PDA

View Full Version : Convention gaming

Abbess Allessandra
01-02-2002, 03:17 AM
Do any of the members get to the conventions? Particularly Gen Con?

Lawgiver
01-02-2002, 03:41 AM
I'd like to, but with a wife and two kids, a full time job and insufficient disposable income--No.

Abbess Allessandra
01-03-2002, 04:07 PM
That's too bad they are really fun! You get to meet a lot of interesting people and learn new games and skills.

Lawgiver
01-03-2002, 11:49 PM
If someone were willing to sponsor me like a knight in a tourney I'd go for the proper financial backing. ;)

Lord Eldred
01-04-2002, 01:55 AM
I have been to one once before. It was a really cool experience. My favorite is when I joined a family who plays together. A mom, dad, daughter and son. It was the best!

It looks like I will be going again this year with a little help from you Abbess ;)

Lawgiver, I have a wife and two kids. Abbess is a wife with two kids. Her husband plays. Money is always an issue but where there is a will there is a way even if it is over eight years between each convention experience.

Bryon
01-04-2002, 03:23 AM
I live in Milwaukee, WI. This is the last year in this city, it goes to Indianapolis, IL next year.

If people need places to stay I have a spare room and my mother has two. I think we could put some people up.

By the way Wife and One Son:)

Abbess Allessandra
01-04-2002, 01:47 PM
So do you go every year? Will you go when it moves to Indy?

Bryon
01-04-2002, 02:58 PM
I just moved back from Florida about 4 years ago, so I missed alot. I went in 2001 to hear some of the news. I felt left out, I used to own a game store and sold it, so fell out of the loop.

I plan on going in 2002 and have family in Indy so will try to keep going.

I sat in on a meeting about what went wroung with GenCon in Milwaukee and how to make it better. I hope they take some of our suggestions. Wish they would have stayed here.

If anyone is going this year I would love to set up a Birthright board game and run a huge campaign. Youed have to bring your own minitures or buy them there. Maybe Wizards would help to promote BR3E:)

Eisel Miloh
01-04-2002, 02:58 PM
though I've heard fantastic comments from everyone I know that has gone. Now that my last child has flown, I intend regular attendance.
BTW, I dm one face to face with a son in law, two sons, my son's best friend and his wife. The family that plays together . . .

Abbess Allessandra
01-05-2002, 01:25 AM
I actually volunteer at the con. The whold group is going. Lord Eldred is our DM. Maybe you could hook up with us and we could play some BR. You can run an event if you want just contact WOTC. events@wizards.com
I believe that is it, if I am wrong it is out on their website. I think that a BR group getting together in Milwaukee for the potentially last Gen Con there would be way cool.

Lord Shaene
01-11-2002, 07:41 PM
I also will be attending this year again with Lord Eldred, Abbess Allesandra and Lord Chioron, We have a great time there and always make sure to have a few beers while we are there

Arjan
01-11-2002, 07:46 PM
If you like me to attend this year, please donate through my paypal :)

Dosiere
01-12-2002, 06:11 AM
Been to many Mid-South Fantasy Cons and Memphis Fantasy Cons...not that great, and last I heard they were ailing or done with...replaced by MTG cons...oh well

Now, a great Con in the Southeast is Dragon Con in Atlanta...absolutly huge! Met Elmore, Parkinson, Weis and Hickman, Sczudlo(sp?)...that guy that painted the cover art for the BR boxed set. way cool! R.A. Salvatore...not what I expected. He looked like Lou Forigno...who was also there, BTW. Tons of people, Charlton Heston, the guy who played Darth Vader, Chewbacca and the midget (vertically challenged for the PC that are out there) that was in the R2-D2 drum.

The list goes on and on. If anyone has never made it to one, then make sure you do it at least once...lots of freaks out there, and most of them show up at the cons.

And I'm not even going to mention when I got lucky and World Con happened to be in New Orleans! It was a blast and we had to make reservations a year in advance to get a hotel room.

Abbess Allessandra
03-12-2002, 02:55 AM
Actually all the mtg gaming goes on in a separate conference area. If you don't want to see it you don't have to at Gen Con

Arlen Blaede
03-20-2002, 05:04 PM
Since I left the active army, I am hoping to get to a decent con this year. Unfortunately, I doubt I'll have the time. There's a local one here at A&M, but I'll be working all weekend its here. And I have not made it to a large convention ever. Hoping to change that though.

Abbess Allessandra
03-21-2002, 02:51 AM
Well Gen Con is in August. This is the last year in Milwaukee. Next year we move to Indianapolis. Origins is right after the 4th of July and is in Columbus. Let me know if you end up in Milwaukee for the weekend of Gen Con!

Arlen Blaede
03-22-2002, 04:15 PM
I will. The only hope for that one right now is that I end up road tripping with some friends. Till then I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Finkin Swiftfingers
03-22-2002, 04:47 PM
My game group will all be attending our first Gen Con this year. We are all excited! Would be nice to play a BR game.

Lord Eldred
05-12-2002, 08:06 PM
Finkin, we will keep our eyes out for you! Anyone else planning on attending Gen Con this year?

Bryon
05-16-2002, 08:51 PM
I live in Milwaukee and will be there this year. I was thinking of running a BR Board game from the WOC down load section. I haven't made up my mind yet, and was wondering if it was worth regeristering it in Gen Con or just using the free gaming area??? I would like to do it large scale like they had it long ago with minitures and such.

Lord Eldred
05-18-2002, 04:50 PM
If you ran it as a registered game it would give some indication of interest in Birthright to the powers that be!

Anyone else attending?

Lee
05-19-2002, 11:23 PM
In a message dated 5/18/02 12:55:21 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
brnetboard@TUARHIEVEL.ORG writes:

<< If you ran it as a registered game it would give some indication of
interest in Birthright to the powers that be!

Anyone else attending? >>

Attending what?

The Birthright Homepage: http://www.birthright.net
To unsubscribe, send email to LISTSERV@ORACLE.WIZARDS.COM
with UNSUB BIRTHRIGHT-L in the body of the message.

zukie51262
05-25-2002, 02:48 PM
Been there 3 times, once as just a player, once as a player and DM (out in the halls) and then as an volinter DM for Birthright. Everone who plays should experince GenCon at least once, and don't plan on getting much sleep.

Abbess Allessandra
05-30-2002, 12:08 AM
We have 4 of our group going to Gen Con. Lord Eldred, Chioran, Lord Shaene and myself. We have a blast.

Lord Eldred
06-02-2002, 01:24 PM
Orginally posted by Lee

In a message dated 5/18/02 12:55:21 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
brnetboard@TUARHIEVEL.ORG writes:

<< If you ran it as a registered game it would give some indication of
interest in Birthright to the powers that be!

Anyone else attending? >>

Attending what?

The Birthright Homepage: http://www.birthright.net
To unsubscribe, send email to LISTSERV@ORACLE.WIZARDS.COM
with UNSUB BIRTHRIGHT-L in the body of the message.

GEN CON

Ellendael Nightstalker
06-04-2002, 05:52 AM
I'll be attending both Origins and Gen Con this year. I don't plan on signing up for any established games ahead of time, I always buy generic tickets and get in on games where I can.

I'd love to meet folks from the list or the website and talk about Birthright at either one of these cons, and getting into a Birthright game while at Origins or Gen Con would be great!

Ellendael Nightstalker
06-06-2002, 12:34 AM
Hey Birthright fans...

It's just been confirmed, I'll be doing my duty at the Citizen games booth at Origins this year. Drop by and say Hi to the bald man with the glasses!

Lord Eldred
06-20-2002, 08:55 PM
I'll miss you at Origins but will look for you at Gen Con

Ellendael Nightstalker
07-03-2002, 06:31 PM
One last reminder... I am leaving for Origins in less than a half hour. So, if any birthright people want to chat at Origins this year, look for me at the Citizen's booth!