PDA

View Full Version : Chap 2 Blood Abilities

irdeggman
05-12-2003, 08:40 PM
Here's another poll concerning whether or not blood abilities should be determined randomly, non-randomly (i.e., player's choice) or a variant to allow both mehtods.

conductingsum
06-15-2003, 07:05 PM
i think it should be random but i dont really care if a DM allows players to pick...

odintsaq
06-15-2003, 11:52 PM
Both methods should be used in order to balance the advantages and disadvantages of each method

dedeefendi
06-04-2004, 05:47 AM
Randomization is the nature of FRP and blood abilities. You cannot determine your abilities come from your heritage. Blood abilities are both a curse and a blessing. If you give one extra feat and ability point to non-blooded characters, when a blooded character takes only bloodmark its a curse :D
But with a str. of 16/100 if he take divine wrath, it is sure a blessing.

irdeggman
06-04-2004, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by dedeefendi@Jun 4 2004, 12:47 AM
Randomization is the nature of FRP and blood abilities. You cannot determine your abilities come from your heritage. Blood abilities are both a curse and a blessing. If you give one extra feat and ability point to non-blooded characters, when a blooded character takes only bloodmark its a curse :D
But with a str. of 16/100 if he take divine wrath, it is sure a blessing.
FYI
Chap 2 has been revised (up to 3.5 rules and board comments) and sanctioned.

Here is the link to get to it.

http://www.birthright.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=2346

The end result was that players get to choose their own blood abiolities (keeping with the 3/3.5 concepts) as the default but there is a variant (and tables) for random determiniation.

dedeefendi
06-04-2004, 06:33 PM
Than it is the flaw of 3.5 :) . I didn't like it anyway :D.

irdeggman
06-04-2004, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by dedeefendi@Jun 4 2004, 01:33 PM
Than it is the flaw of 3.5 :) . I didn't like it anyway :D.
Its actually the same as 3.0 only 3.5 made things clearer.

As far as using random blood ability generation, there are many who have posted that that is their preference also (myself included). But keeping with 3.0/3.5 (which is what the goal of the BRCS was in the first place) having players choose is the standard. The variant was added to provide a means to do exactly what you want to. It also gives tables with some way to determine the frequency of abilities.

Since it is your campaign, you can run it as you wish (again part of the 3/3.5 and D&D since its creation). House rules are what it is all about. But the BRCS cannot include all of them (it would be far too large, and it is already quite sizable in length).

RaspK_FOG
06-05-2004, 01:03 AM
I do like the concept of random choice as well, but one should be allowed to choose as well. Furthermore, the difference is that in 2e balance was "insured" by randomisation, not through careful adjudication of blood powers... <_<