PDA

View Full Version : has anyone allowed their players to play awnseagh?

faehew
12-29-2001, 05:39 AM
has anyone allowed their players to play awnseagh? i have slowely developed three players to become awnsaegh. they have enjoyed it and so have i. they have a long history on how they developed into this (2yrs). has anyone done this. how have you transformed them? mine was slow. they had cursed blood lines and the greater their increase in bp and in twisted actions the greater the transformation. first i let them choose their regular azrai abilities with a bp cost. then they can have up to their bp in specail ablities aprropriate to their character. then i give an equal cost of flaws that go with it. they can be mental, physical or whatever? please let me know how you feel.

Lawgiver
12-29-2001, 06:02 AM
I had a player who slowly became a gargoyle awnshegh. The changes began to happen fairly rapidly due to the player encouraging its development and seeking to manifest the bloodline abilities. Unfortunately, that campaign split up and the character wasn't ever fully converted. I was opposed to the idea initially, but after some convincing it proved to be an interesting character. Though if allowed to get out of hand it can imbalance the campaign for normal characters.

faehew
12-29-2001, 04:31 PM
yes i agree. balance is very very important. you definatly dont want one character to be more pwerful than the others. this leads to discontent.

Lord Eldred
01-01-2002, 07:06 PM
I think that as long as it is one that is developed closely with DM input it would be ok. However, taking over an already existing one would make the game way unbalanced.

I have not yet and do not plan on letting either happen in my campaign, however.

goblin_khan
01-04-2002, 06:55 PM
Where is the border line between a "simple" Azrai scion and an awnsheigh ?

Elton Robb
01-05-2002, 05:09 AM
Orginally posted by goblin_khan

Where is the border line between a "simple" Azrai scion and an awnsheigh ?

Your physical body. If you use your Azrai blood too much, then you start transforming into an Awnshegh. In one of the adventures, it was possible to have your Blood go to the "Dark Side." ie. become a scion of Azrai.

As for Atilla, in a campaign setting I have in my head, Atilla the Hun was devestatingly defeated and asked a God for help in defeating the Romans. Grummsh answered the call and changed all the huns into orcs.

Lord Eldred
01-06-2002, 04:11 PM
Turned the huns into orcs! Now that is funny!

Tzarevitch
04-18-2002, 08:06 PM
Orginally posted by faehew

has anyone allowed their players to play awnseagh? i have slowely developed three players to become awnsaegh. they have enjoyed it and so have i. they have a long history on how they developed into this (2yrs). has anyone done this. how have you transformed them? mine was slow. they had cursed blood lines and the greater their increase in bp and in twisted actions the greater the transformation. first i let them choose their regular azrai abilities with a bp cost. then they can have up to their bp in specail ablities aprropriate to their character. then i give an equal cost of flaws that go with it. they can be mental, physical or whatever? please let me know how you feel.

A PC started the slide in the campaign I am in currently. He ran a minor awnseigh through with his sword and his Anduiras blood changed to Asrai. He lfought to control it for several game years but he went downhill when he later obtained a bloodsword known as "the Traitor" and bloodthefted all of the people that Drake was planning on bloodthefting in the "Warlock of the Stonecrowns".

By that point he had become so dangerous (and hideous) that we were about to put him down, until a priest of Cuiracaen we were fighting stole his blood. Scarily enough, he was saved by taking lessons with the Siren and the Chimaera on how to control his urges. Ultimately we found a way to purge the Asrai blood out of his system and replace it with Reynir. Unfortunately by then the player's domain had turned against him and chose a new ruler.

The whole thing was fun to play. Thankfully the player is a good roleplayer and the DM is one of the best I've played with. It was a pretty good tale of fall and redemption.

Tzarevitch

Ariadne
07-01-2002, 10:50 AM
If you allow your players to become Awnsheglien you should allow them to become Ersheglien as well. Awnsheglien get too powerfull with the progress in levels so there must be a scion to stop them... That's a question of game balance!
What's better to stop an emerging Awnshegh than an emerging Ershegh?

A_dark
07-01-2002, 05:11 PM
Answer: An emerging Awnsheghlien

bad guys don't have to get along :P

marcum uth mather
07-05-2002, 01:34 AM
when would the othere and more powerfull Awnsheghlien take notice. would the Gorgon like it if a new scion of Azrai all of a sudden poped up near him. Or would he try to recruit him? there is also the question that when a regent carector becomes a Awnsheghlien, whats to stop a bunch of heros coming to slay the beast. a interesting plot twist I am working on would involve the players trying to save there friend from othere heros, while trying to stop a emerging scion of Azrais rampages

kgauck
07-05-2002, 04:27 AM
Thursday, July 04, 2002 8:34 PM
marcum uth mather wrote:
>
> when would the othere and more powerfull Awnsheghlien take notice.
> would the Gorgon like it if a new scion of Azrai all of a sudden poped
> up near him. Or would he try to recruit him?

These issues were discussed in the Giantdowns and Tuarhievel sourcebooks.
They weren`t settled definitively, but there is some consistent material
there. The short answer is, he likes the idea, but it doesn`t work out and
he tries to destroy the lesser awnsheghlien.

Kenneth Gauck
kgauck@mchsi.com

The Birthright Homepage: http://www.birthright.net
To unsubscribe, send email to LISTSERV@ORACLE.WIZARDS.COM
with UNSUB BIRTHRIGHT-L in the body of the message.

marcum uth mather
07-05-2002, 06:11 AM
if you let a player play an Awnsheghlien, and you dont want him to powerfull remember that the world a large will hate him. there will be wanabe heros by the dozen trying to kill him all the time. this can be good and bad. if he gets lucky, he kills a few and gets a few more blood points. or just have a 35 lvl palidin of ultimate evil destruction come by and wack him if he gets to big for his britchs.

marcum uth mather
07-05-2002, 06:43 AM
if you let a player play an Awnsheghlien, and you dont want him to powerfull remember that the world a large will hate him. there will be wanabe heros by the dozen trying to kill him all the time. this can be good and bad. if he gets lucky, he kills a few and gets a few more blood points. or just have a 35 lvl palidin of ultimate evil destruction come by and wack him if he gets to big for his britchs.

soudhadies
07-15-2002, 04:25 AM
I think that one must consider the player very carefully when deciding to allow awnsheghlien characters. In a game that I DMed briefly I had some one playing an elf with a great bloodline of Azrai and bloodform. I allowed this because the character was terrified of transformation and did everything possible to prevent it.