PDA

View Full Version : Awnsheghlien/Ehrsheghlien

anacreon
03-22-2004, 03:36 PM
Woudn't it be better to follow Savage Species rules for bloodform, than the rather overly complicated system given by the BECS playtest?

irdeggman
03-22-2004, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by anacreon@Mar 22 2004, 10:36 AM
Woudn't it be better to follow Savage Species rules for bloodform, than the rather overly complicated system given by the BECS playtest?
Which rules from Savage Species?

While I like SS a lot, it doesn't give real detailed info on things other than some specific monsters.

Some how the type of transformation needs to be addressed, that is what form of creature is the scion becoming? Once that is done then certain abilities/physical transformations can be 'linked' to it. Hence some sort of 'generic' table for different degrees of transformation needs to addressed, IMO.

RaspK_FOG
03-23-2004, 06:57 AM
I think the reference to SS is in regard to the rituals that can transform you into a beastie... In any case, a generic table would be rather difficult, don't you think?

irdeggman
03-23-2004, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by RaspK_FOG@Mar 23 2004, 01:57 AM
In any case, a generic table would be rather difficult, don't you think?
Which is why this subject is harder to handle than it appears on the surface. ;)

RaspK_FOG
03-24-2004, 12:23 AM
I think the best tool for the individual DM here can be only the oldest and most reliable tool DM's ever had: their judgement. Even SS makes it clear that adjudication must take place after you actually design a race/monster/template/[whatever]!

Osprey
03-24-2004, 02:09 AM
Whatever system is decided upon (and I didn't the think the BRCS system was all that bad, actually), can we make certain that any sample awnshegh and ershegh in the BRCS AND in the Atlas are consistent, using the system described? That would be very much appreciated.