PDA

View Full Version : Icons

Xander
12-17-2001, 01:05 AM
Where does one happen to find the various icons?
And how do you upload them once they are found?
;)

Lawgiver
12-17-2001, 02:25 AM
I'm assuming you mean the little pics near certain indivdual's names... (the guy in the helmet by mine). Click on 'My Home' --the middle button of the five at the top right hand side of the screen (while in the discussion boards section). There is a section under there for 'avatars' its should be self explaintory from there if not. Click the 'Help' button and look up stuff on avatars.

Xander
12-17-2001, 02:39 AM
Gracias!;)

Xander
12-17-2001, 02:44 AM
I retract my gracias, for neither of thy suggestions were a help, but thanks anyway.:P

Lawgiver
12-17-2001, 03:46 AM
Let me try to clarrify it again.

*click 'My Home'
*click 'My Settings'
* under Configuration there is a section that says 'Avatar:' (third thing from the bottom of the page)
* click the link that says Click here to upload a custom avatar.
*Pick an image from your local machine by pressing 'Browse' or link to one on a webpage. (I had problems with the linking... tried three different ones. I finally just uploaded one)
* click 'Submit'... this should take you back to the 'My Settings' Screen. you should see a preview of avatar you added.
*click 'Submit' to save you settings.

Hope you can follow that.

p.s. Its up to you to hunt and find your own avatar. Its not a like a list and you pick one.

Lord Eldred
12-27-2001, 11:33 PM
Lawgiver do you have any suggestions on good websites for icons? I think that is what the original question was but I still don't see a clear answer. I know you ARE trying to help though! :)

Lawgiver
12-28-2001, 03:02 AM
Be creative... draw your own like me! :P

If you go to any search engine and look for icons or fantasy images, or fantasy art you should be able to find a ton of images. If you find a big pic you should be able to crop a chunk out with an image editor (you should have one with your version of Windows).

Lord Eldred
12-28-2001, 03:08 AM
Not exactly the answer I was looking for but it will do!

Lawgiver
12-28-2001, 04:25 AM
awe come on Eldred. This is a discussion board not a babysitting site :P (p.s. That is a joke.)

Lord Eldred
12-28-2001, 04:29 AM
You mean this is not the Birth Right Baby Sitting Service Posting Board. I thought something was funny about all these posts.

Lawgiver
12-28-2001, 04:49 AM
I change enough diapers at home. No need to do it online too!