PDA

View Full Version : Would anyone be interested in a Personalities of the Blood book

Lawgiver
01-07-2002, 12:09 AM
Would anyone be interested in a book of famous blooded NPCs? It could provide an expanded description/stats of the existing regents and include several blooded non regent NPCs. Sort of like a version of Blood Enemies, but focusing on normal NPCs rather than awnsheglien.

Elton Robb
01-07-2002, 04:45 AM
Orginally posted by Lawgiver

Would anyone be interested in a book of famous blooded NPCs? It could provide an expanded description/stats of the existing regents and include several blooded non regent NPCs. Sort of like a version of Blood Enemies, but focusing on normal NPCs rather than awnsheglien.

Don't forget, it might be wise to detail at least one Character for each of the domains in the new main book. :)

Elton Robb

Raesene Andu
01-07-2002, 06:22 AM
I would prefer to see a book with both Awnsheghlien and NPCs in it (well 3E conversions of the awnsheghlien anyway). I think it is needed. But it doesn't have to be the first thing we work on, I think the book of guildcraft should be the first project.

Bryon
01-08-2002, 03:21 PM
I would have to agree that it would be good to see both Awnsheghlien and NPCs from through out Cerilia. If the new book describes a realm you should try to have a NPC for it.

I really like the Forgotten Realms Book Format. I would say start with that.

Raesene Andu
01-09-2002, 07:07 AM
Very similar to what I was thinking, a book with conversion of the major Awnsheghlien (often requested) and 3E version of NPC from across Cerilia, and not just the ones in the book, but all of the major NPCs.

morgramen
01-09-2002, 02:16 PM
I agree that a combination of these would be good, but I think that a "Book of Kings" would be very nice! Awnsheigh are great, but they already have a tome from which to draw from, so I'd like to see new stuff first - the old 2E stuff can be ported into 3E by players already.

I'm not sure that it would be such a good idea to include the 'playable' regents so much though, since folks are likely failry set on their own versions already. I'd think that a "book of Kings" might best be done by concentrating on the NPC realms - this gives the DM something to work with while letting his players run their realms the way they want.

Don't get me wrong though, certainly include some of the playable realms, but over all, I think the 'core realms/regents' (Avan, Boeruine, Ghoere, etc.) should be center stage in such a writing.

Raesene Andu
01-10-2002, 07:16 PM
Now that is a good idea. I might have to work on that instead. There are certainly a lot of major NPCs that don't have descriptions.

Lawgiver
01-11-2002, 12:37 AM
Orginally posted by morgramen
Don't get me wrong though, certainly include some of the playable realms, but over all, I think the 'core realms/regents' (Avan, Boeruine, Ghoere, etc.) should be center stage in such a writing.

That was my original intention. Awnsheglien already have their own book, this would be the 'normal' Personalities of the Blood'. I'm not that keen on the title the 'Book of Kings' since none of the regents are 'kings' per se. Plus the 'Personalities of the Blood' would allow for the development of blooded, but non-regent NPCs. Such as wandering heroes, coutiers, mercenaries, dispossessed regents, etc.

MarcIDMT
01-13-2002, 12:18 AM
Sounds great to me, of other interests would be a history of heroes of different lands. I have a history in the making for a Rjuven regent in the Giantdowns

Arius Vistoon
01-13-2002, 03:40 AM
Orginally posted by Lawgiver
... this would be the 'normal' Personalities of the Blood'. I'm not that keen on the title the 'Book of Kings' since none of the regents are 'kings' per se. Plus the 'Personalities of the Blood' would allow for the development of blooded, but non-regent NPCs. Such as wandering heroes, coutiers, mercenaries, dispossessed regents, etc.

yes , lt's a good idea:p
i think that will be developped before a guidcraft because it will
be more useful ( database for Pbem for example ! )

Sellenus
01-22-2002, 04:06 AM
Yet another great idea from the giver of laws... it never ends.

Lawgiver
01-22-2002, 04:25 AM
Orginally posted by Sellenus
Yet another great idea from the giver of laws... it never ends.

Your kind words are most appreciated... Though the fair Raesene Andu has taken over as head of the project. He is interested in assistence if you wish to contact him.

Sellenus
01-23-2002, 03:38 PM
Is this project currently in the works?

Raesene Andu
01-23-2002, 07:08 PM
Yes it is, and accepting submissions if anyone is interested in posting their NPCs.