PDA

View Full Version : Heartless Wastes

TheChamberlain
01-07-2002, 03:50 PM
Put simply.......is it any good?

I'd love to hear your opinions

Lord Eldred
01-08-2002, 01:52 AM
Put simply...I am not sure what it even is...

blitzmacher
01-08-2002, 02:03 AM
It is the expansion into the Vosgaard realms, pretty much the same as Havens of the Great Bay, Cities of the Sun, and the Rjurik Highlands.

Lord Eldred
01-08-2002, 03:05 AM
DO you know where I could get my hands on it and is it any good?

blitzmacher
01-08-2002, 03:41 AM
I got mine from ebay. I liked it, it gives a lot of useful information on the Vos as well. The downside of it is that it was published with money saving in mind. It comes with a dm secrets booklet and a players booklet inside a booklet cover. Also in the cover is a map of Vosgaard and warcards.

Riegan Swordwraith
01-08-2002, 06:17 AM
Money saving as in it cost WotC less to produce but they charged the same amount for the finished product.

Howeever complaints aside it is well worth getting even if you only plan on using it as resource material.I need to "reaquire" the BR expansion stuff.Lot of it got stolen.....Those b#st#rds!!!!!!

Bryon
01-08-2002, 02:46 PM
I would have to agree that this is an excellent resource book. Not many realms are open to players, but the ones that are open offer alot of challenge.

If you can get it I would say go for it, since I plan on going in a larger PBeM as the DM for Vosgraad. ;)

Leland
01-10-2002, 04:00 AM
I got mine on E-bay some time ago for $15! Woo-Hoo! I think its pretty cool and it has a lot of good adventure hooks in it.

Leland

Master Dao Rin
01-10-2002, 04:28 AM
Simply put, it is excellent. Buy it. :)

NG_WoW_DM
01-11-2002, 11:29 PM
I would recommend this product without hesitation (much like the other regional expansions).

Heartless Wastes was excellent in that it gave me an understanding of the Vos culture that I didn't really have. I'm sorry to say that before TotHW, I viewed the Vos as rampaging barbarians, which is a great injustice.

Also, most of the realms open to players face challenges which should keep them busy for a long time, unlike some other countries in other expansions, that had nothing to do but expand...

Vordhuine Alam
01-22-2002, 06:37 PM
In response to Lord Eldred's question there appears to be a copy for sale at www.nobleknight.com

...and like everyone else I would recommend it. Most of the PC realms are reformers who have to contend with the churches and the bulk of the traditionalist Vos culture, even aside from some of the most powerful humanoid realms and one of the most powerful awnsheghlien.

Green Knight
02-05-2002, 11:27 AM
Clearly the best of the Cerilia series. Ed Stark captures the mood of BR like none other: the King of the Downs is another Stark product.

Finkin Swiftfingers
02-16-2002, 06:48 AM
I recently recieved my copy from www.nobleknight.com and I must say, this is a must buy. I really am enjoying the "feeling" I am getting for this part of the world. It really has a lot going for it.

The only downside is that you can tell the quality of the product is a little lacking. There is no box for this expansion set and the map is really disappointing. The other expansions were almost twice as big and on better, thicker paper. I really think the map looks a little too condensed.

Like I said though, this is a great book and if you do not have it...you should consider getting it!

Andy
02-22-2002, 03:14 AM
Heartless Wastes is by far the BEST expansion thingy put out by TSR. Sure, it isnt as shiny and the war cards aren't die cut. But seperate DM and Players books are so great, they really make Vosgaard more mysterious for players, as it should be. There is no end to the oppertunities for regent or adventurers in Vosgaard. Most neighbors are powerful and few are friendly, so expansion is almost a nonoption. Just an amazing piece of work.

Lord Eldred
02-22-2002, 10:03 PM
Thanks Alam

Temujin
03-02-2002, 07:06 PM
Yes, the Vosgaard expansion is awesome to say the least. While I generally liked most regional expansions, the Vos one was something which I appreciated a lot in particular, because it involves a lot of challenge, it is a harsh setting, and particularly, because each realms and domains are unique. Simply put, buy it.