PDA

View Full Version : Domain Actions And Bloodline Gains

Aurel
11-13-2003, 09:59 PM
IS the BRCS going to have a point system where it determines how many point does a regent gain when he successfully create a province, rules a province, gains new provinces.etc Similiar to the system where if you lose holdings /provinces you also lose bloodline strength.?

Raesene Andu
11-14-2003, 06:54 AM
I'll have to look into that.

What I use in my current pbem game is something like this.

Conquer/Invest Racial Enemy Province = Great Gain
Win Battle against racial enemy despite odds against you = Great Gain
Create Province = Great Gain
Conquer/Invest Racial Enemy Holding = Major Gain
Win Battle against enemy despite odds against you = major Gain
Recover historical artefact linked to your race = Major Gain
Conquer/Invest Enemy Province = Major Gain
Destroy/Invest Enemy Holding = Minor Gain
Win Battle against racial enemy = Minor Gain
Recover historical artefact = Minor Gain

and so on.

OK, looked into it. BRCS already has info on gains to RP total and bloodline score through heroic deads, but it does not give quite as many examples as losses. I've made a not of that and will see if it can be changed slightly in revised edition.

Justinius_ExMortis
11-15-2003, 05:07 PM
Here's a thought: When a Regent gains regency/bloodline for heroic deeds, great accomplishments, etc. Is this a public affair or a private? Sorry, allow me to break this down into several questions.

Does a one time gain of regency have a visual residue? The only other method in which a Regent gains a large amount of regency at a single point is through bloodtheft which is a very obvious event. Does the same hold true for a gain due to heroic deeds, etc.? Small lights playing over the form, a little glow to the eyes for a brief moment, a rustling wind, small streams of energy entering their form from the land, etc.

Also, as a side note, I've been playing with the idea that a Regent, though his overall health and appearance are fairly based on Constitution and Charisma scores, looks different based on how much Regency is in his/her reserve. When close to full a regent looks in excellent health, nary a hair out of place, and possessed of a downright "glow". When close to zero a regent would look a bit worn, looking constantly like they could use a meal or a nap or something. I mean, think about it, when a Regent spends regency they're effectively tossing divine essence around to enhance their administrative capabilities, their connection to the land and the people. They're channeling a part of themselves back into the land and people from which it came. That has to be draining in some way.

Look at it this way, a Regent gains thirty regency at the top of his season. The people and land that he gets this energy from don't notice because all thos points are spread over a vast population and huge tracts of land (yar yar Monty Python reference, I know). Now all of that energy is focused in ONE person. He has to control it as he uses it over the next three months to accomplish deeds and rule the land. What was once drawn from a population and the land is now being drawn from a single person. The energy itself hasn't gotten weaker or easier to manipulate. Obviously some titanic forces at work when one really sits down to ponder it.

Thoughts?

RaspK_FOG
11-16-2003, 04:57 PM
That's always something to discuss, isn't it? Definitely an interesting - a very interesting - bit of flavour, and I think it should be included... One way or the other. However, this should simply remain as a piece of RPing notice, right?

Aurel
11-18-2003, 08:58 PM
It could be possible that during the investiture ceremony you could have visual effects. but I m not sure on afterwards.