PDA

View Full Version : Links

Fearless_Leader
05-17-2004, 10:00 PM
I thought I'd let everyone know that I've just done my 2-3 month update on the Birthright Links website. I've added a fair bit of new stuff.

http://www.geocities.com/fearless_leader101/links.html

tcharazazel
05-19-2004, 06:09 PM
cool, I like the new links to the myth and medieval ages. Btw, was the person who made the The Colony of Mieres website (under PBeM Player Websites) in one of your games? I ask because I thought it was rather well done, though it didnt seem like it got updated or the game ended too soon.

Fearless_Leader
05-19-2004, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by tcharazazel@May 19 2004, 10:09 AM
cool, I like the new links to the myth and medieval ages. Btw, was the person who made the The Colony of Mieres website (under PBeM Player Websites) in one of your games? I ask because I thought it was rather well done, though it didnt seem like it got updated or the game ended too soon.
Yeah, that was one of the games I ran... I believe it was Heirs of the Fallen Empire III... which regrettably lasted only one turn (but when you have to write a bunch of papers for college, that'll happen).

Don E
05-19-2004, 09:22 PM
Thanks. It is a brilliant resource to have. Really saves a lot of time spent on keeping bookmarks updated.

Cheers,
E

Fearless_Leader
05-22-2004, 07:42 PM
I've just done another minor update to the links site. I've added a couple new sites I found and also added an active PBeM which used to be listed under the unofficial sites list.

Fearless_Leader
05-27-2004, 09:52 PM
I just updated the Links site again. Two new websites have been created in the last couple weeks by members of the community.

Fearless_Leader
08-07-2004, 07:22 PM
I've just done another of my bi-monthly updates on the links site. There are a few new sites in this latest update.

oll
12-15-2004, 12:03 PM
Hi, I'm a french Birthright game master with AD&D2.

I have published some materials in my rpg association website.

The adress is :

http://atalantafugiens.free.fr/modules.php...ews&new_topic=9 (http://atalantafugiens.free.fr/modules.php?name=News&new_topic=9)

Please note that it's written in french.

;)

Fearless_Leader
10-02-2005, 09:59 PM
I've gone ahead and updated my links site for the first time in a year. I pruned a bunch of dead links and added many new ones that I've found. Many of the "new" sites (new to the list anyways) are in French.

New Sites in This Update: 15
Missing Sites Removed This Update: 21
Total Birthright Site Count: 89
Current Active PBeMs: 3
Total Site Count: 95

The list can be found at:

I'm probably going to move the site off the geocities servers in the near future.

Master Spaz
04-05-2006, 02:16 AM
Hi, I'm a french Birthright game master with AD&D2.

IPlease note that it's written in french.

;)

salut
je suis aussi un fanatique de birthright 2eme édition et je suis du Québec

J'ai pas mal de travail fait en francais
lol
on pourrait p-e communiquer des infos
ciao

Arius Vistoon
04-06-2006, 04:39 PM
salut
je suis aussi un fanatique de birthright 2eme édition et je suis du Québec

J'ai pas mal de travail fait en francais
lol
on pourrait p-e communiquer des infos
ciao
youou, on parlotte ma langue !!
je suis français (paris) et fan de birthright (strange quand même..sur un forum de birthright :) ) Par contre, je suis plutot 3.5

Green Knight
04-07-2006, 09:35 AM
Ja dette var jo veeeldig informativ og underholdende på en gang. Og veldig i tråd med hva denne posten originalt omhandlet. Så da troller jeg litt på norsk jeg også, sånn for å få opp kvaliteten på Br.net

Walter
04-07-2006, 11:06 AM
Könnte mir einer erklären was hier läuft? Ich verstehe kein Wort, tschuldigung. Könntet ihr auf Englisch schreiben(oder Deutsch), damit es jeder versteht.

ausrick
04-07-2006, 01:54 PM
Ich verstehe Franzözisch und Norwegisch nicht, und mein Deutch kommt aus zwei jahren von Universität. :(

ausrick
04-07-2006, 02:36 PM
And I believe what poor Walter is saying is "Could someone please tell me what was said here? I didn't understand a word, excuse me, but could everyone please write in English, or German, so everyone can understand?"

I'm glad this is a forum and I could read it, because otherwise I would have to ask him "Entshuldigung. Mehr langsam Bitte." (Excuse me, more slowly please.) like 500 times. :)

I know its a funny situation where one culture's language is the standard by which the world seems to run on an international scale. But unlike the stereotypical American, I'm not content to make you all come to me. I try to learn foreign languages, but its hard and I suck at it. I applaud all of you who are fluent in more than one language. And honestly, most of you who English is not your first language speak it so well on these boards that I often forget you are all from different countries. Actually Americans tend to be the largest butchers of English on the internet by far from what I've seen, with the inventions of words like "Pwned!" and "I RoXXoR'd Joo cuz Im 1337 FOO, LOL!!!!!11111". :o

Long story short, I salute all of you non-native speakers for your superior multi-lingual language skills.

stv2brown1988
04-08-2006, 02:14 PM
This topic brings up a good point. I'm moving to Brussels, Belgium at the end of June and one of the first things I'm going to do is enroll in language classes. I hear they speak three languages over there, French, Flemmish, and German. Since I speak only English and a little bit of Spanish this is going to be very difficult but my wife and I believe that you should learn the native language of any country you plan on living in.
-------------------------------------------------
Does anyone know anything about Brussels and the RPG world, like if there's a good store to buy new products? Or are there any gaming groups based out of Brussels or regular game conventions held somewhere in the city?

JoseFreitas
04-28-2006, 04:31 PM
Olá a todos, sou português, grande fã de Birthright e de tudo o que é jogos de personagem. Já joguei em Cerilia com regras de segunda edição e agora, por estranho que pareça passei a regras ainda mais antigas... Chivalry & Sorcery segunda edição. Embora faça alguns anos que não jogue nenhuma aventura em Cerilia - tenho-me concentrado mais em Greyhawk.

which translates to

Hi everyone, I am portuguese, a big fan of Birthright and role-playing games in general. I've played in Cerilia with AD&D 2nd Ed rules, but strange as it may seem I've reverted to an even older set of rules, Chivalry & Sorcery 2nd ed. It's been a few years since I've played in Cerilia, though, I've been focusing in Greyhawk.

:)

There are fans about everywhere in the world. I have to say that some of the work fandom has been doing is awesome - I've recently convinced a few friends to start a 3rd ed campaign in Birthright with the D20 book in the downloads section - they were quite impressed with it and loved the setting. I am planning on being a player soon.

Best

José de Freitas
Portugal

Mojczak
08-03-2008, 12:40 AM
Triste que les posts en français datent de 2004 :P.
Si ça existe encore faites signe. Heh.

Un autre québécois plein d'marde et de régionalismes.

-------------translated----------------
Sad that posts in french date back from 2004 :P
If that still exists manifest yourselves! Heh.

Another "plein d'marde"(full-o-shi t) Quebecer with loads of regionalisms.

Thelandrin
08-03-2008, 09:28 PM
Not to sound like an arsewipe, but considering that this is an English-language forum (whether British, American, Commonwealth or other), please ensure that all posts here are either in English or provide a thorough translation alongside.

Getters
08-05-2008, 02:33 PM
Thelandrin stop being such a stiff neck.
It just a bit of fun nothing more it not like ever one was doing it.
stop over reacting.

oll
11-04-2008, 02:19 PM
"Bonjour, c'est de nouveau moi"
(Hello, it's me again)

I still play in Cerilia with the third (3.5) edition now. I run the "Shackled city" campaign from Paizo in Rheulgard (Brechtur) and post reports or other articles on my blog :

http://oll.free.fr/ShackledCity/

It's in french with some photos and drawings.

Birthright rules !
Bye.

Fearless_Leader
05-16-2009, 06:23 PM
I really haven't posted in a long time, but I thought this thread needed some updating.

Yahoo Geocities is closing down later this year. Many of the oldest Birthright sites were established on Geocities, as it was the main source for free websites back in the early days. As such, a large number of the sites on my old links site will be lost. Indeed, the links page itself will be going away.

I can migrate the links page itself over to a different server (something that should have been a long time ago, since geocities hasn't been a good site for many years). However, if you're still interested in the material on those old websites, I would suggest visiting them and saving the material to your hard drive.

SirRobin
05-16-2009, 06:36 PM
Its been quite a while since I perused the link pages so I probably should save some of that stuff before it vanishes into the ether.

I waited too long for Crimson Skies and lost a lot of good stuff.

Rey
05-17-2009, 09:39 AM
Yahoo Geocities began closing down some time ago, if I recall correctly. Anyway, just a couple of days ago, I ran through some old articles I saved from their web in web page format and I have to say, with great sadness, that some of those are now lost. I had no other choice but to delete them, since it had no sense in keeping them and as for the others that are still working, I've decided to copy/paste them to a document. It will have to wait due to some personal pressing matters at this moment.
It's a shame, I found many pages on the web about birthright. Some I've documented, some saved as web pages and some as bookmarks, but I fear that only the first option will still work, at least for a while longer.