PDA

View Full Version : Ruins of Empire PBEM

Green Knight
01-11-2002, 12:22 PM
Update v2

I'm currently running a PBeM game called Ruins of Empire (yes, I know, how very original). The game has run for a while now, from October/November 2000. We are currently about to start the 15th turn (Autumn 1523HC/550MR). One BR turn per month is standard, with slightly longer turns during major holidays.

The game is full of house rules, but is recognizably BR, so new players shouldn't have any major difficulties adapting. I use 3E as the basis for the campaign. All necessary rules and information on domains or campaign background can be accessed in electronic format. Posession or knowledge of BR material is therefore no requirement, although some insight into the game world would be beneficial.

The game is still under development, with new material being added and old rules (2E) being revised. Players are encouraged to speak their mind and participate in this process. I hope to have a more or less completely revised 3E game by the end of turn 20 (late autumn 2002).

The game is set along the South Coast of Anuire, with the landed regents there being the focus of the campaign.

Lawgiver
01-12-2002, 12:10 AM
Have you got a website? If not, can you email me the electronic version of the rules. I'd definately be interested in Roesone.

Green Knight
01-12-2002, 09:35 AM
There is no homepage yet. Instead we maintain an archive at: http://www.groups.yahoo.com/group/RuinsofEmpire/

Go there and apply for membership. In a few days, you'll have access. Potential players will be free to lurk around for a while before diciding wheter to join or not.

Feel free to copy anything you like, but I'd appreciacte it if you'd mention my name if you're going to distribute or post the material elsewhere.

brownie
01-13-2002, 10:14 AM
did you say you need a guilder. THat is what i am looking for to play. I am checking out a few games and i would like to see what you have to offer. If you can let me know the level of the character and i have some ideas that i have to check and see if you allow certain rules. email at msbrown716@yahoo.com

Green Knight
02-18-2002, 02:24 PM
Still looking for players :)

Green Knight
03-11-2002, 10:36 AM
To the person who contacted me:

Your mail adress is hidden, so all I can do is to reply to Arjan, which doesn't help very much :)

You can instead contact me at: bjorn_sorgjerd@hotmail.com

Bronethan Amblecrown
03-15-2002, 06:57 PM
:P

I havent had a lot of experience actually playing the domain rules with BR, but I have basically all the stuff for the setting. Anyway, are you still recruiting?

Green Knight
03-16-2002, 09:55 AM
Still hiring, yes.

The group is for members only, so you will have to apply for membership at:

http://www.groups.yahoo.com/group/RuinsofEmpire/

Once you have applied I will add you as a group member and you can have a look around. If you decide not to join, you simply unsubscribe to this group.

Not having a lot of experince with Domain Rules is not a problem. Use quite a few house rules anyway and I'm always available to answer questions.

You can contact me at bjorn_sorgjerd@hotmail.com

Green Knight
04-03-2002, 07:38 AM
The game has expanded. The follwing domains are still available:

Temples
ETN
IHH
EOM

Guilds
SRT
SASI

Sources
Hermedhie

Green Knight
05-08-2002, 06:30 AM
The RoE game is still accepting players. Here is a list of the major domains/realms in the South Coast region:

REALMS
Diemed (LE) - Taken
Medoere (CN) - Taken
Ilien (N) - Taken
Roesone (N) - Taken
Aerenwe (NG) - Taken
Mieres (NE) - Taken

TEMPLES
OIT (LE) - NPC
IHH (LG) - Available
ETN (NG) - Taken
EOM (CN) - Available
BOM(VOM) (CE) - NPC

GUILDS
PCE/EH (LE) - NPC
SASI/OT (CE) - Available
SRT/SG (LG) - Available

SOURCES
Hermedhie (CN) - Available
HMA (LN) - NPC

MIXED
Wardens (CG) - Taken
House Bellamie/Berendor Coster (NE) - Available

Green Knight
09-11-2002, 02:24 PM
The Ruins of Empire PBEM is still alive and doing well. Turn 19 has just been completed, with turn 20 scheduled to being Turnsday 19 September.

The game has expanded somewhat. While the South Coast is still the core area, it is now possible to play certain realms/domains in neighboring regions. The Eastern Marches in particular, and to a certain degree the southern ares of the West Coast, are now available.

REALMS
Taeghas (N) - Available
Brosengae (CN) - Available
City of Anuire (LN) - NPC
Endier (NE) - NPC
Diemed (LE) - Taken
Medoere (N) - Taken
Ilien (N) - Taken
Roesone (N) - Taken
Aerenwe (NG) - Taken
Mieres (NE) - Taken
Osoerde (CE) - NPC
Elinie (LN) - Available
Coeranys (CG) - Available

TEMPLES
OIT (LE) - NPC
IHH (LG) - Available
ETN (NG) - Taken
EOM (CN) - Available
BOM (CE) - NPC
LPA (LN) - Available

GUILDS
PCE/EH (LE) - NPC
SASI/OT (CN) - Available
SRT/SG (LG) - Available
RG/DW (LN) - Available

SOURCES
Hermedhie (CN) - Available
HMA (LN) - NPC
Mhistecai - NPC
Three Brother Mages (N) - Available

MIXED
Wardens (CG) - Taken
Count of Bellam/Berendor Coster (NE) - Available

The South Coast and neighboring regions is plagued by several wars at the moment.

Ilien/Medoere/Roesone is fighting Diemed. Aerenwe/Elinie is fighting Osoerde. Everybody is fighting the Black Galley Raiders, vile pirates who raid the coasts of southeastern Anuire.

Anything can happen, and you can be part of it :P

Interested parties can either go to

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RuinsofEmpire/

and apply for membership or send me an e-mail at

bjorn_sorgjerd@hotmail.com