PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Blood Power

Lawgiver
12-08-2001, 11:13 PM
What is your favorite Blood Power?

PCyric
12-13-2001, 01:46 AM
It is definitely my favourite blood power. First of all it provides the DM with many roleplaying ideas, as well as forces the player to come up with a rich background. After all in BR it's all about history

Temujin
12-13-2001, 02:33 AM
Most of the time I don't like the animal affinity power for example, but with two different characters, I enjoyed that power. Normally, with warriors types anyway, I like battlewise, courage, divine wrath, elemental control, divine aura, bloodmark and heightened ability notably. Which means, that my favorite bloodlines also are Anduiras and Basaia.

Lawgiver
12-13-2001, 05:34 AM
Temujin: uh... maybe I should have defined favorite. It generally refers to one, maybe two.

I'm personally a fan of Divine Wrath. Though I agree with PCyric that Blood history offers the best role-playing opportunity. Unfortunately, most of my PCs are too focused on getting the most bang for their buck! Its nice for a storyline, but functionally its not appealling to them. (though I can think of countless good uses for it...)

I've dropped elemental control from the list available for PCs it seemed a little to powerful to me. Even for a Great power. I may give it to an NPC at some point but its highly doubtful!

Perhelion
12-13-2001, 06:28 PM
Divine wrath!
One of the most RP-friendly powers!
I agree with Temujin about elemental control... besides I am not certain elemental should fit in with most of the the gods of Cerilia... Animal spirits for Reynir, Water spirits for Masela (these could include water elementals perhaps) ... etc.

Lawgiver
12-13-2001, 08:18 PM
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Orginally posted by Perhelion
I agree with Temujin about elemental control...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Temujin never said anything about elemental control... other than he liked it for warrior types.

Perhelion
12-14-2001, 06:52 PM
Quite right, my mistake. I meant your comment of course (got mislaid by your reference too Temujin).

Temujin
12-15-2001, 02:49 AM
I know what you meant when you asked for a favorite blood power. What I was trying to point out is that I don't have *1* specific blood ability that I like more than all the others. It really depends on the character I'm playing. If I was playing a spy-like rogue, I'd probably value unreadable thoughts more than regeneration. Its just how they fit with the character that matters to me.

Lawgiver
12-15-2001, 06:49 AM
just got to jab you a little Temujin... gotta keep you in line. :P.

Where did the name Temujin come from anyway? I'm not familiar with it...

Riegan Swordwraith
12-16-2001, 06:34 PM
Isn't Temujin the true name of Ghengis Khan???

Lawgiver
12-16-2001, 08:57 PM
Now that you mention it... yes, I believe it is.

Sellenus
01-16-2002, 07:40 PM
My Fav is Bloodmark...

But then again, I'm odd. Seriously though, I like it for the roleplay enhancement value.

Lord Eldred
02-24-2002, 06:17 PM
Sellenus you are true roleplayer!

I prefer Divine Wrath

Lawgiver
02-24-2002, 08:57 PM
Orginally posted by Lord Eldred

Sellenus you are true roleplayer!

I prefer Divine Wrath

freaky, we agree again...

Lord Eldred
02-25-2002, 02:58 AM
Lawgiver, it was bound to happen ;)

Riegan Swordwraith
02-25-2002, 04:24 AM
Personally I am kinda partial to Forest Walker,but then again I like any power that makes a Ranger even more capable when in his element.

blitzmacher
02-26-2002, 01:46 AM
Mine is healing, since I'm good at getting myself hurt I like the fact that I can get the chance to heal myself.

Sellenus
03-09-2002, 03:23 AM
WOW... Lawgiver and Lord Eldred agreeing... over something to do with me!

This almost calls for a song...:)

Lord Valkyr
03-12-2002, 10:56 AM
Well unfortunately there are many intrigues but not many role playing opportunities are taken by my PCs. I personally enjoy Divine Aura I like for it makes the divine heritage so much more awe inspiring if you will.

Ariadne
06-26-2002, 12:02 PM
My favorite blood power? ... I habe serveral...

Most I like Travel (Vorynn), Regenerate (Andurias), Highted Ability (any), Healing (Anduiras), Protection from evil (Vorynn), berserker's blood (Vorynn), elemental control (Reynir) and of cause bloodtrait (Vorynn).

The bloodline-abilities I don't like are animal affinity (all), bloodform (Azrai), Travel (Basaia [when do you have a fire?]) and divine aura (all).

Elijah
08-19-2002, 12:05 PM
I think Travel (Brenna) is cool, especially if you're a Ranger. I used to play Rangers pretty often but now I switched to playing priests. For priests, I think Divine Aura would be quite appropriate but it's not my fav. Not very subtle. I prefer Masela's power which allows conversations regarding you to be carries to you by the wind. Very cool!

Onwen Agelmore
08-22-2002, 08:29 PM
What kind of character are you plaing whith...
Of corse Divine Wrath is very strong, but...
In roleplay there some much coolest!
Blood Mark is a very good to start whith, itīs kind dumb for me to got it in the midle of the game.