PDA

View Full Version : Helaene Dossiere

Osprey
09-24-2004, 02:55 PM
Here's a question for the BR buffs:

Helaene Dhosiere, primary Lt. for Dhoesone, is described in Ruins of Empire as an extremely competent lt. and a cousin of Chamberlain. It then goes on to mention that she's unblooded. :blink:

Unblooded cousin of the chamberlain, who has a great bloodline of Anduiras?!? How is this possible? Does anyone know any story-reasons for why this might be true? Is she adopted? Did she pass on her bloodline to someone else? And just how old is she anyways?

Osprey

Vallariel
09-24-2004, 07:56 PM
She could be a cousin of the Chamberlain's by marriage, thus not having any of the Dosiere bloodline at all. ;)

My thoughts are that she is older, widowed... something like this:

History: Married to Blah Dosiere at an early age.... yadda yadda yadda... Blah Dosiere died in 44?, (maybe 445) and she's been helping Fhiele Dhoesone every since... [What else is a widowed noblewoman to do? Help run the castle and realm, especially as Fhiele is a relatively young and inexperienced regent.]

The Jew
09-25-2004, 06:25 PM
I think its just another example of the original BR developers lack of consistency and attention to detail. My guess is that it will be fixed in the upcoming atlas.