PDA

View Full Version : Would anyone be interested in a Tax Generation Program?

Lawgiver
12-15-2001, 07:02 AM
This would basically be a Windows app that could be used to generate the Tax collectionf for a realm. I could also build a small database of all the realms so that you would have the defaults to start with. The database would be editable so that you could modify your realms as they grow. It would basically be something similar to the Maintenance thing that runs each Domain Turn in the Birthright PC game.

morgramen
12-15-2001, 04:12 PM
Love this sort of stuff. Very useful.

Could it do Law Claims?? That seems to be a common problem with the tax rollers I've already seen in the past. It would be nice to finally have law claims functioning.

Lawgiver
12-15-2001, 04:58 PM
Shouldn't be a problem. I may start this over Christmas. If no one else uses it I will. I hate rolling and searching the table for the tax rates, Law claims etc. Even writing it down and looking it up is a pain. If I can get it to a state where you simply click "Collect Taxes" for a province then Hoo-rah! The only work you would have to do is keep up with the level changes from Create, Rule and Contest.

Lord Eldred
12-16-2001, 01:43 AM
This would be most excellent Lawgiver and a nice post Christmas gift to many of us!

Xander
12-16-2001, 03:58 AM
It would definitely help out my realm. As you know, I have a slight income vs. outgo problem. So bring on the taxes.;)

Lawgiver
12-16-2001, 04:03 AM
[humming and singing a tune to himself] 'There was a rich man from Notingham who tried to cross the river... OH WHAT A DOPE! He tripped on a rope! Now Look at him shiver!' ... 'Beg for mercy rich man!'

Lawgiver
12-19-2001, 03:57 AM
I have built the database for the app. I should be starting the user interface screens tomorrow.

This thing has been gnawing on me constantly... I wish I had more free time to allocate to it.

Lord Eldred
12-27-2001, 11:30 PM
I think we all wish that we had more time. Keep up the good work Lawgiver!

Lawgiver
12-28-2001, 04:05 AM
I've been working quite a bit of overtime at work and with the holidays I haven't even be able to look at it in over a week.

Lord Eldred
12-28-2001, 04:10 AM
I know how you feel, I haven't even been on line in over a week!

Lawgiver
12-28-2001, 04:20 AM
I know. I surpassed you in number of posts while you were away ;)

Lord Eldred
12-28-2001, 04:24 AM
Yep and you are making it near impossible to even just catch up ;)

Lawgiver
12-28-2001, 04:48 AM
I try :P

I was hoping for another star at 300, but no dice.

Lawgiver
01-15-2002, 07:40 PM
I've got most of the basic screens laid out and have finished most of the basic "business rules" (i.e. your holding level can't exceed the province level, etc.) Once I finish the business rules I'm going to work on the basics of the tax generation.

Its hard to find time to do too much. I've been trying to do it on my lunch breaks at work and work on the 3e development at night. Perhaps I'll have more time this weekend when my sister-in-law is visiting (AHHH!!!!! :P)

Lord Eldred
01-16-2002, 02:42 AM
Perhaps if you didn't spend so much time posting on this site you could get it done ;)

Lawgiver
01-16-2002, 04:42 AM
I don't normally post while at work. And I don't normally work on the prgram at home since its to much of a pain to email all the files I need back and forth everyday. Sending them on the weekends is plenty. Besides you caught up on posts enough already!

Lawgiver
01-25-2002, 06:59 PM
Ive got the basic guts working. It can compute provincial taxes, temple/guild income, traderoute, and lawclaims! [It still needs some in depth testing to make sure...I've only done a portion of Talinie's realm]

Now to get the financial data in a presentable report format for veiwing...