PDA

View Full Version : Is there going to be an official 3rd edition of Birthright?

Tannen Pinnorael
01-13-2002, 01:58 AM
I've decided to stop lurking and go about and ask it. Will there be a 3rd edition of Birthright, just as Arthaus did for Ravenloft?

I ask because in some posts, I sometimes see "In the upcoming edition", especially in posts by Elton Robb.

So, what's the official stance on Birthright? IS there an upcoming edition of BR, and if so, when's the tentative date?

Temujin
01-13-2002, 03:40 AM
There's no official conversion coming from TSR/WoTC/Hasbro if that's what your asking. There are many attempts at conversion on the net for a BR in 3rd edition, notably Travis Doom, though they may need some polishing for your home campaign since the conversions usually add a lot of house rules that come from the individual designer's look of BR. I believe you can find several conversion attempts on this site, though others may be better to tell you actually *where* to look for it :P

Tannen Pinnorael
01-13-2002, 03:43 AM
Well, I already knew about Travis Doom's conversion; in fact, we use it in a Birthright game I am playing recently. However, you never know if an official book would be released, like for R3...

Oh well. We can always hope...

Arjan
01-13-2002, 01:33 PM
We are currently working on some 3e projects for birthright.
Since we are the official birthright website all published material is considdered official

Crazy Wolf
04-10-2002, 01:03 AM
Is WotC going to let anyone publish? I would like to have an actual book sometimes.