PDA

View Full Version : Yet another deep though by Lawgiver...

Lawgiver
12-28-2001, 04:45 AM
Can an undead creature, such as the Magain, who has no flowing blood in their body be... blooded?

morgramen
12-28-2001, 06:05 AM
The chicken or the egg... the eternal question. :)

I should say yes though. Being blooded does not necessarily mean that you have stuff in your blood. I think it wouldn't be so simple personally, rahter it is a bond between the spark of life (or the thing which makes a being self aware/sentient). Thus, a simple skeleton wouldn't be blooded, but a special undead skeleton who is somehow self aware and sentient, might be.

"It cam with out ribbons!
It came without tags!
It came without boxes packages or bags!"

Lord Eldred
12-31-2001, 02:35 AM
I would say that if they were blooded and then they died and then they were brought back to life, they are now unblooded since it is lost upon death and can not be regained upon resurrection or undeadness. However, I do believe they could become blooded after becoming undead through bloodtheft, etc. I would agree with morgramen's discription on how it would work.

Another way would be if the undead was an awnsheghlien then they definately could be blooded.

Lawgiver
12-31-2001, 04:47 AM
I just thought I'd point out the irony. I fully agree that special undead should be allowed to be blooded. I don't use 'special' undead much, or any undead for that matter, but the Magain qualifies.

Lord Eldred
01-01-2002, 06:23 PM
If your campaign doesn't use undead much does that mean you stay away from the shadow world?

blitzmacher
01-02-2002, 07:14 PM
Any regent with a full deck of playing cards would stay away from the shadow world.

Lawgiver
01-03-2002, 12:09 AM
I have only used the Shadow World twice. I would use it more, but thus far my campaign hasn't warranted its need. But I plan to start an idea for an epic campaign this weekend that will expand its use.

Lord Eldred
01-06-2002, 03:26 PM
I have a regent in my campaign that must not be playing with a full deck because he has actually spent a lot of time researching the shadow world and trying to find access to it. Perhaps he views it as a powerful tool in taking over the world!

Abbess Allessandra
01-06-2002, 04:41 PM
The Shadow world is quite useful for getting around. Especially if you have a war to win. Michael Roele used it himself.

Lord Eldred
01-06-2002, 05:04 PM
Sure Abbess but I don't see you trying to use that method of travel!

Abbess Allessandra
01-06-2002, 05:22 PM
That is because my character doesn't know how, but the player does.

Lord Eldred
01-06-2002, 05:28 PM
I don't think she would intentionally travel there even if she knew how and if she did she would never come back because she would feel it was her personal duty to rid the place of evil for all the halflings!

Abbess Allessandra
01-06-2002, 05:31 PM
But what if it was a way for her to travel to unite the sects of the churches? What is more important? I would help while I was there but who know what would happen. Makes for some interesting ideas.

Lord Eldred
01-06-2002, 06:02 PM
Do you remember when you were trapped in the dead space with the vampire? Do I have to say more?