PDA

View Full Version : Chap 1 paladin alignments

irdeggman
04-26-2004, 10:58 AM
Based on rethinking what people have been commenting about and the fact that UA has now opened up the path for paladins to have different alignments here is a poll.

If paladins are to have the same alignment as their patron deity then some 'guidelines' on their codes of conduct will need to be included. I will be looking for write-ups from people on this one. How the different sects (i.e., temples) interpret/apply this code will be covered in the Atlas under the description of the sects/temples themselves.

There is really no room for a variant in this discussion, at least not one to be included in the BRCS. It is either one way or the other and any changes from the BRCS can/will have to be made at the house-rules level.

The key to the poll is as follows (deities abbreviated to allow the choices to fit in the poll):

H - Haelyn
N - Nesirie
A - Avani
C - Cuircean

Caution If you null vote to see the results, you will indeed be able to see the poll results but you will not be able to cast a vote.

Osprey
04-26-2004, 09:56 PM
Just goes to show...first isn't always best. B)

RaspK_FOG
04-26-2004, 10:00 PM
Well, code of conduct write-ups are easier than whole class write-ups, so await these in a couple of days from my part!

Since I haven't been able to acquire the Book of Priestcraft (being a Greek and all), I will 1st download the PDF from SVGames and then make up the write-ups, OK? Thank you for being considerate.

irdeggman
05-10-2004, 09:39 AM
Time to close this poll. The results are:

What align should BR paladins be?
1. The same as the original BR (all LG except Cuiracean - CG). [ 4 ] [33.33%]
2. The same as their deity (H - LG, N - NG, A - LN and C - CG) [ 8 ] [66.67%]
3. Abstain [ 0 ] [0.00%]

Now this I forsee a major change in Avani's paladins because of this. She is Lawful Neutral and hence to keep in close proximity to her alignment her paladins will not be able to have the good aligned abilities like smite evil, etc.

Rasp I'm still waiting on you. I have received no paladin write ups whatsoever. :(