PDA

View Full Version : Am Attempting To Design A Deity System

lordofallandnothing
10-28-2003, 02:07 PM
i am attempting to design a deity system for birthright that you can use to advance being along through the power of their bloodline instead of just through their character level.
i actually have about half of my system done so far but i wanted to throw bits and pieces of it up on this forum so that it can be nitpicked at you know :D
i am not throwing up any of the flavor text just the base stats okay
you have your normal bloodlines which are tainted,minor,major,great,and true
after a being has amassed a certain amount of power they gain a new ranking system called blood ranks blood ranks simulate divine ranks to a degree.
bloodline power_______Blood rank____divinerank
+250___________________0___________-
+500___________________1___________0
+500___________________2___________1
+500___________________3___________1
+500___________________4___________2
+500___________________5___________2
+500___________________6___________3
+500___________________7___________3
+500___________________8___________4
+500___________________9___________4
+500__________________10___________5
you can gain blood ranks through having an extremely high bloodline score.
blood ranks simulate divine ranks to the effect of what you are immune to and you gain new blood rank abilities which are based off of your bloodline deriviation.
in order to gain the blood rank that you want you have to expend a certain amount of bloodline points which you permanently lose but in exchange you gain vastly increased abilities,as well as gaining a divine rank.once you gain your first blood rank your body can hold up to 500+con.modX10 bloodline points at any one time,so it is in your own best interests to redeem them once you are able to do so.investing yourself with blood ranks is a very perilous process.you need to prepare a month long ritual per rank that you are trying to attain.rank 0 takes 1 month as well.in order to learn the ritual needed you must research it for the rank you are trying to attaign X 3 months. if the ritual is interrupted you lose 1/2 of all of the bloodline points you were trying to invest in the ritual.you must work at the ritual for 8 continuos hours per day and while you are performing the ritual you may cast no spells and you cannot engage in any strenous activities either,otherwise the ritual will fail as described above.when the ritual is complete you must make a will save DC 30 +5 per rank you are trying to attaign otherwise the ritual fails as above.
later on i will detail some more about the different types of abilities that one can gain.please let me know what you think all critisism is welcome as well as anything you feel you are willing to contribute.this is going to be a free project once i am done and it will be posted on a few different website(especially this one).

lordofallandnothing
10-28-2003, 02:09 PM
it is possible to have both blood rank abilities as well as bloodline abilities at the same time but in most cases your blood rank abilities will encompass your bloodline abilities rendering them redundant

teloft
10-28-2003, 05:08 PM
have you seen my post about - playing a god?

:ph34r:

lordofallandnothing
10-29-2003, 01:07 AM
no i have not seen yor post aboput playing a god...could you post a link to it here?i will go l and look for it now anyways :)

Osprey
10-29-2003, 06:42 AM
It's very recent - in the Royal Library.

lordofallandnothing
10-29-2003, 07:14 AM
thank you very much osprey

lordofallandnothing
11-04-2003, 08:50 PM
Hello all I just wanted to give you all an update as to my progress so far...I believe that i am about 90% of the way done so i contacted wizards of the coast to make absolutely positive that it is cool to make this up using their books cause i put alot of the info from the dieties and demigods into my blood-based progression and whatnot and don't need to be sued or anything lol..pending that i shall post it here or find out if i need to dump anything and make up my own totally new system for deities which would add a whole new load of difficulty to this on me... :)