PDA

View Full Version : Isn't it odd...

Lawgiver
12-30-2001, 08:18 PM
Does it seem odd to you that the Gorgon's great scimitar is a tighmaevril weapon? Why in the world would an elf create a tighmaevril weapon in the form a great scimitar that would be large enough for the Gorgon to weild?

Raesene Andu
12-31-2001, 07:19 AM
Yes, I've always considered it a little unlikely. But, the Gorgon does wield it in one hand, so I would guess that it would be a two-handed weapons for an elf, so possible. As all the tighmaevril weapons appear to be different, possibly the elf who forged them wanted to make one weapon of each sort.

Lord Eldred
01-01-2002, 07:03 PM
It is also possible that the weapon was made as a gift for a larger creature than an elf. Also if I am not mistaken when they were first made they did not know of the powers that it would bestow.

Sellenus
01-22-2002, 03:53 AM
I would have to agree with Lord Eldred's theory.

Lawgiver
01-22-2002, 04:18 AM
Orginally posted by Lord Eldred
Also if I am not mistaken when they were first made they did not know of the powers that it would bestow.
What does the form of the weapon have to do with the powers it bestowed???

Lord Eldred
02-18-2002, 08:52 PM
Nothing. It was a dumb part of my argument. However, another theory would be that the elf was forced to make it!

Lofwyr
02-27-2002, 06:01 PM
In fact, the size of the tighmaevril scimitar could have been a result from the power of Azrai's essence in the Gorgon. The essence is so powerful in Raesene that this could have trnsformed this weapon and enlarged it to the Gorgon's need.

Just my two cents..:P

Mithrandir
02-28-2002, 01:14 AM
Also, he could of melted the metal down and had it reforged into it's current shape.

spehar
02-28-2002, 06:30 AM
Actually his primary weapon was written as a great sword. In 3rd Ed it'd still be a great sword. Where'd you get the scimatar from?

Lawgiver
02-28-2002, 12:50 PM
Orginally posted by spehar

Actually his primary weapon was written as a great sword. In 3rd Ed it'd still be a great sword. Where'd you get the scimatar from?

Maybe from the coutless pictures that depict a scimitar... :P

spehar
02-28-2002, 04:31 PM
More then anything the pictures to me look like a bastard sword. It's certainly wierd looking though. Is there really any picture that's not wierd looking that comes from Blood Enemies though?

Lord Eldred
03-01-2002, 01:12 AM
Whatever kind of sword it is, it is still way too large for an elf to ever have intended on using. Thus I like the theory that perhaps the essence of azrai made the weapon larger that its original form.

spehar
03-01-2002, 04:03 AM
It's a large weapon. So it could be used with two hands. Where are you getting an elf had used the weapon anyway? An elf clearly made the weapon.

Lawgiver
03-01-2002, 04:09 AM
Orginally posted by spehar
More then anything the pictures to me look like a bastard sword.

Bastard Sword??? What? Not even close!

spehar
03-01-2002, 04:21 AM
Well its clearly a two-handed weapon for a medium size creature. I take it back, it even looks like a great sword. The tip is curved in the picture. Hand guard and handle have non-scimitar written all over it.

Mithrandir
03-01-2002, 06:35 AM
Irregardless, It's a big pointy object made of blood silver, but where did he get an elf to make it for him?

Lord Eldred
03-02-2002, 05:53 AM
It wasn't made for him. It was meant to be a two handed sword for a large elf or perhaps even a human.

Mithrandir
03-03-2002, 08:38 PM
Besides, I'm not sure it needed to be made in it's current shape. The rulebook says that the famous elven smith (whose name eludes me) was the only person who new how to create the alloy called blood silver, but that doesn't mean that any old dwarven smith of Mur-Killad couldn't have melted it down and re-made it for him.

Chioran
03-05-2002, 07:35 PM
Isn't it possible tha the weapon was originally given to Azrai, by the Sidheilien? After all they did assist him at the Battle of Deismaar for a time.

Temujin
03-06-2002, 08:28 PM
That even though that guy was an elf, he was also a reknowned smith. And while smiths do prepare some items in advance, they don't generally create masterwork items in advance, but do them on command. So I don't see why someone wouldn't have ordered him a Great Scimitar, and Raesene eventually acquired it somehow. It makes sense, I believe.