PDA

View Full Version : about the CMS

Arjan
01-03-2005, 09:43 PM
i am still fussing arround with some requirements the CMS must have..

maybe you have some ideas about what it should be able to do.

For example. should every article/page be seperated on DnD version, or just categorized?

i have chosen for e107 CSm system since there are some good compatible scripts to combine the invision forums we already use.

heres a link to the featurelist of e107
http://e107faq.org/content.php?article.13

any ideas are welcome

Arjan

Arjan
01-10-2005, 08:16 PM
I am about to install the new CMS software. It could be that the splaspage will disapear for a while.

If you see the CMS, please dont use it. i still need to synchronize the users with the forum.

Once i get the CMS up and running, i hope that some people are willing to help me fill the damn thing, so i can work on a nice looking theme as well.

wish me luck!

Arjan

Raesene Andu
01-10-2005, 08:19 PM
Good luck.

Arjan
01-10-2005, 09:36 PM
everything went fine, i noticed a slight difference with the users. At least I can log in :)

Any of you want to volunteer, help me fill the CMS?

thnx
A.

Arjan
01-10-2005, 10:07 PM
i have come up with the folowing article categories. If you think a category is missing or should be removed please tell me.

About Birthright(intro to campaign)

Product reviews (original)

Adventures

Bloodline Abilities

Cerilian Bestiary
- Blood Abominations
- Monsters
- NPC's

Domain Actions

House Rules

Magical Items & Weaponry

(category name??)
- Battlespells
- Regular Spells
- Realmspells

Miscelaneous Info

(Prestige) Classes

Skills and Feats

Raesene Andu
01-11-2005, 06:33 AM
How do we actually use it? I haven't seen any major changes to the forums.

Osprey
01-11-2005, 06:57 AM
What is CMS? hard to respond when I'm not quite sure what you're talking about. Lost me in jargon-land. :o

Green Knight
01-11-2005, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by Raesene Andu@Jan 11 2005, 07:33 AM
I spoke with Arjan yesterday, and I think he wanted to transfer all the old stuff from the Archive before opening up.

B

Arjan
01-11-2005, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by Raesene Andu@Jan 11 2005, 07:33 AM
Well i cant be used yet.

I installed the CMS (for those who dont know what CMS is: CMS stands for Content Management System) on the server, and connected it to the forum user database and login. so simultaneous use is possible.

Before i want to open it it for public i want to move all existing content from the "archive" to the CMS in the appropiate category.
Therefor i posted a list with categories.

A.

Osprey
01-11-2005, 05:19 PM
Arjan,
If this will be the new "archive" section and is open content, then I have a section for you: "Wondrous Structures," or just "Wonders." I suppose it could be a sub-category of Domain Actions, though the only domain action directly involved with these is the Build action. I've created at least a dozen of these babies, and there's plenty of creative room for other wonders too. I'd like to post them to the archives (or whatever we're calling the CMS - are they still going to be called Archives, or do you have another name in mind? Not just "CMS" I hope).

Osprey

PS - Just call the spell section "Spells." Keep it simple. ;)

Osprey
01-11-2005, 06:15 PM
Another request I would make is that posting in this section be Word or Rich Text compatible, so that tables, columns, and spacing can be easily cut and pasted from one to the other. D&D has tons of tables, and a lot of the stuff posted here will be of that type. Is that possible, or already the case?

I know this has been my major frustration in posting game mechanic-stuff in the forums, as they ignore this formatting and cut out all your carefully-constructed tables, columns, and spacing.

Osprey

Arjan
01-11-2005, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Osprey@Jan 11 2005, 06:19 PM
Arjan,
If this will be the new "archive" section and is open content, then I have a section for you: "Wondrous Structures," or just "Wonders." I suppose it could be a sub-category of Domain Actions, though the only domain action directly involved with these is the Build action. I've created at least a dozen of these babies, and there's plenty of creative room for other wonders too. I'd like to post them to the archives (or whatever we're calling the CMS - are they still going to be called Archives, or do you have another name in mind? Not just "CMS" I hope).

Osprey

PS - Just call the spell section "Spells." Keep it simple. ;)
hmm but how many wondrous structures would there finally be in that category.
the ones listed now are put into 1 single article post with multiple pages.

about your other question, the tables.

Its not possible to copy straight from word or whatever into the text field, BUT it is possible to use HTML tags for creating a table.

A.

Arjan
01-11-2005, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Osprey@Jan 11 2005, 06:19 PM
I'd like to post them to the archives (or whatever we're calling the CMS - are they still going to be called Archives, or do you have another name in mind? Not just "CMS" I hope).

Osprey

A CMS is just the type of software. Its a content management system in the biggest meaning of the word.

not just specific to the article (archive) section. submitting articles is just a tiny piece of the CMS.

A.

Osprey
01-12-2005, 02:17 AM

Hmmm, let me see...I currently have ten Wonders written up, most of them being 4+ pages in length, and there's one or two more that I have on paper but not on the computer. So as one article, well: that's a LOT of pages to sift through. But again, my desires are vague 'cause I'm unfamiliar with the CMS format. I assumed there would be a headers and sub-headers to label and categorize articles, as well as individual articles under those categories. Is this close to accurate?

Arjan
01-12-2005, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Osprey@Jan 12 2005, 03:17 AM

Hmmm, let me see...I currently have ten Wonders written up, most of them being 4+ pages in length, and there's one or two more that I have on paper but not on the computer. So as one article, well: that's a LOT of pages to sift through. But again, my desires are vague 'cause I'm unfamiliar with the CMS format. I assumed there would be a headers and sub-headers to label and categorize articles, as well as individual articles under those categories. Is this close to accurate?
what about: Cerilia Sight Seeying? then people can write up all kind of stuf that dont fit other sections?