PDA

View Full Version : Now I know how you all

Eisel Miloh
01-07-2002, 02:41 PM
get so many posts! You sit around drinking all day! Can a mere commoner join this exalted group? Jeepers, Abbesses, Princesses, Lords, Lawgivers . . . Is a tavern owner alllowed???

Abbess Allessandra
01-07-2002, 03:32 PM
Sure thing without you we wouldn't have a place to get away from all the people trying to "help" us through our day to day activities. (Join us in the general chit chat)

Eisel Miloh
01-07-2002, 07:10 PM
Clicked new thread, instead of add reply.

Busy day, not paying attention.

Lord Eldred
01-08-2002, 01:39 AM
Did someone say tavern owner? How do you do Eisel, I am Lord Eldred, frequent patron of taverns. I would be delighted if you invited me to yours for some free ale! :P

Eisel Miloh
01-08-2002, 02:00 PM
I would be most pleased to have you join me for an ale at my tavern, the Rising Moon in Port Fornd. Unfortunately, I am presently locked in the cellar. You see, I live in the fair city of Braeme and have a tavern there as well. A man named Grog manages the Rising Moon for me, but I am afraid he has turned against me for when I went to collect my rents and monies, he had his men take me forcibly and lock me in his office. Now I hear sounds of combat above, and fear for my life.
http://pub16.ezboard.com/bcityofbraeme
However, if you are not afraid, do stop by anytime.

Abbess Allessandra
01-10-2002, 01:40 AM
Very well we will when we are by your way. Stay safe and it wouldn't hurt to pray to your god(s)

Eisel Miloh
01-10-2002, 01:52 PM
and by the grace of Ruornil, I was rescued yesterday by a priestess, a thieving sailor and a lady of questionable virtue. I shall live to open another tavern yet!

Lord Shaene
01-11-2002, 07:35 PM
Perhaps your next tavern should be called The Cellar, so you remember not to trust people to much to run your establishments.

brownie
01-13-2002, 04:44 AM
Yes you can frequent the bar and own the bar. That is fine but no one seems to notice the person in the dark corner drinking som ale and flipping a coin with one hand. Just ease dropping in on your juicey conversations so they can be used for information in the future orused against you. Lets hear your tales so us mysteries of the dark can use the knowlegde to become all powerful. We know that kings think the run things but we know my guilds run the cities. We are known as the Black Hand. Once i find out you are not very important at all you will be killed and no one will know of me once again.

hehehehe cant you tell i love the thieves. I like to play thieves and guilders. I do it well and with lots of convidence.

Lord Eldred
01-13-2002, 01:38 PM
Lord Shaene is Brownie one of yours? He seems to be cut from the same clothe as most your men. Abbess, you would do well to keep an eye on him!

brownie
01-14-2002, 12:56 AM
I am no ones man. I am myself and do what i think is right for me at any given time. If you think you can keep an eye on me then try but dont blink for an instant or you might just lose what you are looking for.

Lord Eldred
01-14-2002, 02:01 AM
If that were true you wouldn't be a member of the Black Hand! ;)

Lawgiver
01-14-2002, 04:12 AM
[Mumbling to himself... ]A dagger in your eye, ought to solve the entire problem...

Lord Shaene
01-14-2002, 11:51 AM
Of course no one notices you brownie, except that is one of your kind, which is why you would not be in the tavern very long if you did no go see the proper authorities and pay your dues to the local thieves guild. since this is not an area controlled by the black hand

brownie
01-15-2002, 03:32 AM
Yes i just might but i did not think there was a worthy guild here. JOKING I thought you might want to come over to the proper guilds pointed eared one. However i will respect your guild and here is a few GP's and maybe if i can gain an audiance with an elder we can start a nice little trade route. Why should be both not profit from our meeting.

Lord Shaene
01-15-2002, 05:12 PM
Perhaps i could set-up a meeting with you, where abouts do you propose a trade route from?

brownie
01-15-2002, 11:22 PM
My guild has connections and trade routes all over. Maybe we can both prosper from some trade of goods and some trade of info. You can never have to much info. But lets leave that talk when we are alone. I think some people already know to much about some of our discussions.

Lord Eldred
01-16-2002, 02:11 AM
Orginally posted by brownie

Yes i just might but i did not think there was a worthy guild here. JOKING I thought you might want to come over to the proper guilds pointed eared one. However i will respect your guild and here is a few GP's and maybe if i can gain an audiance with an elder we can start a nice little trade route. Why should be both not profit from our meeting.

Lord Shaene was he talking to you when he was saying pointed eared one? ::picks up his short sword and points it in the direction of Brownie:: Do you have something against my friends with pointed ears and while Lord Shaene is my friend, he is not one with pointed ears! By the way have you looked at your ears lately ::lowers his swords and starts laughing:: I just realized that it would be doubtful given your race that you would be making fun of those with pointed ears! By Haelyn, I think I am a little touchy today. BARTENDER, give Brownie hear whatever he would like to drink, I'm picking up his tab this evening.

Princess Emerald Greybear
01-22-2002, 06:31 PM
WOW! I just came from a Tavern over yonder that was.... WHOA! You where all over.. but now your.. or am I.... what the.....

*insert twilight zone music here*
::sits down at the closest table to ponder this strangness::

Sellenus
01-23-2002, 02:39 PM
Its not Twilight zone you hear M'Lady.

Its the same Elven Bard... Me.

01-25-2002, 12:58 AM
Do you know any Dwarven tunes Lord Sellenus?

Abbess Allessandra
01-25-2002, 03:11 AM
The door to the tavern opens and a young man in monk's robes walks in. He acknowledges Abbess and hands her two books," Thank you brother, may Haelyn's light shine on you. She kisses him on the forehead and sends him back to the temple. Allessandra opens one of the books and sits down by the fireplace at Lawgiver's table. "She asks Lawgiver,"Would you be so kind as to order another honey mead for me?" As she puts on a pair of reading glasses and seems to absorb the words on the page...

Lawgiver
01-25-2002, 03:32 AM
Orginally posted by Abbess Allessandra
She asks Lawgiver,"Would you be so kind as to order another honey mead for me?" As she puts on a pair of reading glasses and seems to absorb the words on the page...
[stands and moves to bar, returns momentarily with a honey mead] m'lady [handing it to the Abbess]

May I ask what you are reading? Is a tomb on how to help our freind who stumbled upon the foul beast and was imbued with a spirit of evil?

Sellenus
01-25-2002, 03:03 PM
Aye M'lady Greybeard, I do... Though most are written by me about a great Dwarven Warrior who I've adventured with (last game). Sir Glannak, Undeaths Bane, is the name I've given him in song... maybe you've heard of him?

01-25-2002, 04:01 PM
No I haven't, but please, do sing tales of your friend. I would very much like to hear about him.

Lord Eldred
02-10-2002, 06:29 PM
Sellenus, perhaps you could be commissioned to write one about the Princess here?

Sellenus
02-10-2002, 08:46 PM
It would be my honor indeed. I would like to hear of the fair Dwarven maiden's exploits, from these I could compose a song... if she would allow that is...

Lord Eldred
02-11-2002, 09:33 PM
Well Princess, what say you?

Sellenus
02-12-2002, 06:36 PM
As promised to the Dwarven Princess, here is the song of Glanak Loderr, Dwarven leader of the Company of the Blade...

There have been Dwarven Kings,
and Warrior Thanes.
But none compare
to the might of Undeath's Bane.

With claws of bone
Death attacks.
But they quickly fall
to the Warrior Glanak.

With blinding fury
and swinging steel
The Gods of death
will quickly kneel.

To Glanak Loderr, Dwarven Hero, and Undeath's Bane...

In Earthen tombs
beneath Fairfax
In the temple of Avani
the Ghouls attack.

The dead are walking
and graves defaced
As Zombies fall
they are fast replaced.

But there they rest
because there they fall.
As the Dwarven Warrior
destroys them all

He is Glanak Loderr, Dwarven Champion, and Undeath's Bane

-Sellenus Arranaseerhinue
Bard of the Blade

Lord Eldred
02-18-2002, 06:38 PM
A toast to Glanak and the Bard! :Guzzles down his pint and motions for another:

Sellenus
02-19-2002, 08:51 PM
Should I consider the Lady's silence to be a compliment?
Or perhaps she doesn't want such attention, if this is so then I must apologize.

Abbess Allessandra
02-21-2002, 01:41 AM
Good Bard,
I feel that no matter how many sermons I preach on drinking to excess her true blood always prevails. (leaning down and whispering..."Emerald wake up"
Well that is the first thing that has ever made her relax. You should be most proud kind bard. Either that or she is so touched that she has lost consciousness, but alas it is probably the ale."

Lord Eldred
02-22-2002, 09:53 PM
Either that or foul play is at hand and you have put her into a trance! Abbess are you sure we can trust this bard?

02-24-2002, 05:49 PM
*picking head up from table you notice her eyes are red* that was ::sniffle:: beautiful Lord Sellenus! I would be honored if you would compose such a beautiful song ::sniffle:: about me!

Riegan Swordwraith
02-24-2002, 07:10 PM
It must be nice for your realms to be in such a state that you may have time to sit and carouse inside a tavern.Some of us have work to do.;)

Lord Eldred
02-25-2002, 02:14 AM
Riegan if you have so much work to do then why are you listening in on our conversation? ;) Sit down. Have a drink. Bartender a drink for Riegan!

Riegan Swordwraith
02-25-2002, 02:46 AM
Better not be any of that weak beer crap either....I prefer lagers and whiskey!!!!:)

Lord Eldred
02-25-2002, 02:48 AM
A lager and Whiskey for my picky friend here!

Arlen Blaede
02-28-2002, 04:47 PM
A rather large human walks up to the table, turns a chair around and sits down, his arms across the chairback.

Well met all, I have not seen you before, but tonight we shall be friends.

Drinks for the table Barkeep, and one for the Bard to cool his lungs!

Riegan Swordwraith
02-28-2002, 04:53 PM
*Speaks to Blaede in Rjuven*

"How goes keeping Father Winter's breathe off your backside?"

Lord Eldred
02-28-2002, 10:18 PM
::Raises his pint:: To new friends!

Abbess Allessandra
03-01-2002, 01:42 AM
Well said Lord Eldred. (lifting my mead) To the start of new friendships and the strengthening of old ones!

Arlen Blaede
03-01-2002, 04:25 PM
*To Riegan in Rjuven*

It's not the cold air that bother's me for that just reminds me how hot our blood runs. What makes a mans skin chill and his blood stop in his veins are watching his friends rise from death and try to kill him.

-Grinning now- Why do you think we love life so much.

*To all in Anuirian*

Here, here!! -- Drains his pint and slams it down on the table.

Riegan Swordwraith
03-01-2002, 04:39 PM
*In Rjuven*

I have faced the undead,I have slain awnsheghlein,I have even had a tribe of orogs come pouring over me like a flood of death.But do you know what truly frightens me?One of these warm-lander nobleman's parties!!!!!

*In Anuirean*

And another to warm the blood.......*under breathe*and dull the senses.

Arlen Blaede
03-01-2002, 04:59 PM
*In Rjuven*

I especially like how the men where the dresses. First time I was at one of those parties I almost ask the lords brother for dance he looked so pretty.

*Anuirian*

Why dull the senses brother. The gods gave them to us so we could feel. <With a wind he pinches a barmaid as she goes by> And I love to feel my friends!

Riegan Swordwraith
03-01-2002, 07:56 PM
Not my senses....the senses of those who would be my enemies.

*In Rjuven*
And what of these women??I am nearly afraid to hold one for fear I may break her!Not like a tall Rjuven women with her broad hips and ample boosums.I would even take a moon-face Vos women if I could make her shut up about that ice-quenn of theirs!

Rcook12a
03-01-2002, 08:57 PM
More drinks for the women!

Arlen Blaede
03-01-2002, 09:02 PM
A toast then! To your enemies, may their wits be dull and their wits be as winter's mollasses!

*In Rjuven*
And may all your women have hips and bosums of wondrous proportions.

Riegan Swordwraith
03-01-2002, 09:48 PM
*Rjuven*

Now that is something I can drink to!!

Abbess Allessandra
03-01-2002, 10:30 PM
To Lawgiver by the fireplace...Do you understand what they are saying?....I think the drink is taking its toll one of them just pinched the serving maid.

Arlen Blaede
03-02-2002, 01:26 PM
To Riegan in Rjuven: I do believe that she thinks the drink has unmanned us my friend.

Turning to the Abbess and addressing her in Anuirian: No my dear Lady Abbess, my feet are still fleet and my wits remain unaddled. And if you would do me the honor of a dance, I shall prove it to you.

Turns to the Bard: A lively one if you please good Bard. I feel the need to turn a row or two.

Lord Eldred
03-03-2002, 01:44 PM
Lord Shaene, Arlen seems to be moving in on your wife! :)

Lawgiver
03-04-2002, 03:11 AM

To Lawgiver by the fireplace...Do you understand what they are saying?....I think the drink is taking its toll one of them just pinched the serving maid.

I heard them mention something of orogs, syrup and bossoms. Perhaps it is colder and lonelier up north than I thought...

Lord Shaene
03-05-2002, 12:06 AM
Lord Eldred!

Fear not! I am sure the man is merely trying to prove his worthiness. Besides any man that dares try to make a move on my wife will find himself in a perilous situation, not to mention facing a furious abbess allesandra and i would hate to be in that mans predicament.

Abbess Allessandra
03-05-2002, 01:20 AM
"Excuse me Lawgiver, I feel the need for some exercise. Would you save my seat?"
"Yes, I would like to dance. It has been ages since I have danced. Arlen, you will not make my husband a jealous man will you?"Glancing at Lord Eldred, " You may have the next dance!"

Arlen Blaede
03-05-2002, 04:29 PM
::Stands up from the table and takes the Abbess' hand::

No my Lady Abbess, my goal is not your heart for I can see that it is reserved for another, but only your company so that we can show my new friends that you must live life for evey moment.

::Stepping onto the dance floor with the Abbess, they swirl with the music::

Abbess Allessandra
03-06-2002, 02:04 AM
My new friend where are you from?

Arlen Blaede
03-06-2002, 06:29 PM
I am unsure of where I am from, but as for now I rule the province of Myddjarna in the Giant Downs.

And you my lady, what land released you to bless our presence here?

Abbess Allessandra
03-07-2002, 03:14 AM
"I am regent of Algale and Moriel of the United Provinces of Haelyn. I was raised to follow Haelyn and I am learning how to rule. However, I am finding that there are very few differences."

Lord Shaene
03-07-2002, 11:56 AM
(looks towards the Tavern owner) Another Pint for me Please! and refill anyone else that needs a drink at our table

Arlen Blaede
03-07-2002, 05:08 PM
You mean to say there are very few differences in following the precepts of Haelyn and the path of rulers.

I agree, if you are a just ruler, of which I have no doubt. However, there are those who rule by other rules of a nature most foul.

I myself am a ruler of a small province with evil on most sides of me. My people are fiercely independent, but thier loyalties are even stronger. Though I be not of Rjurik blood I have a Rjurik heart.

03-07-2002, 07:20 PM
*pulls out a quil and a small bit of parchment and starts to write and mummble to self*

Abbess Allessandra
03-08-2002, 01:53 AM
Arlen do you rule with a heavy hand or a kind heart?

Chioran
03-08-2002, 02:25 AM
Orginally posted by Lord Shaene

(looks towards the Tavern owner) Another Pint for me Please! and refill anyone else that needs a drink at our table

The door swings open wide slamming into the wall. A striking figure in beige and hunter green leather with matching cloak enters. Lowering the hood he shakes his long brown hair out, letting it fall about his shoulders.

with a thick gaelic accent he says
I heard Shaene was buyin, thought i better pop by before the land split open into a fiery pit.

Lord Shaene
03-08-2002, 12:34 PM
(chuckles out loud)

Chioron! Please do come sit at our table and order yourself a pint of ale or two on my tab and i assure you the land will not split open into a fiery pit.

Arlen Blaede
03-08-2002, 07:55 PM
::Grins and laughs lightly::

Let's just say that I rule as wisely as I know how, and that most of my people tend to remind me quite often, that I am not as important as I think I am. And if I were to rule with a heavy hand I would quickly see my Rjurik people leave my province empty of all but myelf.

In all honesty, I hope to one day see the Giant Downs free of their plague of undead so that most won't have to huddle inside their huts filled with fear of the night.

Sellenus
03-08-2002, 08:42 PM
Fair Dwarf Maiden, Are you by any chance jotting down the notes I will need to write your ballad? If that is so, than perhaps I could preform it tonight for this very crowd.

Lord Eldred
03-10-2002, 12:38 PM
Welcome Lord Chioran! It has been a long time since I have seen you in this tavern. Where have you been hiding yourself?

Chioran
03-11-2002, 03:03 AM
Orginally posted by Lord Eldred

Welcome Lord Chioran! It has been a long time since I have seen you in this tavern. Where have you been hiding yourself?

Here and there. I have been researching some things of tremendous interest to me. I am looking forward to presenting some items at the next council meeting,

I trust you have been well these many months.

Abbess Allessandra
03-12-2002, 02:01 AM
Arlen maybe our countries should enter into diplomatic relations. I would be willing to help your priests rid the land of the undead better yet stop the vile creature from stirring the dead. What do you think?

Lord Eldred
03-12-2002, 02:20 AM
[quote]Orginally posted by Chioran

Chioran, you should expect to be rewarded by an alignment change ;)

Chioran
03-12-2002, 02:23 AM

[quote]Orginally posted by Chioran

Chioran, you should expect to be rewarded by an alignment change ;)

Huh?

Lord Eldred
03-12-2002, 02:26 AM
Chioran your signature line says that you expect to be rewarded for acts of homicide and I said you will be rewarded through an alignment change. Pay attention!

Chioran
03-12-2002, 02:29 AM

Chioran your signature line says that you expect to be rewarded for acts of homicide and I said you will be rewarded through an alignment change. Pay attention!

I have had the same sig line for 5 months you dolt. You are just now commenting on it?

And I thought Shania was the slow witted one.

Abbess Allessandra
03-12-2002, 02:31 AM
Ouch

Lord Eldred
03-12-2002, 02:32 AM
Before the last week your posting was far and few between and could have been very easy to miss. Lately you have gone hog wild and you just couldn't miss it!

A N D I A M N O T T H E S L O W O N E

Chioran
03-12-2002, 02:35 AM

Before the last week your posting was far and few between and could have been very easy to miss. Lately you have gone hog wild and you just couldn't miss it!

A N D I A M N O T T H E S L O W O N E

Look, firs you called me a pig and now a hog. I told you before it was a boar! A wild boar!

C O U L D H A V E F O O L E D M E

Lord Eldred
03-12-2002, 02:42 AM
I think you have the wrong kind of boar. It should be you are a wild bore! An oxymoron even!

FEAR THE ALIGNMENT CHANGE!?

Chioran
03-12-2002, 02:46 AM

I think you have the wrong kind of boar. It should be you are a wild bore! An oxymoron even!

FEAR THE ALIGNMENT CHANGE!?

I thought we covered this in another thread. Me Boar. You Bore. You should talk about being an oxymoron, Mr. Military Intelligence.

I G O T Y O U R A L I G N M E N T C H A N G E R I G H T H E R E

Abbess Allessandra
03-12-2002, 02:48 AM
I can see you are a bit tied up here Eldred. Lord Shaene would you entertain your wife and have a dance?

Lord Eldred
03-12-2002, 03:21 AM
Someone tied me up? Does this mean things are going to get kinky?

Lord Shaene
03-12-2002, 03:27 AM
Of course i will entertain you with a dance,hopefully the bard will play another song

Riegan Swordwraith
03-12-2002, 04:36 AM
*In Rjuven while shaking his head*

These Anuireans are all mad.....why in a orogs eye did we ever enter into an alliance with them?And most of these are my neighbors.....A most sobering thought.

Chioran
03-12-2002, 11:39 AM

Wait, let me get a whip.

Sellenus
03-12-2002, 04:08 PM
Of course I will sing for you my friend... This is turning into an intersesting evening...

Riegan Swordwraith
03-12-2002, 05:03 PM
*As everyone's attention is drawn towards the entangled Lord Eldred,and the music of the skald reverbates through the crowd,Riegan stands up,and as quietly as a stalking snow leopard,disappears back into the night.*

03-13-2002, 03:21 PM
Orginally posted by Sellenus

Fair Dwarf Maiden, Are you by any chance jotting down the notes I will need to write your ballad? If that is so, than perhaps I could preform it tonight for this very crowd.

Well... if you insist! ::jots down a few notes and hands them to Sellenus::

03-13-2002, 03:28 PM
Lord Eldred is tied up!?!? ::quickly adjust armor:: This I gotta see!

Abbess Allessandra
03-14-2002, 12:28 AM

wow you really need to go see your friend at the tavern. I meant you were busy with Chioran arguing with you

Lord Eldred
03-14-2002, 01:16 AM
It is a long time since I have seen my Lady but it is a long travel and I have had much to drink. Come to think of it my pint is no longer a pint! ::Sees the serving maiden:: Fill her up wench!

03-14-2002, 07:06 PM
::sits back down with a disappointed look::

Sellenus
03-14-2002, 08:52 PM
What troubles ye m'lady? I promise I will sing a song of you in short time. But first please let me sing of a story that an old friend once told me...

Like the wilting leaves
in an Autumn sun,
Another love is dying
even though its just begun

An echo whispers dying... even though its just begun

Whos at fault? No matter
I had to let her go
How could I hold such beauty?
How could she ever know?

An echo whispers beauty... You have to let it go

The night cannot hold beauty
the starlight shines on through,
Late Autumns trees free beauty
Each falling leave knew.

An echo whispers beauty... You had to let her go

Abbess Allessandra
03-15-2002, 01:41 AM
Sellenus,
Is that one from experience? Very touching indeed

Lawgiver
03-15-2002, 05:27 AM
Alas fair Sellenus you have stirred a haunting memory in my heart. If I may, let me share a verse or two of poetry I myself have composed...

My heart weighs heavy with the burdens of life.
Filled with loneliness and strife.
When she left me, my world fell apart.
Losing her was like losing my heart.

Not one day goes by I don’t think of her.
Each time I do my emotions begin to stir.
I try my best, but nothing on God’s earth can make her stay,
And no caring mother can kiss the hurt away.

I took a walk late last night,
And a vision of her came back into sight.
My mind started drifting to way back when,
And wondering what might have been.

As I stood alone, the tears began to fall.
When she left me I lost it all.
I knelt and left the flowers on her grave, whispering a final goodbye.
As I rose I asked the Lord one more time – Why?

Forgive me.
[bowing his head, he turns away solemnly and returns to his seat near the fire. He sits staring deep into the flickering flame. Its hue reflecting in his moist eyes.]

Arlen Blaede
03-15-2002, 05:09 PM

Arlen maybe our countries should enter into diplomatic relations. I would be willing to help your priests rid the land of the undead better yet stop the vile creature from stirring the dead. What do you think?

::Talking to himself after sitting down again at the table:: Offers a chance at a diplomatic venture then she leaves to go dance with her husband. Hmmm... methinks she might have other, more pressing needs in mind.

Arlen Blaede
03-15-2002, 05:12 PM
Orginally posted by Lawgiver

As I rose I asked the Lord one more time – Why?
[/i]
Forgive me.

My friend, the only answer I have been able to come up with is that she is waiting for you when your time here is done. Till then, your services are still needed by your God.

Abbess Allessandra
03-15-2002, 09:57 PM
While dancing with her husband..." You really shouldn't argue with Chioran in front of other regents. It isn't like you at all. I have offered Arlen my services to help him clear out the undead in his province. I am compelled to send them to their rest. As the dance ends she starts to go back to the table where Arlen is, as she turns to go she says " no bar fights with Chioran!"

Abbess Allessandra
03-15-2002, 10:00 PM
Arlen thank you for the dance it seems the "boys" are arguing again....Allessandra walks over to Chioran and Eldred.

Chioran you know full well I cannot disrespect the Bishop. He is semi retired by the way. I don't expect you to fully understand how the church hierarchy works. I do expect you to know that a Bishop is above an Abbey station. She turns to Eldred, Eldred I don't know who you think has been giving you mass every Sunday but it isn't the Bishop. He and his wife are out on diplomatic relations with neighboring countries. The Bishop does not vote on council any longer and that makes things a bit different than before. To the both of them, Just remember that I also have ties to Haelyn's people and specific tasks and goals at hand. Now Eldred about that dance....

I had posted this in the wrong thread...this actually goes before the first one

Riegan Swordwraith
03-16-2002, 07:22 AM
*After quietly making his way back inside*

What happened....a man walks outside for a moment and when he comes back in someone is getting a tongue-lashing from a woman.

This cannot bode well.......

Lord Eldred
03-16-2002, 12:32 PM
My Lady,

You really should check up on the Bishop since he has been back from that mission for quite some time. I am surprised he hasn't made his presence known to you Abbess. Purhaps you have fallen out of favor?

Arlen Blaede
03-17-2002, 01:14 AM
Orginally posted by Riegan Swordwraith

*After quietly making his way back inside*

What happened....a man walks outside for a moment and when he comes back in someone is getting a tongue-lashing from a woman.

This cannot bode well.......

::Addressing Riegan:: It's not abnormal for a man to receive a tongue lashing from a woman. In fact, I sometimes think it is our duty as a man considering the frequency with which it occurs.

As for the latter, it never bodes well. Why don't I buy you another drink and see if we can duck the ensuing battle.

Abbess Allessandra
03-17-2002, 01:29 AM
"Fallen out of favor?" And when was he supposed to make himself known? Really Eldred you insult me!
Turns, grabs her cloak, and says "good night to you all" and leaves....

Riegan Swordwraith
03-17-2002, 07:34 AM
*Trying not to start laughing out loud*

Someone has stepped into a pile of it........up to his hip by the looks of it!!!

Truth be told,I think women like to flay their tongues at men...If they didn't,I don't think they would be so quick to do so.

Lord Eldred
03-17-2002, 12:33 PM
A drink to Lord Shaene and his wife the Abbess! May he be able to endure her incessant tongue lashings and may she learn to take a joke!

Chioran
03-17-2002, 02:39 PM
Lord Eldred, did I hear you correctly? The bishop is back?

Lord Shaene
03-17-2002, 05:12 PM
Lord Eldred I think that perhaps your tongue has gotten ahead of your thinking, may i suggest you ask for a herbal drink next before you get out of hand.

<turns to the crowd> Farewell All and have a good night!

<turns and exits thru the door>

Lord Eldred
03-18-2002, 02:44 AM
Orginally posted by Chioran

Lord Eldred, did I hear you correctly? The bishop is back?

The Bishop is indeed back and brings news of no success!

Lord Eldred
03-18-2002, 02:47 AM

Lord Eldred I think that perhaps your tongue has gotten ahead of your thinking, may i suggest you ask for a herbal drink next before you get out of hand.

<turns to the crowd> Farewell All and have a good night!

<turns and exits thru the door>

<Jumps into the nearest serving wenches arms and yells> I am already out of hand and into the arms of this lovely lady! Farewell Lord Shaene, show your wife we love her for us!

Arlen Blaede
03-18-2002, 06:30 PM
::Grinning at the rapid departure of the blissely wedded couple::

Well, I do believe that he is going to have a more interesting night than any of us. I wish him well, and hope his battles go smoothly.

But I fear she has him outmatched.

Chioran
03-18-2002, 11:41 PM
Outmatching Shaene is no great feat. ;)

Lawgiver
03-19-2002, 05:42 AM
Orginally posted by Chioran
Outmatching Shaene is no great feat. ;)

I personally, refuse to engage a man in a battle of wits when he is unarmed. ;)

Chioran
03-19-2002, 12:10 PM

I personally, refuse to engage a man in a battle of wits when he is unarmed. ;)

Very honourable of you. If wits were appendages, not only would Shaene be unarmed, but unlegged as well. ;)

Lord Shaene
03-19-2002, 06:16 PM
Im sorry but the very fact that you choose to try and put me down to make you look better confirms that you feel inferior to me and are in truth jealous of me

Chioran
03-19-2002, 06:18 PM

Im sorry but the very fact that you choose to try and put me down to make you look better confirms that you feel inferior to me and are in truth jealous of me

Hush up. You've already left.

03-20-2002, 02:41 AM
Methinks I will hear Lord Sellenes perform the tune he has promised for me and then I shall retire for the evening. Lord Eldred, would you be so kind to walk me home after a bit? I could use the company of a good friend.

Abbess Allessandra
03-21-2002, 02:53 AM
Somewhere in your mind you hear the Abbess saying" atta girl"

Lord Eldred
04-01-2002, 02:24 PM
Orginally posted by Princess Emerald Greybeard

Methinks I will hear Lord Sellenes perform the tune he has promised for me and then I shall retire for the evening. Lord Eldred, would you be so kind to walk me home after a bit? I could use the company of a good friend.

I would be happy to! ;)

Sellenus
04-04-2002, 02:43 AM
And I would be happy to sing a song for you m'lady. However the evening is getting late and I would rather hold it until another evening... if you don't mind of course.

(I sincerely apologize for not writing one yet... I just got home from my honeymoon!!!!!)

Lord Eldred
04-04-2002, 03:47 AM

(I sincerely apologize for not writing one yet... I just got home from my honeymoon!!!!!)

Congratulations on your marriage. I hope your spouse is understanding when it comes to your passion for Birthright or does your spouse play?

Sellenus
04-05-2002, 10:11 PM
She understands my passion, but she does not share it. Our gaming group is a close circle of friends, so she and some of the other significant others share some colorful humor about our hobby. But it is all in fun of course... I hope.

Lawgiver
04-06-2002, 04:43 AM
She understands my passion, but she does not share it. Our gaming group is a close circle of friends, so she and some of the other significant others share some colorful humor about our hobby. But it is all in fun of course... I hope.

My wife's not overly keen on the idea of RPGs, but she doesn't like video games either (SHEESH!). But she is absolutely wonderful about not complaining about either of them and she is fine with me getting together with my group and playing (though its only about once every 2 months...)

By the way, congrats on the marriage! May it be long and fruitful.

Arlen Blaede
04-06-2002, 01:09 PM
Congratulations are definitely in order. May every sunrise be more beautiful than the one before it and every dusk contain the shining light of hope for the new dawn. :)

Lord Eldred
04-07-2002, 01:47 PM
My wife tolerates the game because she knows that I would be miserable without my major hobby. She however only lets me play about once a month. I get to play magic more often because I am willing to be interrupted by my children while I am playing magic and find interruptions a problem when I play Birthright.

There are two couples that play however and two couples that only one plays.

Abbess Allessandra
04-08-2002, 02:10 AM
Congratulations on the marriage.

I am in one of the couples that Lord Eldred talked about. I really enjoy having this in common with my spouse.

Lord Shaene
04-08-2002, 04:00 PM
Congrats on your marriage, Although my wife doesnt share the passion to play, she doesnt mind that i do and for that i am grateful.

Chioran
04-08-2002, 05:03 PM
My wife is a complete addict and for that I am greatful! :P

Lord Shaene
04-08-2002, 05:10 PM
Hehe she is an addict for sure

04-09-2002, 11:51 AM
Aren't we ALL addicts. Congrats Sellenus on your recent marriage. I give you both my wishes for a long and joyous road lined with golden bricks of happiness! I bid thee all a good night.

::drops 2 gold on the table and checks everything to make sure it's all there still::

Lord Eldred
04-09-2002, 09:12 PM
Lord Eldred stands and sits back down. Stands again, sits back down. Slaps himself in the face and stands again. Says "OK my lady, I am ready to walk you home."
Goes to leave with the Princess.

About an hour after Lord Eldred leaves, a young man dressed like an assistant to a Lord walks in to the bar. Asks for Sellenus and sets a package down in front of him.

Lawgiver
04-11-2002, 05:06 AM
Lord Eldred stands and sits back down. Stands again, sits back down. Slaps himself in the face and stands again.

Puzzled by Eldred's new dance moves or apparent second personality conflict I can't hlep but laugh to myself.

Sellenus
04-13-2002, 11:02 PM
I thank the young man for the package and begin to open it, pausing only to respond to Lawgiver's comment...

I would have to agree, his dance moves far outshine any performance of mine. I will do my best to hide my envy!

Lawgiver
04-20-2002, 04:01 AM
About an hour after Lord Eldred leaves, a young man dressed like an assistant to a Lord walks in to the bar. Asks for Sellenus and sets a package down in front of him.

I thank the young man for the package and begin to open it, pausing only to respond to Lawgiver's comment...

An image of Jokey smurf ( or whatever his name is...) and his exploding packages just flashed through my mind...

Sellenus
04-25-2002, 07:43 PM
well thats... just not right...

Lord Eldred
04-26-2002, 12:57 AM
You open the package to find two gold bars and a note...

Congrats on your recent good fortune!

Arlen Blaede
04-26-2002, 03:54 PM
They should have put all that in a really big fortune cookie.:P

Emerald Greybeard
07-29-2002, 12:44 PM
Did the tavern run out of drinks already? I'm thirsty!

Lord Eldred
08-01-2002, 04:07 AM
Everyone moved on a long time ago.

Lord Eldred
08-31-2002, 02:27 AM
I really miss Lawgiver. I think I will have a ([_] in his honor!

Arjan
08-31-2002, 02:44 PM
hmm i have no idea on how to remove this traveler post....it seems to be nothing.... and nothing cant be removed :)

Lord Eldred
09-01-2002, 02:48 AM
Well here ([_] is to nothing!

Lawgiver
10-14-2002, 06:21 PM

What happened to the boards. I've been gone for 3 mo+ and I still have almost 10% of the posts. Eldred must not have found anyone else to talk too. :P

Snowman 67
10-15-2002, 12:42 AM
Humans?, aaaggghh!, kill them all. They sit around drinking ale all day and looking at there pretty faces in the mirror. Do you think you can just walk right up here from Aduria and claim elven domains? Humans are of filth and couldnt be less annoying. I will gladly kill any of them in my sites.

Rhuobhe the Manslayer

Snowman 67
10-15-2002, 12:54 AM
All he does is destroy, complain, and boss people around. I dont know about anybody else but i wouldnt mind stabbing that man in the back. Surely he is bonding with the Gorgon, we are all doomed.

Soldier of Ghoere

Lord Eldred
10-19-2002, 01:00 PM

What happened to the boards. I've been gone for 3 mo+ and I still have almost 10% of the posts. Eldred must not have found anyone else to talk too. :P

You are so right my friend. I am so glad you are back. Where have you been?

Sellenus
10-22-2002, 06:35 PM
Good old Traveller (member since 1970). I've missed you!

Arjan
10-22-2002, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Sellenus

Good old Traveller (member since 1970). I've missed you!

LOL ([_]

Lawgiver
10-30-2002, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Lord Eldred
You are so right my friend. I am so glad you are back. Where have you been?

Well I got snowballed by life for a bit. Then when I came back the boards were rather dead so I took a job as co-DM in Crown of Glory II with Morg for a bit (which kept me WAY to busy to hit birthright.net). Unfortunately, my free time is still far from free. I've recently starting hitting these boards a bit on my lunch break at work only. I'm rarely home more than 1-2 nights a week (at a reasonable hour anyway). The way its looks I'm still going to off the scene for the majority of the time till the first part of the year. I'm in a volleyball league with games almost every Tues and Thurs night. Plus, I'm also in a drama production called "the Gospel According to Scrooge" (basically a Christian adaptation of the Dickens story in which Scrooge not only has a change of heart but is saved), which has practices 3 nights a week through the first part of Dec. Tack on church Sun and Wed. night and most of the time is spent. The few bits of free time I do get I've been trying to spend with my family... So the "hobbies" are the first thing to be squished.... for now anyway. :P

Lord Eldred
11-07-2002, 07:14 PM
([_] A drink in honor of families who always should come first before hobbies!

blitzmacher
11-08-2002, 12:29 AM
Here Here ([_]

Lawgiver
11-10-2002, 04:12 AM
Originally posted by Lord Eldred

([_] A drink in honor of families who always should come first before hobbies!

Several patrons raise their mugs in answer, only to glance around inquistivily... suddenly many of them realize the implication of the toast. Many set down thei mugs, pay their tabs and head for the homestead.

Lord Eldred
02-02-2003, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Lawgiver

Several patrons raise their mugs in answer, only to glance around inquistivily... suddenly many of them realize the implication of the toast. Many set down thei mugs, pay their tabs and head for the homestead.

The irony of the toast was not lost on you my friend! Family keeps me from this tavern for weeks at a time.

Trueblade
11-21-2003, 03:04 PM
Well, it&#39;s my first post&#33; I&#39;ve been lurking a few days, and figured this thread was a solid prompt to jump into the forums.

I&#39;m 25, living in Michigan, USA. I&#39;ve been playing Dungeons and Dragons for about 10 years, as well as various other games (Too many to mention, but titles such as Torg, Shadowrun, Shatterzone, Rifts, Alternity, Warhammer, Battletech).

I picked up birthright back in 1997 I believe, and nobody else in my group of friends knew any of the rules. This was a perk, as amongst my group of friends, it&#39;s difficult to employ mystery into our game sessions, as everyone knows all of the rules from years and years of gaming. Birthright gave me the opportunity to really take a unique setting, toss the characters into it (I was the DM), and flow it from there. As the characters advanced throughout the world they basically learned it as they went, which made for an incredibly enjoyable campaign.

I was instantly in love with Birthright&#39;s campaign setting, and have eagerly been awaiting and hoping for the v3.5 rulebooks to one day hit the shelves, if that ever happens.

Well, I&#39;ll see you all around :)

Sellenus
01-21-2004, 09:14 PM
I just thought I would poke my head in, and see if anyone was around...

Lord Eldred
07-02-2004, 03:33 AM
I am here. Wonder if Trueblade is still around. I am too from Michigan and wonder where he hails?