PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have any interesting D20 birthright campaigns going on right no

manscorpion
12-20-2001, 07:31 AM
Does anyone have any interesting D20 birthright campains they are currently involved in? And if so any interesting tales?

Riegan Swordwraith
12-20-2001, 07:39 AM
Not right now..But I am gearing up to run one...Even though I would rather play......

Oh well....

dmferry
12-20-2001, 07:54 AM
Yes a new BR campaign. If you understand dutch you can look at my homepage. If not well learn then ;)

IMC the plot is just starting to develop and they players are getting used to the setting. Soon the blooded paladin is going to face her greatest challenge.

~dmferry

manscorpion
12-20-2001, 09:15 AM
sounds cool dmferry but I don't speak or read dutch. sorry lol

dmferry
12-20-2001, 12:03 PM
hehe no problem. I will translate some in the future.

~dmferry

Strahd
12-20-2001, 04:31 PM
I have a d20 campaign, based mostly on Travis Doom's conversion. Don't know if it is interesting, I hope it is (maybe PCyric would like to tell you, he is one of the PCs). Too bad that the cleric of the party didn't play as he SHOULD have and 2 characters died (including the cleric of course!). They missed some nice plot elements, which started to unveal at that time :(

Rhobher Nichaleir
12-20-2001, 10:10 PM
Morg's pbem at bloodsilver.com is d20.

Lawgiver
12-21-2001, 03:57 AM
Mine has the potential to unfold rather nicely. We're only on the 2nd/3rd turn (depending on the player). Nothing to intriguing yet though... the seeds are still being planted.

dmferry
12-21-2001, 02:00 PM
I alway loose the clerc either they quit or die a horrible death. Don't know how that happens ? In my FR campaign one Lathander priest survived for 8 months.

~dmferry

Lord Eldred
12-28-2001, 02:52 AM
dmferry, my campaigns seem to be the opposite of yours. The clerics are the ones that seem to servive the longest and are the most interesting in the campaign. My favorite characters to play have always been clerics (outside of birthright, in birthright I have just played a fighter).

Lawgiver
12-28-2001, 03:45 AM
I have found that fighter (all warrior clasees for that matter) tend to find it more difficult to succeed in Birthright. Their lack of access to the regency of temples and guilds hurts. Its plausible for fighters to collect extra GBs from their control guilds, but its a little less likely for them to rule temples without having strong clerical or paladin like tendancies (at least in my opinion...).

Lord Eldred
12-28-2001, 04:03 AM
I would have to agree with you Lawgiver on that one. Being a fighter has been difficult. I do get some money out of my law holdings and the few guilds I have. Sometimes I have to rely on others to raise the armies to protect the United Provinces. However, my campaign world is a little different because we have a ruling counsel.

brownie
01-15-2002, 04:01 AM
Clerics are great characters as long as they dont et over selous. THey have to learn to stay in the back alittle and dont just use there magic for themselves. THey have to be aware of what is going on around them.
On another note does either of your campaigns need a thief, if so let me know and i will bring one in. I would love to make some guilds.

Chaos Lord Arioch
01-25-2002, 05:03 AM
check out http://students.ceid.upatras.gr/~mperedim/SotB

It should prove interesting simply for its size and complexity.
Not to mention there are a lot of positions available, even guildmasters!
See you on the battlefield
:)

Arlen Blaede
01-25-2002, 04:29 PM
Actually, my GM has dropped the 3E module "The Temple of Elemental Evil smack dab right in the middle of
the Giant Downs. My character (fighter/blademaster) has become regent of a province while the rest of
the group has developed interests in their perspective fields (holdings, sources, etc.). We're probably
only into the 1st or 2nd turn, but this has the potential to get really intersting.

doom
01-25-2002, 10:51 PM
Orginally posted by manscorpion

Does anyone have any interesting D20 birthright campains they are currently involved in? And if so any interesting tales?

I've been running a d20 birthright game since... june of 2000. My players have put together a web site full of plot, backstory, and other such nonsense. You can get to it by following the "Roesone Campaign" link off of my Birthright web site (htpp://www.wright.edu/~travis.doom/pub/BR).

Golem88
01-28-2002, 05:39 PM
I started a campaign in Vosgaard (of all places) when 3rd edition came out. I had been running a based out of Ilien where the players were going amock with their navy and expanding like a plague of locusts.

Anyway, the players all started out as Scions in Melyy, a realm in the middle of a silver rush, taking odd jobs for the Guild such as protecting shipments of silver, hunting marauding Goblinoids and the like. The players were starting to step on a few toes belonging to the upper echelons of the guild, and on their next mission which involved starting up a trade route to the realm of Lutkohvsky, they were double crossed.

The guild guards accompanying them attacked them without warning. Through some incredible dice rolls on the players part, they easily defeated the ambush. Now they were pissed off. They gathered all their NPC friends and staged a massive uprising against the guild in their province (Buzu) and drove them out.

Now they are establishing themselves as Guild leaders all on their own, and I couldn't be more proud. The Funny part was that none of this was planned; I simply showed up without an adventure for one our sessions, and events transpired so that they took control of their own domain.

Well, enough of my ramblings. I'd love to hear som war stories from the other peopler here.

Cheers

Azrai
01-29-2002, 08:32 PM
Hi,

check out the leading-german-roleplay-homepage.

Here are 3. Edition Birthright Prestige Classes for Clerics.

I will soon translate some of them ...

[/url http://www.rpg-gate.de/gate2/de/dnd-gate/g...tige-index.html (http://www.rpg-gate.de/gate2/de/dnd-gate/game-masters/prestigeklassen/prestige-index.html)

Aleric
02-05-2002, 02:26 PM
I started my campaign (about three months ago) with one of the characters as the heir apparent to Roesone and began the first line of dialogue with ‘the king has been murdered’.

The campaign has involved the initial escape from the henchmen of his father’s murderer, an attempt to prevent the usurper’s investiture, clear his own name (of course, he was framed for the murder) and the gathering of forces from loyal province lords to retake the capital.

What has worked particularly well is introducing lots of relevant NPCs under circumstances in which the player needs their help and, in many cases, has to cut deals to guarantee their support (that old rogue Sedrie Bellamie negotiated control of his own law sources in Bellam province). These deals will shape the rest of the campaign – assuming of course the regent successfully regains the throne.

A useful restraint on wholesale civil war has been the knowledge held by both factions that such weakening of itself would leave Roesone ripe for conquest by such enemies as Ghoere. Thus roleplaying and cunning are brought to the fore.

Highly recommend starting a campaign this way.