Chioran
03-08-2002, 03:28 AM
Sign me up. When do we get started?!

Lord Shaene
03-08-2002, 12:57 PM
Porbably when it gets released in the summer

blitzmacher
03-09-2002, 01:09 AM
Thats if it comes out in the summer. Hopefully it hasn't seen its shadow.

Chioran
03-11-2002, 05:12 PM
Orginally posted by Lord Shaene

Porbably when it gets released in the summer

Actually, we may be able to get early access. We would need to contact marketing at BioWare and work it out.

I'd be willing if there is strong enough interest.

Chioran
03-20-2002, 02:14 AM
http://nwn.stratics.com/content/community/...002hoclog.shtml (http://nwn.stratics.com/content/community/hoclogs/03142002hoclog.shtml)

Mark_Aurel
03-23-2002, 04:30 PM
Sounds cool to me - I've played lots of multiplayer computer games, anyway.

Chioran
03-29-2002, 01:43 AM
Updated as of 3/25 you can pre-order NWN and they have a movie preview you can download.

scotchco
04-16-2002, 07:28 PM
Hi,
you already have specific ideas how to handle e.g. Death, Resurrection, Religion, etc.?

Regards,
scotchco

Azatenari
06-20-2002, 06:58 PM
I will be starting work on a Birthright module tonight. Will post updates as I continue. If you have any questions about it or want to submit some ideas send me an e-mail azatenari@lupissoft.com.

Azatenari
06-24-2002, 07:05 PM
Well work is underway. Mind you this is using the version 3.08 conversion to 3rd Edition that was available for download here.

The current development cycle for this is as follows. I plan on starting with Talinie (no particular reason why..).

1. I will be doing a module that only has an area based on the capital town.

2. Play testing and bug fixing there.

3. Expanding to each province another area and play testing each one.

4. When that domain is finished incorporating a second domain possibly Boeruine and adding domain/domain functionality and story plots, etc.

5. Lots of play testing to do here depending on how plot will work.

6. Onward to hopefully encompass all of Anuire for starters.

Please let me know your thoughts on this.

Azatenari
06-25-2002, 04:03 PM
I am not sure who is actually working on other parts of this, but here is today's update.

1. The Rose Tower in Talinie is completed.
2. Still populating with more NPC's and objects.
3. Will be looking for possible plots from people to throw into this area, otherwise I could probably pull some items from the Domain Sourcebook...

Few modifications I didn't mean "one" area for the entire city. Its going to be multiple areas depending on what part of the city you are entering for instance.

Rose Palace = 3 Areas
Outside Palace = 1 Area
Still haven't calculated areas for town.

Azatenari
06-26-2002, 02:01 PM
Here we go again :)

The Rose Tower is now completely filled. Still need some dialogue scripts, etc. But for the most part you can venture around a little bit in side.

I am now working on the land around the castle for another area that will be in the same thing. Layout is just about done, along with some content.

Azatenari
06-27-2002, 03:42 PM
Next we have a city!! The area surrounding the Rose Palace is now finished.

Well there is a lot to do with the actual town to get all the areas around the Rose Palace in place, so I won't post every day as I work on that.

Will be out of town for the rest of this week through the weekend, if anyone would like to maybe play test a portion of the module in the next week or two please let me know. I would like to get some feedback on the parts that I do have finished.

Mind you actual scripts are not in place yet, just the setting/objects. I would prefer to set it up so any DM can just possess the people and continue, or code their own scripting according to their design.

For my server however I will be working on the scripting when I finish this first city for a little bit before I move onto the rest of the domain.

Have a great weekend :)

Raesene Andu
06-28-2002, 01:32 PM
Hmm, I don't have a copy yet. I think the game is being released next week in Australia, although one store said they would have it today.

Depending on how hard it is to use the toolset, I'll probably release a couple of modules for play, including my College of Sorcery adventure, which is large enough to keep everyone interested for a while.

As I mentioned I don't have the game yet, so not sure how this all works, but the College of Sorcery adventure will include one section of the Imperial City (Wizard's Isle) as well as the ruins of the old college of sorcery (1 above ground level, but 11 underground levels of the dungeon. Also it will mainly be a puzzle type adventure rather than combat, although combat will be included.

Azatenari, I can give you some assistance with plot ideas, etc if you want. I'm good at coming up with ideas. e-mail me at hoss@chariot.net.au if you want me assistance. I look forward to seeing what you have come up with.

scotchco
06-29-2002, 08:29 AM
Hi there,
we're still working on Roesone, still trying to get a grip on the editor. But the first scripts are already being prepared.

We'll start out with the small town of Buineridge, based on "Secret of Bone Hill" Restenford, from there build the rest of the country, than further on.

Our Test Server should be online/available about next week.

I think we'd be interested in swapping Cerilia-based Modules with anyone interested, thus we should be able to get the whole continent together, sooner or later.

Regards,
scotchco

Azatenari
07-03-2002, 02:52 PM
HEYA Everyone!

Back from vacation, which was excellent, needed the lil break. Back to the development again.

Current Status:

Castle done, populated, still needs a few NPC's from first testing, needs a few small plots throughout.

Outside Castle done, populated. Still working on NPC's, etc.

Market place has been started.

Current Objectives for the end of the week:
Caste/Outside Castle/Marketplace/Living quarters designed.
Begin populating all and adding some scripts for plots.

Now I have been going over the 3rd Ed Conversion, and will be trying to program some scripts based on that to give abilities, etc. I may have to put the actual design of Talinie on hold while I work on the scripts for a while.

Laters Everyone.

P.S. Raesene Andu and scotcho, I would be happy to share some scripts between all of us, etc when we have some things finished to help each other out. As well as plot ideas, etc.

Raesene Andu
07-04-2002, 08:54 AM
I've started work on my module, which will be set in the Imperial City (one island of the city, not the whole city) and be based around the college of sorcery.

I'm still playing the single player game of NWN at the moment, but I plan to get to work on the module soon. I've only had a quick play around with the toolset so far, and the mapping doesn't look too difficult, so I'll see what I can come up with.

Planned features of the College of Sorcery module, include
- Blood Powers (if I can work out a way of implementing them)
- A huge underground dungeon
- Cameo appearances by a couple of famous NPCs (perhaps even an awnsheghlien or two)
- and more.

PCyric
07-14-2002, 10:58 AM
I am also interested in creating modules in the NWN. I will buy it during the next 10 days, and create modules for the Khinashi and the Vosgaard (I will also try for Realms).
See ya.

Birthright-L
07-14-2002, 01:04 PM
I own such a game.
I would much like this.
Terence

The Birthright Homepage: http://www.birthright.net
To unsubscribe, send email to LISTSERV@ORACLE.WIZARDS.COM
with UNSUB BIRTHRIGHT-L in the body of the message.

Azatenari
07-24-2002, 06:32 PM
Well its been a little while since I've posted an update. Sorry about those who have been following the status.

I am still working on the scripts, and Talinie. Unfortuantely for the moment things have been put on hold for a few weeks as I am job searching and moving :). I will post an update when I am back into the mix of things and give the status of the project then.

Raesene Andu
07-25-2002, 07:45 AM
My module is proceeding well, although there is still a lot of work to do before it is ready for release. Currently it stands at 25 areas, but I imagine that it will grow to well over a hundred before it is complete.

I have finished the maps for the city (7 in total), most of the college of sorcery (I've done the library, masters hall, studens hall and the teaching halls, but haven't done the master's homes, any of the ruins, or Moerel's tower). Also the two main inns, and three temples have been mostly completed. Currently, I'm just adding in NPCs, conversations, quests, special features, etc, and it is starting to look quite nice.

I should have a release version for play in a couple of weeks.

Lord Grave
07-26-2002, 12:38 PM
> Raesene Andu wrote:
> My module is proceeding well, although there is still a lot
> of work to do before it is ready for release. Currently it
> stands at 25 areas, but I imagine that it will grow to well
> over a hundred before it is complete.
>
> I have finished the maps for the city (7 in total), most of
> the college of sorcery (I`ve done the library, masters hall,
> studens hall and the teaching halls, but haven`t done the
> master`s homes, any of the ruins, or Moerel`s tower). Also
> the two main inns, and three temples have been mostly
> completed. Currently, I`m just adding in NPCs,
> conversations, quests, special features, etc, and it is
> starting to look quite nice.
>
> I should have a release version for play in a couple of weeks.

Is it going to be free download or official release?

So, you will not continue the College of Sorcery PBeM?

The Birthright Homepage: http://www.birthright.net
Birthright-l Archives: http://oracle.wizards.com/archives/birthright-l.html
To unsubscribe, send email to LISTSERV@ORACLE.WIZARDS.COM
with UNSUB BIRTHRIGHT-L in the body of the message.

odintsaq
06-11-2003, 12:14 PM
;) Count me in
Odin

marcum uth mather
06-18-2003, 04:04 AM
me to ;)

never winter is the best game for role players. i was also wondering how will the mods be offered?

lightbringer
08-26-2003, 01:05 PM
Is anyone still working on birthright modules for nwn? I realize this thread is quite old... I'd be happy to playtest and/or offer suggestions or comments to others or share ideas if they want it. I'm currently working on my own nwn birthright mod set in elinie, and hope to work on a birthright pw some time in the future, unless the guys from the birthright guild over at nwn.bioware.com do one. yes, there's a guild for birthright on nwn, although it doesn't seem to have many members.

Osprey
08-27-2003, 06:41 PM
personally, I'd love to see the folks at Creative Design do a Birthright: Total War game. The framework would overlay incrediblly well, and the real-time battles, if done with the same quality standards as Medieval Total War, would be awesome battle simulators. In particular, one could use the engine as an actual battlesystem for a tabletop (or even PBEM, if everyone had the game and multiplayer capability) battlesystem simulator. The Total War stats convert pretty easily to the BR unit stats.

Ah, one can dream...

Osprey

Airgedok
09-09-2003, 01:30 AM
yes I'm intrested too. It appears that the intrest in a NWN birthright died before conception.

lightbringer
09-09-2003, 08:30 PM
Airgedok you should check out the birthright guild over at nwn.bioware.com it's kind of slow but they are working on stuff, as am I, tho I'm stalling right now due to Uni.

It's very unfortunate that interest in this died.. Birthright is a great setting and having a bunch of NWN mods for it could promote it further.

RaspK_FOG
05-02-2004, 11:25 PM
I may have my objections concerning the AI created for your henchman (apart from the odd bug of maximum 14th-16th level - What was it? - even if you were 20th level; and I did NOT cheat on this!) and various other tidbits, but the game is very interesting otherwise...

I would really like to see a BR module for NWN, especially if one can figure out how to minimise the XP awards for defeating monsters and giving proper XP for domain actions; can you imagine a fully fledged role-playing-oriented engine? :)