to the "rules" forum, it is kinda that already

A.

irdeggman
01-05-2005, 09:04 PM
What I meant was a separate section for things like master_guelfi
's game he tried to start under the Bard's Tale section.

Check out alternity.net or tequilastarrise.net to see the type of format I'm refering to.

Basically it would be a section where play-by-post games (or even PBEM) could be hosted.

I'd be careful about dubbing the d20 Playtest section a rules section. There is also a call for a 2nd ed rules section - many people still play 2nd ed rules and it would help if they had a place to go without getting into confusion over what edition we are talking about.

Arjan
01-06-2005, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by irdeggman@Jan 5 2005, 10:04 PM
What I meant was a separate section for things like master_guelfi
's game he tried to start under the Bard's Tale section.

Check out alternity.net or tequilastarrise.net to see the type of format I'm refering to.

Basically it would be a section where play-by-post games (or even PBEM) could be hosted.

I'd be careful about dubbing the d20 Playtest section a rules section. There is also a call for a 2nd ed rules section - many people still play 2nd ed rules and it would help if they had a place to go without getting into confusion over what edition we are talking about.
ok, i have taken a look at the two play-by-post forums. although i dont understand a thing about it, i can ofcourse create one.

and ofcourse i can create more forums, but i want to be becareful not to repeat the amount of forums we used to have. and especially since i can only post mailinglist messages to one forum. thus very hard to seperate the general from 2nd ed or even 3e posts. unless there would be some volunteers that want to moderate the forums?!?!

my sugestion is to merge the official announcements with the anouncements discussions

turn the bards tale into a playby post forum.
the play-bypost forum will not be ported to the mailinglist.

Arjan

Green Knight
01-07-2005, 08:20 AM
Don`t destroy the Bard`s Tale forum. Not much activity, but what little there

is deserves something separate.

B

Fearless_Leader
01-08-2005, 04:57 AM
I can't really understand the distinction between the Midnight Cauldron and the Royal Library. Aren't they redundant?

Arjan
01-08-2005, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Fearless_Leader@Jan 8 2005, 05:57 AM
I can't really understand the distinction between the Midnight Cauldron and the Royal Library. Aren't they redundant?
quite simple..

Royal lib -> discussions of official core BR content
Cauldron -> everything fan/home/custom made

Arjan

irdeggman
01-08-2005, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Arjan+Jan 8 2005, 07:59 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Arjan @ Jan 8 2005, 07:59 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Fearless_Leader@Jan 8 2005, 05:57 AM
I can&#39;t really understand the distinction between the Midnight Cauldron and the Royal Library. Aren&#39;t they redundant?
quite simple..

Royal lib -> discussions of official core BR content
Cauldron -> everything fan/home/custom made

Arjan [/b][/quote]
Hmmm - isn&#39;t the Royal Library also discussions of 3.0/3.5 and how it relates to BR that is not in the BRCS? More of a general discussion.

Regardless, as long as the description under the thread is clear enough people will figure it out. But it is important to remember that there are a lot of people that aren&#39;t native English speakers and quite often have a translation problem.

Arjan
01-09-2005, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by irdeggman@Jan 8 2005, 07:20 PM
Hmmm - isn&#39;t the Royal Library also discussions of 3.0/3.5 and how it relates to BR that is not in the BRCS? More of a general discussion.

Regardless, as long as the description under the thread is clear enough people will figure it out. But it is important to remember that there are a lot of people that aren&#39;t native English speakers and quite often have a translation problem.
Well yes the Royal Lib is for that use as well, 3.0/3.5 is official material as well.

but if you think the forum descriptions are not totally clear, i am open for anything.

Arjan

irdeggman
01-09-2005, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Arjan+Jan 9 2005, 09:24 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Arjan @ Jan 9 2005, 09:24 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-irdeggman@Jan 8 2005, 07:20 PM

Well yes the Royal Lib is for that use as well, 3.0/3.5 is official material as well.

but if you think the forum descriptions are not totally clear, i am open for anything.

Arjan [/b][/quote]
The Royal Library
“Discussion about general Birthright Stuf.”

Doesn’t seem to be very specific on it being a rules oriented forum.

I would make two separate forums.

One for 2nd ed rules oriented material and one for 3.0/3.5 rules-based material that is not specific to the BRCS.

So for the sake of discussion.

Royal Library (2nd ed)
“Discussion about general Birthright based on 2nd ed material. Rules and literature based material.”

Royal Library (3/3.5 based)
“Discussion about general Birthright. Rules and literature focused on bringing 2nd ed material into compliance with the 3/3.5 ruleset. Any discussion pertaining to the “Official” 3.5 rules should be directed to the D20 BRCS playtest comments.”

I would create two new forums.

BRCS comments (formerly D20 BRCS playtest comments) {and migrate infor from there into this one}
“Discussions focused on the development of the “Official” D&D 3.5 rules.”

BRCS- Atlas comments/discussion.
“Discussion focused on the development of the “Official” D&D 3.5 Atlas.”

Osprey
01-09-2005, 11:15 PM
I think a 2e forum would be largely useless. If we&#39;re trying to keep the total number of forums down, this isn&#39;t one I&#39;d include. If a Rules forum needs to exist seperately, one is enough (and people can specify in the thread descriptions if it&#39;s 2e or 3e).

Different story if we&#39;re talking about downloads/archives - then a blatant 2e/3e seperation is desirable, since much of that is rules-specific info.

Osprey

Raesene Andu
01-09-2005, 11:29 PM
There hasn&#39;t been much in the way of 2E discussion or posts in the past couple of years, so I&#39;&#39;d agree a forum for 2E is fairly useless.

Arjan
01-09-2005, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Raesene Andu@Jan 10 2005, 12:29 AM
There hasn&#39;t been much in the way of 2E discussion or posts in the past couple of years, so I&#39;&#39;d agree a forum for 2E is fairly useless.
thats why i waited to split the royal lib in two.

I was thinking on using posticons like they have at Enworld. 2nd ed icon and a 3e icon for the appropiate dnd version instead of those smily posticons

A.