PDA

View Full Version : Birthright Game

master_guelfi
11-11-2004, 05:56 PM
Why we have so many PbeM, but no one here in Birthright.Net? Now we of Birthright Brazil team suggest a new PbeM. If someone was interessed in help suggesting his characters to we organize this correctly. So when we have a little number of players (like 5 or 6) we will start roleplay it. The Brazilian team will work like DM. We suggest to the players to select the characters that you wanna like to play, but Elves will be a little trouble...
So Players, cīmon! Letīs Play BIRTHRIGHT!!!

Benjamin
11-19-2004, 09:44 AM
So you are suggesting a forum based game hosted here at BR.net?

master_guelfi
11-24-2004, 09:37 PM
This is the only Pbem thats gonna be situated here in Br.net. Every player will know whats happens all the time. Personal messages gona be send if the situation is needed. Players, come on!!! Is A true BR Pbem with your most beloved character. Letīs go rule some domains!!!

First Horseman
11-24-2004, 11:52 PM
So if this game starts up, where would the Pcs be, and at what level would they start at, (since the npc regents still have to be sanctioned at their appropriate level)?

Angelbialaska
11-25-2004, 06:50 PM
I'd definitely be willing to play in a Birthright game. Last post took care of my worries, because at first it seemed like your average tabletop group (5-6 players and all), doing things, but if it's a PBeM in which each player has a regent, then I'm much more interested. :)

master_guelfi
12-14-2004, 07:58 PM
Players, send a message to the e-mail :birthright_brazil@yahoo.com.br, to inscribe your character in the BrGame, there's only some advices to do:

Character Level: 5th Level
Character Race: Any
Character Alignment: Any

The BrGame will follow the rules of the Birthright D20

So, players Let's follow our ways to Birthright!!!

irdeggman
12-14-2004, 10:58 PM
master_guelfi,

I really hope this experiment (on BR.net) works well and my congratulations on taking on this task. Game on Dudes!

If you want to see how a really successful (and popular) play-by-post game went, check out tequilastarrise.net the Verge of Extinction game. I wonder who played Evan Dunleavy - the diplomat/mindwalker ;).?

It was an Alternity - Star*Drive game but the structure and format could be an example of a way to conduct a game. Although in a domain-based game it might not translate well - it did work exceptionally well as a scene-based adventure style one. The cut-scene concept made for an exceptional read.

master_guelfi
12-21-2004, 07:11 PM
To everyone interessed, the players have started to send his characters!!!

C'mon Leīt's play a new Game in the Br.net!!!

There's only few chances like these in the Br.net :)

master_guelfi
01-13-2005, 08:52 PM
Hail to all the friends from BrNet, this topic was changed to the Play-by-Post, everyone who want to make part of the game, inscribe your character in the referent e-mail:

birthright_brazil@yahoo.com.br

The Game is on,
Let's follow our ways to birthright

Droene
01-27-2005, 05:02 AM
Heya,

I would like to join the campaign, still I do wonder:

1) Which domains are stil available?

2) When the game should begin more or less?

Let me know asap, I am really looking forward to pick my domain and play.

Thanks!

Droene

master_guelfi
01-27-2005, 07:36 PM
The Answers from your questions

1) Will be in the Imperial City Anuire, next from the Dwarves lands

2)The Regents don't will be one of the legendary members of Nobility of Anuire (forget men like Avan or Boeruine), the members will be new rise scions.

So let's follow our ways to Birthright!!!

Demonizer
01-30-2005, 10:09 AM
I hope there's still room for one more player, because if that's the case, I'll take it. I'm not sure whether you mean the PCs have to start as scions, or will rise to that level during the game (starting out as commoners and blood-thieving their way to power). If the second option is available, I'd like to take it. If not, feel free to throw in some minor bloodline for my character, and leave the specific bloodline itself as a surprise. I think I've given you a few plot hooks / devices to use if you go by that route.

While we're at it, I thought you might answer a few questions about your game.
-How much railroading will there be? What happens when proceeding with the "plot" contradicts my character's goals?
-For that matter, will you encourage characters to pursue their own interests, travelling far from the other PCs when required, or will you try to keep the "party" constantly united?
-What makes a bigger difference in determining the outcome of an action? The rulebook, or the details that inevitably fall outside it (and get resolved via role-play)? Should I even care that there's a "rule" or "agitate" action?
-To what extent will realm actions and battles be role-played?
-You mentioned the Imperial City was near the dwarf-lands. How so? Last I checked, it was found squarely between Diemed and Avanil.
-What administration options will there be for non-regent characters?
-Do you plan to integrate this with other BR campaigns that might take place around this forum?
-Finally, do you find my writing style confusing? That could be a bit of a problem, though I suppose I can change it for a while.

Here's the character's appearance, to give everyone a taste of my (fairly sour) writing style... I'll send you a PM with the rest.
"A pale and yellowish complexion stretches over this man's skin, replete with complicated systems of scars, bumps and tiny blotches. More potent on his face and hands than any other region, this lethargic color seems to thrive upon complexity, avoiding his plain, ruddy cheeks in favor of more twisted features. His bent nose coarsely stumbles over the wavy crest of his lips, which rises out of their thick flesh with an ungratifying twist, while nearby, small sacs of reddish skin and hairs snuggle together, flourishing in the damp, sweaty, oily mess around his mouth. They grow particularly plentiful just under its dull corners, as though they'd been irrigated by stray droplets of saliva, and extend around a visible dent on his chin. Despite these imperfections, which his beardless face can do little to hide, he dons a more elegant suit of pinkish freckles and light smears, whose shapes somehow arrange themselves into a perfect symmetry. They span the edges of his nose and dominate his cheeks completely, contrasting the solid blue of his deeply embedded eyes, yet never show themselves beyond their tight corall of facial bones. An inch above them, two majestic eyebrows lie prone and content, resting at the bottom of his smooth, shadowy brow. Thanks to his simplistic hairstyle, they at times become entangled with his scalp's sharper brown hairs, which descend in rigorous formations down his forehead. Through their presence, they incite a pattern of light shadows just behind them, on what few islands of clarity remain upon his cluttered face. His massive cheekbones provide a welcome touch of dignity, though propped as they are on the sides of his face, they hardly atone for his image.

Beyond a sleek, faceted neck and erstwhile pair of shoulders, his body stands armored in tight flesh and sinewy features. Flat and durable, his chest protures from an arrangement of gaunt ribs, all twice as thick as the dull fingers of his small, battered hands. A lavish conundrum of scars infests his otherwise bare midriff, making up for the man's unimpressive lack of hair. Their crude assortment seems the masterpiece of a crazed artist's brush, as some have been bleached so fiercely that they seem like bones torn outwards, while others wallow in a black too deep for human eyes to savour. The greater part of his scars features dark nuances of brown and copper, patterned as they are in stripes or fiendishly abrupt, sharp crescents, which bear no clear relationship or hint of common origin. Indeed, it seems as if these scars had all emerged at different times, perhaps in different stages of this man's life, with the most ancient having sunken well beneath their recent peers. One can make out slight imperfections in this wretched web of markings, tiny tracts of skin that have grown red from constant pressure, and where these lines overlap with scarred flesh, they suggest its age: a deeper ruddy hue, all things considered, means the scar has been in place for longer.

Underneath the jagged etchings on his thin, pliable thighs, the scant remainder of his body would appear unassuming. Neither his legs, reedy yet firm, nor the smooth facets of his feet hold any uncommon features, save perhaps the minimal size of his knees."

romancepbm
01-31-2005, 05:54 PM
I will create a Birthright (in portuguese) PBF game.

I have more than 10 years of experience as a DM and have a couple of ideas here...

If someone want to help (yeah, i need more DM's), please, write to: romancepbm@yahoo.com.br

:D

lucasbewolf
02-04-2005, 02:07 PM
Brazilian PBF?! I wanna play, I wanna play, I wanna play!!!! Did you create an yahoo group for it?

Encryptedmind
04-16-2005, 01:13 AM
ok i am interested in getting into the play by post birth right
i i am a very new player so if you have any sugestions let me know