PDA

View Full Version : Tables and templates

Sorontar
11-09-2011, 12:41 AM
I am still trying to learn all the new wiki formatting commands. I'm afraid to say I am finding the update a lot less friendly.

One of the problems I have run into is templates like the Creature Table or Monster Table (cf. Cockatrice). This seems to not be working as the content of the template doesn't show on the page in any form. I don't have the time to try to nut this one out, so I thought I would post it here.

Sorontar

BRadmin
11-09-2011, 02:07 AM
I am still trying to learn all the new wiki formatting commands. I'm afraid to say I am finding the update a lot less friendly.

actually they are not much different, but indeed getting used to.
I actually find tables easier to handle then before.

One of the problems I have run into is templates like the Creature Table or Monster Table (cf. Cockatrice). This seems to not be working as the content of the template doesn't show on the page in any form. I don't have the time to try to nut this one out, so I thought I would post it here.

oh yes, please dont touch those!

the creature tables have some old variable scripts in it. those arent working in the new wiki software.
I am gonna have to re-write those templates.
those are on my soon-todo list. tomorrow is importing the old MPGN list first (13500 new posts!!!), then i start working on the monster tables/ npc output etc

BRadmin
11-09-2011, 02:14 AM
i made a small quick fix to the monstertable (ie copied the source from creature)
Atleast it is showing something now.. will fix the little bugs later

AndrewTall
11-09-2011, 06:13 PM
I am gonna have to re-write those templates.
those are on my soon-todo list. tomorrow is importing the old MPGN list first (13500 new posts!!!), then i start working on the monster tables/ npc output etc

Ah, the apparent thread necromancy elsewhere is explained. I presume that we all agree not to respond / moderate the 'mpgn' forum then?

BRadmin
11-09-2011, 06:19 PM
Ah, the apparent thread necromancy elsewhere is explained. I presume that we all agree not to respond / moderate the 'mpgn' forum then?

well, i dont mind if somehow topics are revived, the mpgn list contains a lot of good stuff.
I think i have set the forum on not alowed to post new posts, but you and me are mods so we are able to post everywhere, thats why you could reply.

Also, the mean time i am running the script, it also checks the DB if a poster has a user account here on BRnet (not waterproof since people could hace registered with another email).
All other posters are Listed as GUEST on the contrary of emails that are posting on the current birthright-l list.

AndrewTall
11-09-2011, 06:26 PM
ok, I'll try to restrain myself though to avoid winding up Thelandrin :D

I seem to be posting duplicate posts today for some reason though, don't think I'm doing anything unusual.

BRadmin
11-09-2011, 06:30 PM
ok, I'll try to restrain myself though to avoid winding up Thelandrin :D

I seem to be posting duplicate posts today for some reason though, don't think I'm doing anything unusual.

yes i have noticed that.. i think it had to do with the quickreply which i enabled a few days ago.. every time i use it my browser asks if i want to leave the page or not.. by choosing yes it is posted double.

i already disabled the quickreply functionality

AndrewTall
11-09-2011, 06:47 PM
That would explain it. I'm not quite sure what the 'quick reply' did differently from the 'standard reply' but if getting rid of it solves the problem then I'll stick to the old-fashioned way :)

Thelandrin
11-10-2011, 12:07 AM
You're a very bad man, Andrew! :)

I had wondered what the surge in thread necromancy was caused by.