PDA

View Full Version : Hello!!

marcum uth mather
06-18-2003, 05:19 PM
( Hi all im am hoping to start a carector board were every one relates whats going on with there current campaings)

@ seen walking into a dock side bar in the imperial city, a large blond man wearing chain mail and a claymor sits down at the bar and talkes to the bar tender@

Ill have a horn of mead, or what ever you have that passes as beer please. o and by the way im just back in the city on buisness from up north. what be new news around here

Lawgiver
06-19-2003, 04:29 AM
Some time later a well dressed man roughly a decade over the age of manhood enters the tavern. Removing the traveling cloak he reveals, a fine silk shirt of deep crimson. An ornate bastard sword hangs at his left hip. The hilt is finely crafted in the shape of a dragon. Its wings outstretched to form its guard. The metal is of unknown origin, the wyrm nearly the shade of the gentleman's silken tunic. At the pommel its tale wraps around a strange chrysoberyl gem, that appears to be an eye. Hanging his cloak he strides toward the bar.
''Good morrow Barliman. Its been a while.''

Barliman
06-19-2003, 04:30 AM
''Indeed it has good Master Brooke. I trust you are well.''

Lawgiver
06-19-2003, 04:30 AM
''Well indeed, sir. I thank you for asking. How has business been?''

Barliman
06-19-2003, 04:31 AM
'Not to bad, I cannot complain. Though there's been some shady characters hangin' 'round as of late.''

Lawgiver
06-19-2003, 04:32 AM
''Shady you say. Would this gentleman happen to be one of them?'' [turning to face marcum uth mather]

marcum uth mather
06-19-2003, 08:24 PM
@ turning to face ( in his eyes) a flat lander fop@

Whoa there friend. if you speak in jest it is not taken well. if you speake for true then you best be running for you have picked a fine day for your death burrow to be erected

Count Demeter
06-19-2003, 10:51 PM
"Gentlemen, please!"

@A man wearing noble's outfit and a adorned sword at his left side turns around the table and put a hand on Marcus' right shoulder. As Marcus turns to see to whom he is adressed, he sees the symbol of the Imperial Royal Guard on the man's left breast.@

"It is not the place nor the time to start a fight here" he says in a southern accent. "And you," The man looks up at Marcus' companions "it is not the way to treat our guest here."

Lawgiver
06-19-2003, 11:56 PM
[Finishing a quick gulp, the finely dressed gentleman sets down his glass of water left by the keep. Turning to face the stranger, he rests an elbow on the bar.] "Easy friend. My words were merely in jest. I assure you I am a pacifist by nature. Come let me buy you a drink." [His eyes catching the Imperial seal on the others chest] "Ah, greetings good sir. I am Collin Brooke." [extending his hand] "It has been some time since my last visit to the Imperial City. Tell me friend, what is the news?"

Count Demeter
06-20-2003, 03:03 AM
[The Imperial Royal Guard extend his hand and shakes colin']

"I'm Lewis Caelere, lieutenant of the Fifth Imperial Saquadron. Sorry for the interruption." [Lewis sits down] "Well, here in the Imperial Center, it's much like casual business. Notables rages against citizen; citizens against notables; nobles against nobles; ..."

Kalien
06-20-2003, 03:29 AM
The door to the inn swings open, a brief draught of cold air sweeping in and swirling amidst the rushes scattered upon the floor. A lean man standing little over five and a half spans stands just inside the door, blowing upon his hands as if to restore much desired warmth. Dressed in a fine doublet of deep blue with silver thread, he steps forward, the rapier and main gauche at his hips rattling slightly. Fine, almost delicate features are visible as he moves smoothly forward into the lighted common room and towards the bar.

Approaching the bar he signals to Barliman for service. Surveying the interior of the inn while he waits he says almost to himself, "Mmm ... a most ... ahmm ... interesting establishment. Who would have ... ahhhh ... thought it would so ... mhmm ... cold." Strangely, though obviously Anuirean the man speaks with a noticeable Khinasi accent. The insignia of Kalien, the infamous Count of Endier, can be clearly seen upon his raised collar.

marcum uth mather
06-20-2003, 05:29 PM
no offence my friend taken..
@talking to both gentelmen@
i am Marcum uth mather just back from the war from up north. the high lands have quieted down and i am on bisness from my lord to gain regongnition from the chamberlin for the new king of Helskapa

Count Demeter
06-20-2003, 05:37 PM
"Ah I see." [The Imperial Guard sigh] "And is the war going well?"

Lawgiver
06-21-2003, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by marcum uth mather no offence my friend taken..
@talking to both gentelmen@
i am Marcum uth mather just back from the war from up north. the high lands have quieted down and i am on bisness from my lord to gain regongnition from the chamberlin for the new king of Helskapa

(Raising an eyebrow) Halskapa you say? Forgive my ignorance, but I thought that Halskapa has long since passed from the jurisdication of the Empire, (turning to Caelere) no offense lieutenant. What could your lord possibly hope to gain by recognition by a lord that has no authority in the region?

(Noticing the new comer he give him a firm nod and a broad smile.)

Barliman
06-21-2003, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Kalien
Approaching the bar he signals to Barliman for service. Surveying the interior of the inn while he waits he says almost to himself, "Mmm ... a most ... ahmm ... interesting establishment. Who would have ... ahhhh ... thought it would so ... mhmm ... cold." Strangely, though obviously Anuirean the man speaks with a noticeable Khinasi accent. The insignia of Kalien, the infamous Count of Endier, can be clearly seen upon his raised collar.

Ahem yes, well good day to you master. Thank you for your kinds words. Cold ya say. ... NOB! Nob! You wolly footed slowcoach? Where are you? Blasted halfling. Slower than molasses ever time I need him. Ah yes, forgive me sir, ... no what was I going to say.... Ah yes! What may you be wanting sir? A cool ale to wet your throat? Perhaps a warm bowl of potato soup to warm your bones?

Kalien
06-22-2003, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by Barliman
Ahem yes, well good day to you master. Thank you for your kinds words. Cold ya say. ... NOB! Nob! You wolly footed slowcoach? Where are you? Blasted halfling. Slower than molasses ever time I need him. Ah yes, forgive me sir, ... no what was I going to say.... Ah yes! What may you be wanting sir? A cool ale to wet your throat? Perhaps a warm bowl of potato soup to warm your bones?

"A ... ahhh ... mug of hot broth would be ... mhmm ... most welcome, if you can ... ahm ... manage it," the newcomer replies, his oddly Khinasi-accented voice at odds with his appearance. Looking over the commons once again his eyes briefly come to rest on the nearby group, his attention arrested by the mention of Halskapa. Reaching into a pocket he produces a couple thick silver coins and places them upon the bar. "I ... hmm ... trust these will ... cover the ... mmm ... cost of my drink?" he murmurs in Barliman's general direction before moving over towards the group who have caught his attention.

Approaching the table he offers a slight bow, fingers touching lips, forehead, and heart in ritual Khinasi greeting. "I ... mmhm ... hope you don't mind if I ... ahh ... join you?" he asks.

Lawgiver
06-22-2003, 04:12 AM
Brooke returns the greeting to the newcomer, bowing slightly more depth. "Greetings friend. I am Sir Collin Brooke. The gentleman on the left is Ambassador Marcum uth mather of Halskapa, and this fine fellow to his right is Lieutenant Caelere, of Empire’s Fifth Squadron. Since our party seems to be growing mayhaps we should seek a table, where you can formally introduce yourself."

Kalien
06-22-2003, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by Lawgiver
Brooke returns the greeting to the newcomer, bowing slightly more depth. "Greetings friend. I am Sir Collin Brooke. The gentleman on the left is Ambassador Marcum uth mather of Halskapa, and this fine fellow to his right is Lieutenant Caelere, of Empire's Fifth Squadron. Since our party seems to be growing mayhaps we should seek a table, where you can formally introduce yourself."

Inclining his head once more the man moves to a nearby table and pulls up a chair, adjusting his sword as he sits so that it rests comfortably at his side before speaking. "My name is ... mmhm ... Arturo Duarte, Lord of ... ahh ... Manderley Estate in the County of ... hmm ... Endier." Gesturing to his new companions to take their seat, he adds, "I ... ahhh ... serve His ... ahm ... Excellency, the Count of Endier in various ... mmm ... endeavours. Please, be seated and continue your ... mhmm ... discussion."

Barliman
06-22-2003, 04:42 AM
...elsewhere in the tavern...

Barliman: mumbling to himself, he notices Nob come through the back door whistling a light melody. Confound it Nob. Its about time you got done fooling around. I've got more customers in there than we've had in weeks. What have you been doing for the last bloomin hour?

Nob: Uh... picking up the (fumbles for a list... the 6 dozen eggs, 40 pints of milk, 3 sacks of flour, 5 bushels of potatos and 2 bushels of corn you asked me ta get.

Barliman: Well blast it all lad. Park the wagon and get in side help me already. There's a right fine chap in there dressed in the linens of the Count of Endier. No doubt one of his many managerial trademens visiting the Imperial City for something or other far more important than the happenings of this place. See to it that he gets a good ale and a bowl of chicken...no, tomato......oh shucks it must have slipped my mind... Just give him a bowl of potato stew. We seem to still have some on the hearth. If its wrong give him the meal free.

sometime later...A frazzled and over worked halfling rushes from the kitchen to the main dining hall. Surveying the room he quickly scurries to the table of the visitor of Endier.

My apologies on the speed of service, master. If I can offer you anything further please let me know.

With a curt nod he quickly turns and sets to buzzing around the bar filling tankards.

marcum uth mather
06-22-2003, 06:43 PM
well tu answer your question Sir Brooke there was some kind of arms deal of sort through the chamberlin from what i was told for one of the othere contenders for the throne. at least that is what it looks like... armor and swords stamped with the simbole of Roele and the like . So my Lord Durham has sent me here to see what is afoot

Kalien
06-23-2003, 12:19 AM
sometime later...A frazzled and over worked halfling rushes from the kitchen to the main dining hall. Surveying the room he quickly scurries to the table of the visitor of Endier.

My apologies on the speed of service, master. If I can offer you anything further please let me know.

"Just my ... mhmm ... mug of hot broth," Arturo replies quietly, so as not to disturb the ongoing conversation of his new companions. "And a little ... ahhh ... bread." Settling back in his chair he listens carefully to what others at the table are saying.

Ariadne
06-23-2003, 02:50 PM
**The door opens and a woman with fair, curly hair clad in the robes of the church of Cuiraécen (but those seem the be made of the finest velvet) enters the tavern. She looks around, goes to the bar and sits down.**

"A good vine, please..."

marcum uth mather
06-24-2003, 09:19 PM
@ talking quietly aside to Artoru@

now i know why i never balk at these trips. your southern lasses are some of the finest I've ever seen

Kalien
06-24-2003, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by marcum uth mather
@ talking quietly aside to Arturo@

now i know why i never balk at these trips. your southern lasses are some of the finest I've ever seen

"I would be ... ahhh ... careful in dealing with a ... mmm ... swordmaiden of the battlelord, if I were you," Arturo replies just as quietly. Smiling suddenly, he adds, "But it could prove ... mhmm ... entertaining for the rest of us."

Ariadne
06-25-2003, 02:32 PM
**The lady turns to the the small group at the table, smiles, stands up and walks to the table**

"Khirdai be with you, mylords! **She speaks a little Khinasi accent**

Did I hear right or do you talk about the lord of battle? If so, I would be pleased to join the discussion."

Kalien
06-25-2003, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Ariadne
**The lady turns to the the small group at the table, smiles, stands up and walks to the table**

"Khirdai be with you, mylords! **She speaks a little Khinasi accent**

Did I hear right or do you talk about the lord of battle? If so, I would be pleased to join the discussion."

Rising to his feet Arturo touches the tips of his fingers to lips, heart, and forehead in formal Khinasi greeting before replying. "There is always ... mmhm ... war, my ... hmm ... lady," he says, his own Khinasi accent noticeably stronger than that of the newcomer, "And so the Lord of Battle's ... ahh ... name is often mentioned in ... ahm ... conversation."

Gesturing towards a nearby chair he invites her to join them. "Please, have a chair and ... mmm ... join us. May I be so ... hhm ... bold as to enquire what brings you to this ... mhmm ... fine city?"

Ariadne
06-26-2003, 10:32 AM
**Smiling at Arturo she replies**

"Thank you very much, my lord." *She takes a seat.** "My name is Ariadne al-Chian, I'm priestess of the lord, who is named Cuiraécen by the Anuireans. This is a very nice city, but I'm here because I search someone. I'm glad to hear a familiar accent. May I ask from which part of Khinasi you come?"

marcum uth mather
06-26-2003, 11:24 PM
@ turning to the bar@

" Barliman i hope you have a stout barrel back there. with company like this i will be here all night. brink a picher of wine and a pitcher of ale and make both be ye finest.

Kalien
06-27-2003, 12:57 AM

**Smiling at Arturo she replies**

"Thank you very much, my lord." *She takes a seat.** "My name is Ariadne al-Chian, I'm priestess of the lord, who is named Cuiraécen by the Anuireans. This is a very nice city, but I'm here because I search someone. I'm glad to hear a familiar accent. May I ask from which part of Khinasi you come?"

"I am afraid to ... mmm ... disappoint you, my lady," Arturo replies before giving a wry smile. "I was born in the Duchy of Osoerde, though at a young age I was ... mmhm ... taken to the lands of the Khinasi at a young age. I have ... ahhh ... spent most of my life under the sun there, which would ... ahmm ... explain my accent."

"Perhaps I can ... mhm ... assist in your search? My Master is ... mmm ... known as one with knowledge of ... hmm ... many things."

Ariadne
06-27-2003, 09:17 AM
"Really? In which of the countries of the sun did you spend your childhood? I'm from Aftane, but I was raised in Ariya."

"You want to assist my search? This would be nice. I've heared from a man who is interested in communication with the church of the Stormlord. I search him, because I might help him to establish a ...errr, what's the anuirean word... collaboration."

Kalien
06-29-2003, 05:40 AM
"Really? In which of the countries of the sun did you spend your childhood? I'm from Aftane, but I was raised in Ariya."

"You want to assist my search? This would be nice. I've heared from a man who is interested in communication with the church of the Stormlord. I search him, because I might help him to establish a ...errr, what's the anuirean word... collaboration."

"I think we may be able to ... mmhm ... help each other," Arturo replies, seemingly ignoring the enquiry as to where he grew up in the Khinasi homelands. "My master is always interested in ... ahhh ... collaborating."

Ariadne
06-29-2003, 09:39 AM
"Oh, do you have contact with him? That would help in my search. It would be really nice to find him..."

marcum uth mather
07-03-2003, 11:26 PM
@ looking beweldered by all the thes and ummms @

whould any of you fair folk like another drink, or perhaps a meal. i to am looking for new adventure after my errand hear is done.

Ariadne
07-04-2003, 04:59 PM
Oh yes, I would really like something to eat. I'm really hungry from the long yourney!

A new adventure? I'm always interested in a new adventure...

marcum uth mather
07-07-2003, 05:12 PM
well yes then right.... barliman what do0 you havre in yer larders today?

to get started i was hoping any one of you could tell me or help me get information on The Vampire. A close friend of mine was leading a army in the Giant downs and was bitten by a Barrowwight. he is slowly wasting away and the druids think the Vampires fangs could help brew a antidote.

Ariadne
07-09-2003, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by marcum uth mather@Jul 7 2003, 06:12 PM
well yes then right.... barliman what do0 you havre in yer larders today?

to get started i was hoping any one of you could tell me or help me get information on The Vampire. A close friend of mine was leading a army in the Giant downs and was bitten by a Barrowwight. he is slowly wasting away and the druids think the Vampires fangs could help brew a antidote.
Oh, sorry, but I fear, I can't tell much about the Vampire. I was in Rohrmarch once to help Kurt Warkinde with Kiergaard. The Vampire has his hold near by, but all I know is, that it's not good to cross his borders...

marcum uth mather
07-22-2003, 05:01 AM
o well and good my lass im sure to find a way to get what i need . But tell me how did yer adventures go up there.

Arlen Blaede
07-22-2003, 06:26 PM
The door opens and a veritable giant of a man steps into the Inn. He stands well over six feet with a broad frame; immediately noticeable are the pair of large sword hilts, one rearing over his right shoulder and the other angled down past his left hip. Dressed in a dark, midnight cloak and winter boots he lightly strides across the floor to the bar making no noise. His black hair is tied in a topknot with a leather strap, and his emerald green eyes touch everyone in the bar, measuring. He looks loose, but with a tension in his muscles that say he could be pure death before the sound of a drawn sword could echo.

"Goodman, ale please."

He drops a few silver on the bar and remains standing.

The temperature seems to have dropped in the bar since he entered and most of the common patrons are doing their best to look, but not stare. They feel the presence of a wolf in their midst.

Ariadne
07-23-2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by marcum uth mather@Jul 22 2003, 06:01 AM
o well and good my lass im sure to find a way to get what i need . But tell me how did yer adventures go up there.
Oh, well... As the high pristess of the Chosen of Khirdai of Aftane I try to unite all existing orders of Cuiraécen within Cerilia. I succeced with the "White Swords" of Min-Dhousai and several temples within Brechtür. BTW I am here to find other temples of Cuiraécen apart from the "Militant Order".

To establish and strengthen our union I was asked to help the "Stormlord Seerbrand" with troops against an attack from Kiergaard. So I sent my best troop, the "Thunder Knights", to Rohrmarch. Well the north-east borders to the ralm of the Vampire. I never crossed its borders, but it is said that there the sun never shines and there is nearly always night. I you ask me, there were always dark clouds...

Don't you think, it's getting cold? Anuire is always a bit cold to me, but I'm sure, the temperature sank during the last minutes...

Arlen Blaede
07-24-2003, 08:53 PM
Picking up the frothy mug, the northman drinks deeply while turning around to put his back to the bar. Spying your table he begins to walk over.

--addresses Ariadne
"My lady, mind if I join you and your companions at this table? I believe that if I were to sit anywhere else I would frighten one of these locals off."

Ariadne
07-25-2003, 03:23 PM
"Oh, yes, please join us." *pointing at an empty chair*

"I'm Ariadne al-Chian, priestess of the god the Anuireans name Cuiraécen. May I ask with whom I have the honour to speak?"

marcum uth mather
07-28-2003, 06:11 PM
@ chuckling to himself@

frighten locals off, bah. have a seat lad and if'n you want.

Arlen Blaede
08-06-2003, 07:53 PM
"Thankyou my lady, I am Arlen Blaede First Jarl of Mydjarrna. Good day to you as well good sir."

<He turns a chair around so that he can sit and leave his swords free to draw>

"Does this place serve a good meal? If so I would be pleased to have you both join my in mine. I have been several days with silence and I would appreciate hearing what has been occurring in these parts."

Dragaar
08-07-2003, 12:34 PM
My lords a voice is heard as loud and clear as the thunder travels over the roaring seas.
The land is changing, and the eyes of the Beast are everywhere. Blood and Vengeance can be easily detected in the air.
There are small whispers in the Halls, even as the voice fades, with a creeping, high pitched laughter.

The voice of madness has entered the Halls, a guard sais, his face distorted from the terror that has penetrated his mortal soul.

Ariadne
08-07-2003, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Arlen Blaede@Aug 6 2003, 08:53 PM
"Does this place serve a good meal? If so I would be pleased to have you both join my in mine. I have been several days with silence and I would appreciate hearing what has been occurring in these parts."
"Hmmm.... I haven&#39;t got my meal until now, so I can&#39;t tell." *She smiles*
"But the wine, they have, is really good. Come and talk or hear, if you like..."

*Turning to the strange voice and mustering the figure from the top to the feet without any sign of insecurity.*

"you seem to feel uncomfortable in these times. Blood and vengeance can always be detected in regions, where evil has still set a foot."

Arlen Blaede
08-08-2003, 07:14 AM
"Barkeep, bring me whatever is turning on the fire, some bread and cheese, as well as some more wine for all here at the table."

<Turns towards Lady Ariadne>

"As for evil Lady Ariadne, it thrives wherever those with the power to oppose it do nothing. I have seen enough in my time, but I will spend my last breath making sure those I care for have naught to fear from it."

Ariadne
08-09-2003, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Arlen Blaede@Aug 8 2003, 08:14 AM
<Turns towards Lady Ariadne>

"As for evil Lady Ariadne, it thrives wherever those with the power to oppose it do nothing. I have seen enough in my time, but I will spend my last breath making sure those I care for have naught to fear from it."
So you seem to struggle for the same things, as I do...

Muiredach
08-10-2003, 08:50 AM
Muiredach pushes open the door and closes it with care. He is intent upon the bar.

"I want a drink, a meal, a table, and a room. Alone is best." He says to the barkeep.

Arlen Blaede
08-11-2003, 07:45 AM
Lady Ariadne, I do not know you well enough to say if our goals are one and the same, nor would I like to speak for you. I am merely one man who has been blessed by Erik. I quickly learned my duty to the land and to my brothers and sisters who live there. Since no others were forthcoming I spend my blood protecting them from that which they can not defend themselves.

I am no holy warrior, nor am I a true seeker; I am merely a blade in the darkness.

Ariadne
08-12-2003, 10:48 AM
You protect those who cannot protect themselves? This sounds like the dogma of the church of Cuiraécen. Most of us are crusaders of good and execute the holy war against darkness and evil...

marcum uth mather
08-20-2003, 10:17 PM
@ striding to the wall and rumiging threw his pack... and pulls out a bagpipe. @

perhaps all this doom and gloom has set me to melincoly .. but i feel a song would work out the kinks of the night. Any problems Barliman my friend?

Lord Valkyr
10-06-2003, 01:39 AM
The door opens and inside a figure slowly yet unsteadily walks towards the bar. Clothed in what was once mail & plate of fine smithing was now painted in places with caked grime and blackened ichor. The cloak, black long ago, now grey with dust and rent with many a wound. At the waist the hilt of a blade keeping pace with its wearers flank.

Removing the hood, there a man emerged with dark hair wild from lack of grooming that framed dark green eyes on a visibly tired yet proud face. Slipping silver to the barkeep, with a low whisper "mead please." He waited patiently for the mead that the keep hands him but a few moments later. With a nod to the man, he drains the mug dry in a few beats of a heart. He pauses and sets the mug back upon the counter. Looks about the room and realizes that the room has gone quiet at his entrance.

He smiles and in an even voice that resonates in the now still room. "Forgive my interruption and intrusion my lords and ladies." He bows then rises and continues speaking "I have been distant from these lands and long in coming here, which has made my manners thin of late. I am Valkyr, Lord and Duke of Aragon"

marcum uth mather
11-20-2003, 03:52 PM
@ striking up a tune one his pipes and singing every 4 bar@

o ther once was a lass with bright blond hair who walked by the lake shore

and she cried great tears to the dead warriors there cause her true heart would breath no more

Lord Eldred
07-01-2004, 02:08 PM
Again the door opens and a man walks slowly in. His face haggard and his clothing ripped and soiled. He looks around, blinks a couple of times, and says "Barkeep it is good to be home." He walks over to the bar, sits down and orders ale and whatever the special is today.

master_guelfi
11-11-2004, 05:05 PM
Again the door was open and a strange figure come in the hall. He was tall, young and quiet. His face has a little traces that be never seen in Cerilia, tiny eyes and small mouth, wearing a red-blood armor with a long and strange sword in his back he sit in a chair and ask about a little coup of milk.