PDA

View Full Version : Who would win Magian vs. Spider ?

Arch-Sorcerer Gargamel
12-17-2001, 08:48 AM
I don't really know anything about the magian, so I'm just being antagonistic.

Magian
12-17-2001, 07:11 PM
I would have to say the setting would depend on this however regardless of the setting I don't think an absolute defeat of the Magian is possible.

Arch-Sorcerer Gargamel
12-18-2001, 12:36 AM
I would actually like to learn more about the Khinasi and Vos, I've never had the chance to peruse those boxes, so I am very uninformed about their denizens.

Lawgiver
12-18-2001, 04:02 AM
I'd have to say hands down the Magain. Even if the dead guy had to meet the Spider in his own web, he'd whip him.

Magian
12-18-2001, 07:23 PM
The vos expansion is not a boxed set it is a bookelet. Actually a map, a DM realm booklet, and a PC realm booklet just so you know and finally get ahold of one and you don't feel gipped.

I would suggest looking at ebay everyday until you find a deal. That is how I have purchased my huge collection of stuff.

sincerely,

Magian (packrat)

blitzmacher
12-18-2001, 11:13 PM
The Magian would. The Spider just doesn't have enough marbles left to take on a real advisary

Lord Eldred
12-28-2001, 04:22 AM
I think home court does play an advantage here. If the spider was to leave his web, it would definately lose but if Magian dared to enter the Spiderfell, I am not sure Magian would even make it through the forest to get to actual combat with the Spider!

Lawgiver
12-28-2001, 04:41 AM
I don't think the forests are of particular danger ot the Magian. First I don't poison is of the realm's spiders is of any effect against one without blood. Second, the only other major force of gnolls and goblins could easily be avoided with an invisibility spell (or obliteration... )

Lord Eldred
12-28-2001, 04:44 AM
I think you need to read more about the forest before you are so quick to judge.

Lawgiver
12-28-2001, 04:59 AM
Perhaps you could loan me some books! :P Other than the Iron Throne and War, I haven't read any of the other BR novels.

Green Knight
03-07-2002, 11:18 AM
Guilder Kalien wins. He is really just Elminster in a magic disguise. As the Spider and the Magian clash, he quietly prepares 15 9th level (quickened, maximized, multitasked and whatnot) spells. As the Magian disintegrates the Spider (who will reform later), Elminster unleashes his spells and chops of the Magian's head with his +5 sword (which is REALLY a +10 intelligent sword with an age group 35 gold dragon in it). Elminster opens a portal home to the Dales, is intercepted by Azrai in the SW and quickly dispatched. Undead cheer. :P

Arch-Sorcerer Gargamel
03-08-2002, 06:52 AM
Good Show

Lawgiver
03-09-2002, 04:54 AM
Even for all the good he may have done,the death of Elminister would bring such joy to so many...(including myself)

Lord Valkyr
03-12-2002, 10:35 AM
Magian would win

Simple logic he looks scarier

Scariest=winner

hmmm Elminster well he would die because "Evil will always win because Good is dumb" & I dont care how big his Schwartz is its all in how you handle it

Lord Zidane
06-22-2002, 04:41 PM
The Magian hands down

Lord Zidane
06-22-2002, 04:54 PM
Orginally posted by Lord Valkyr

hmmm Elminster well he would die because "Evil will always win because Good is dumb" & I dont care how big his Schwartz is its all in how you handle it
:)
lol
"hes an asshole sir"Col sanders
"i know that , whats his name"Dark Helmet
"that is his name sir, major asshole"Col sanders
"and his cousin"Dark Helmet
"hes an asshole too sir,first class gunner phillip asshole"Col Sanders
"how many assholes we got on this ship anyhow"dark Helmet
everyone stands up and raises their hand
"i knew it im surrounded by assholes"Dark Helmet
"keep firing assholes" Dark Helmet

all i have to say is that if somebody else , and im not going to say who (looks at Elminster and points ),would have stood up and raised his hand if he was on that ship

:P :) :P

Ariadne
07-01-2002, 10:31 AM
Easy, the Magian wins! It take's some time to get her bit through the Magian's stoneskin :)

Such duells should be very encouraged, getting killed some Awnsheglien without burning your own hands....

Oqlanth
08-27-2002, 03:30 PM
i support the spider!go on spidy :P

Sir Justine
08-27-2002, 04:37 PM
I don't want to underestimate the Spider, but the Magian is more cunning, powerfull, wise and, well, has most levels. He would win.

Elijah
08-29-2002, 07:47 AM
Ahh ... But you are all forgetting one thing. Nobody knows how to kill the Spider... And he can be killed by only one specific method. Rumours seem to swirl around needing the wood of a dryad's tree. 'Nuff said.