PDA

View Full Version : Chap 1 revised Humans

irdeggman
04-18-2004, 08:46 PM
After the discussion on demihumans I decided that maybe a poll was necessary.

Note that if the ability modifier option is used then the demihuman modifiers will end up doubled to maintain the same ratio (e.g., dwarves end up with +4 Con/-4 Dex, for example)

CAUTION If you null vote to see the results, you will indeed be able to see the poll results but you will not be able to cast a vote.

RaspK_FOG
04-18-2004, 11:28 PM
I will insist in my opinion that humans should have a broad list of classes to select as their favoured as soon as they gain a level in any of them according to the sub-race they belong to; cleric and fighter should be available to all sub-races, but the church to which the cleric can belong is not the same (for example: Rjurik - Cleric (Erik), Druid, Fighter, Ranger). Some regions would of-course be more lax on this matter.

irdeggman
04-19-2004, 09:38 AM
RaspK_FOG

I didn't specifically include this option since very few people have brought it up. But I did include the other as a means of capturing it.

One comment it would seem to be that the Vos would be much more likely to have barbarians than fighters as a preferred class. So instead you should probably make it all demihumans have a warrior type class (barbarian, fighter, paladin or ranger) and a cleric (religion limiting) class in their list. Also Rjurik would definitely have barbarian on their list (not the city dwellers, but the roaming Rjuriks).

RaspK_FOG
04-19-2004, 10:04 PM
Good points, really... I had actually chosen already when I made the post (backgroung skills at 1st level and minimal bonus on saving throw). It was just that I wanted to make my point anyway, since I would not be able to do so otherwise.

irdeggman
04-20-2004, 06:17 PM
Please if you vote something else, make a post to help capture what that something else should be :(

RaspK_FOG
04-21-2004, 11:21 AM
That wasn't me! :lol:

However, could you remember that I had something else in mind when the poll finishes (no that it will matter anyway, as it seems...)?

First Horseman
04-21-2004, 06:39 PM
I voted something else because I didn't see an option that would fit the vote.
I think that a conbination of option 1, 2, and 4. would work best, I don't think the demiraces need to limit the feats they can choose. background skill would futher represent some specific training, but I belive it would work best on the basis of the of the region and the class. For example a Elf Fighter from Rhuobhe the Manslayer's relm sould be able to recieve the Survial skill to track down all the humans they might still hunt. They should be allowed to choose any feat they can obtain. But it should be limited on how the feat can be obtained, where it could be obtain and of course only by the GM's choice and permision.

First Horseman

RaspK_FOG
04-21-2004, 10:39 PM
:blink:

Ming I
04-21-2004, 11:31 PM
Is this a poll for demihumans or a poll for humans, whose results could spill over to affect demihumans (ability score modifiers)? I wonder because 3 of the 4 initial options only seem to affect humans.

irdeggman
04-22-2004, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by Ming I@Apr 21 2004, 06:31 PM
Is this a poll for demihumans or a poll for humans, whose results could spill over to affect demihumans (ability score modifiers)? I wonder because 3 of the 4 initial options only seem to affect humans.
My bad - poor choice of words. This is for the human subraces - which was the topic that I had brought up on another thread. There was very little discussion concerning the elves/dwarves and halflings so the assumption is that people were mostly OK with them at this point.

Azulthar
04-22-2004, 03:40 PM
Humans should only have to spend their initial 4 bonus skill points on regional skills.

An option I personally like is that humans must either take a regional feat at 1st level OR spend their 4 bonus skill points on regional skills at 1st level. Player's choice. This way you enforce some regional flavor, but the player can choose to either 'sacrifice' skill points or a feat. Probably too much fuss for a standard rule, though.

Humans should get the +1 bonus to a save, though. Playing a human should be even more encouraged in Birthright than in standard D&D, IMO.

- Azulthar

First Horseman
04-22-2004, 04:14 PM
OOPs! MYBAD!. Now that I know what the poll is on the Human Subraces I guess my previus vote is invalid. Sorry about that. If I were allowed to recast my vote I would vote for option six, a combination of using the background skill method and the Require them to use the human feat on the background feat.

Again I'm sorry I screwed up, sorry .

First Horseman.

irdeggman
04-23-2004, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Azulthar@Apr 22 2004, 10:40 AM
Humans should only have to spend their initial 4 bonus skill points on regional skills.
- Azulthar
I'd already covered that one in another thread and said it should only require the use of the 4 starting skill points humans get and not the bonus one at each additional level. :D

irdeggman
05-03-2004, 09:37 AM
I'm closing this poll. Here are the results:

Chap 1 revised Humans
1. Use the background skill method (in revised Chap 1) [ 4 ] [21.05%]
2. Use a +1 bonus to saves (race specific) [ 0 ] [0.00%]
3. Require them to use human feat on background feat [ 1 ] [5.26%]
4. Use ability modifiers (+/- 2) [ 1 ] [5.26%]
5. Combo of 1 & 2 [ 6 ] [31.58%]
6. Combo of 1 & 3 [ 3 ] [15.79%]
7. Combo of 2 & 3 [ 1 ] [5.26%]
8. Combo of 1, 2 and 3 [ 1 ] [5.26%]
9. Something else [ 2 ] [10.53%]
10. Abstain [ 0 ] [0.00%]
Total Votes: 19

So it looks like the human subraces will be rewritten to include the background skills and a +1 to saving throws.