PDA

View Full Version : The Raven vs. The Gorgon -- who would win?

Lawgiver
12-08-2001, 11:54 PM
IF the Raven and the Gorgon were 'forced' into a gladitorial arena to fight to the death. (Assuming that each got full access to their weapons and armor of choice) Who would win?

Lawgiver
12-10-2001, 02:54 AM
My personal opinion is that the Raven would win hands down. His combo of fighting and magic would elevate him to victory. I know that the Gorgon has a 90% magic resistence, but there are spells that would not require getting around the Gorgon's resistence. A sneaky wizard will target spells on weapons and armor. You may not be able to cast dispel magic on the Gorgon... but to me his weapon is a different story. The resistence is his physical body... i.e. resistence to a fire ball. His weapons would be free game!

Riegan Swordwraith
12-10-2001, 06:37 AM
I think you are forgetting the fact that the Gorgon is not only a high-level fighter,but also a 16th lvl Wizard as well.I am unsure of the Raven's abilities and I don't have my Awnsheleign book close at hand,but I don't think there are too many people in any world who could take the Gorgon on in a fight.

Lawgiver
12-10-2001, 12:32 PM
The 16th level Wizard thing is debatable. He's only a 25th level fighter in my campaign...I was think that somewhere there were conflicting listings of his character class and abilities. Unfortunately, like a fool I sold my Blood Enemies book -- for $5 (SLAPS forehead again thinking about it).

If you leave Gorgon as a 16th level wizard he'd most likley win. But, I am still partial to the Raven...

Magian
12-11-2001, 05:32 AM
Lest we forget even without the Gorgon being a 16th level wizard he is still specialized in just about every weapon not to mention his magic resistance to counter any spells they may cast at him. I vote for the Gorgon, however I don't know how to get my vote on these polls.

Magian
12-12-2001, 07:04 AM
Hey everyone, notice he doesn't match the Gorgon up with the Magian? That is because it would take all the regents in Cerilia to even come close to defeating the Magian. He is in a league of his own. "Its my party and I can cry if I want to."

Lawgiver
12-13-2001, 04:48 AM
Easy there my dead friend... Pride cometh before a fall. I have little doubt that you would be able to best the Gorgon in a battle of wits and intrigue. But I think you would be in a world of hurt should you step into the ring with ole Stoney (esp. if you give him the level 16 as wizard). Though would the touch of decay/death work on the Gorgon...

spehar
02-28-2002, 06:25 AM
In 2nd Ed the Gorgon was a 25/16 Fighter/Wizard. By the conversion rules that still makes him a 30th level character. How you choose to split those are up to you. You found someone willing to pay $5 for Blood Enemies? He thief you.

Green Knight
03-07-2002, 11:08 AM
The Gorgon. He's the better fighter, the better wizard, and has access to many more magic items. Spell resistance would work for his items as well. :P

Temujin
03-07-2002, 10:42 PM
The Raven is the Son of Azrai! The Gorgon, the Magian and others are mere pawns in his game, none can oppose the Raven! :P

Chioran
03-08-2002, 03:31 AM
Hasta La Vista Raven.

Arch-Sorcerer Gargamel
03-08-2002, 06:51 AM
What about me? What about Raven?

Lord Valkyr
03-12-2002, 10:45 AM
gorgon

following earlier stated equation

scariest=winner

Eric Saxon
03-25-2002, 08:18 AM
Gorgon wins any day of the week against any of the other Awnsheghlin, Raven would be his bitch. He would slap him around and force him to make a 'pastrami sandwich', I really like pastrami sandwiches. :)

Robbie
06-18-2002, 09:42 PM
Raven is one of the Lost, yet so are Magian and el-Shegul, both much stronger than Raven. His fighter levels are no good against a 19 and 20 lev wizard. Besides, even the Gorgon is a more powerful wizard than the Raven. I.E. Raven sucks ass.:))

Peter Lubke
06-19-2002, 01:36 AM
On Wed, 2002-06-19 at 07:42, brnetboard@TUARHIEVEL.ORG wrote:

Robbie wrote:
Raven is one of the Lost, yet so are Magian and el-Shegul, both much stronger than Raven. His fighter levels are no good against a 19 and 20 lev wizard. Besides, even the Gorgon is a more powerful wizard than the Raven. I.E. Raven sucks ass.:))

At some point extremely strong characters have the capability of taking
out almost any opponent very quickly. The Ravens death and wither
touches along with his invulnerability, and spells make him a
fierce-some one-on-one opponent for the Gorgon, while the Gorgon is a
horribly effective death dealing machine on his own. (with or without
wizardly prowess) Single combat between them is a high risk affair on
both sides, unlike the combat of lesser men, the first strike between
them is likely to be a mortal one.

As for comparing them not to each other but to lesser men - one
incredibly powerful being taking your head off is just as dangerous as
any other.

In other words - the Magian kicks severe butt.

My point is that both these characters have severe overkill capacity -
so what if the Gorgon has a little more - the Magian has enough to take
him out too.

The Birthright Homepage: http://www.birthright.net
To unsubscribe, send email to LISTSERV@ORACLE.WIZARDS.COM
with UNSUB BIRTHRIGHT-L in the body of the message.