PDA

View Full Version : www.birthright.net not available for me

Achab
10-24-2004, 08:15 AM
This week I have realized the "www.birthright.net" page is not available for me. It gives the "cannot be found" error. I can use just "birthright.net" and it works for me, most of the stuff is acessible ... like Downloads, Archive etc. But not for the forums, as they are not linked relatively to the "birthright.net" but their links containg "www.birthright.net" instead. I have overcome this inavailability for myself editing the "hosts" file on my PC, but other folks could experience the same problem ......

irdeggman
10-24-2004, 06:22 PM
I had the same problem. Too bad I didn't see your solution :(

Looks like its up now though. :D

Arjan
10-25-2004, 11:16 AM
I notified the server owner about the problem, its seems to be ok again now.

Arjan

Achab
10-26-2004, 06:02 PM
Finally the DNS refresh arrived even those forgotten parts I live in :)

Arjan
10-27-2004, 01:32 AM
hehe same here.... just dont blame the messenger :)

Achab
11-15-2004, 08:56 PM
The accessibility of www.birthright.net works only there and here, for a lot of folks it doesnt work at all. Its effectively burrying the whole project alive. Can we hear a word from the responsible folks whether and when is this going to improve significantly ? According to the Whois records the person in charge is Mr. Cools Berg from Oslo, (NO) .... I suppose he has a nick here and he reads the posts regularly, is it so ?

ConjurerDragon
11-16-2004, 06:40 PM
Achab schrieb:

>This post was generated by the Birthright.net message forum.

> You can view the entire thread at:

> http://www.birthright.net/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=18&t=2864

>

> Achab wrote:

> The accessibility of www.birthright.net works only there and here, for a lot of folks it doesnt work at all. Its effectively burrying the whole project alive. Can we hear a word from the responsible folks whether and when is this going to improve significantly ? According to the Whois records the person in charge is Mr. Cools Berg from Oslo, (NO) .... I suppose he has a nick here and he reads the posts regularly, is it so ?

>

I assume that Mr. Cools Berg is the brother of Mr. Ice Berg (who is most

reknown for sinking the titanic) and after long years of standing in the

shadow of his brothers achievements decided to sink Birthright.Net... ;-)

bye

Michael

irdeggman
11-22-2004, 10:20 PM
Arjan, Sindre,

Any timeline for when the self-correction will be complete?

The patch Achab made as well as the changes Ajran made only work when used together. I still can't access the site from work since I don't have administrator rights so I can't make the patch - I'm pretty sure that many others are also affected similarly.

IMO this is something really important to work on. Lack of access is definitely having a detrimental effect on the fans and is essentially killing any progress on the BRCS.

Post any clarifications, comments on the WotC boards as well - since those having trouble with access won't be able to read any comments made here.

Arjan
11-23-2004, 04:16 PM
Hey Duane, well we probably located the problem. the OLD Dns server was still pushing the old IP addres for the domain with the www. prefix. while the one without the www. was working.

but since little over a day both are showing the right IP address. [217.116.83.29]

what you can do is a TRACERT (traceroute) from a command shell to the above ip addres (and the domain names itself) ... then send me the results, then i perhaps can determine where the problem lies.

Arjan

irdeggman
11-23-2004, 09:19 PM
Well since I don't have administrator rights I can't do those commands at work :(
:(

So I can't tell what IP address my work PC is pointing to, etc. As of 2 1/2 hrs ago (last time I tried at work) I still couldn't through. The same thing happens when I use the link at the WotC boards.

Ariadne
01-13-2005, 12:27 PM
I was thrown out from this page for a very long time too (dunno the problems, my browser seem to have).

Well, now I'm back....