Policies » Policy/Vandalism
This page is an official policy on BRWiki.
This policy has wide acceptance among editors and is considered a standard that all users should follow.
- Feel free to propose any changes to this policy, but please make sure that changes you make follow the official process and reflect consensus on the discussion page before you put them into practice. Any changes need to be Adopted or Decreed to be enforced as policy.
- See the Policies home page for an overview of BRWiki policies.
- See Category:Policies for a list of proposed and adopted policy articles.
BRWiki definition of vandalism
This is the definition of vandalism for the purposes of this policy:
- Removing valid content without explanation or an explanation that makes no sense.
- Adding content to this wiki not about or related to BRWiki, Birthright or Dungeons & Dragons.
- Pretending to remove other vandalism content in order to prevent cleaning. This includes minor edits or minor removals while leaving a bulk of unwanted content ("spam"), but making a comment as if you removed the unwanted content.
- Items listed in the Do not post policy
An act of vandalism can be removed or reverted with only a comment in the edit summary identifying the type of vandalism (usually spam, unexplained deletes, etc.). Disagreement with the edit should be posted in the related discussion page. Cleaners will be added to the honorary Cleaners category, unless they request to be removed.
- BEFORE YOU START REVERTING VANDALISM: Please read "About reverting vandalism".
Record of Vandals
Vandals should have their user name added to the known vandals list with a some note on the type or level of vandalism and optionally any cleaning information.
- If the user is seen to be posting with non-malicious intent, they will get a warning from the admin before a block occurs.
- If the vandalizing user is obviously controlled by a bot (user), the block will start at 1 year.
|# of Acts Vandalism||Block Time|
|1 act||7 days (168 hours)|
|5 acts||1 month|
|10 acts||1 year|
How to Appeal a Block
Generally there is no recourse to a block, but you could create another user and post an appeal with reasons in the discussion area of the Vandalism policy.